European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

ethylphenidate dosage

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Sorry for the new thread but can't find a straight answer easily. Rectal dosage for this please.

kthx

What do you want to achieve with it, exactly?

Pleasant light stimulation and a motivational aid or some kind of more noticeable buzz?

Well see how 30-50mg grabs you, just to get a feel of what it can do. I find redosing works just fine, so you can always build from there. Which you'll no doubt wish to do. I find that topping up with smaller doses makes it a much kinder experience.

I've not plugged it so far, so maybe sticking to the 30mg end of the scale would be for the best. Like you'll take notice of that...

Quick alert- I have a suspicion that F&B said recently that rectal bioavailability is MUCH higher... think it was in the new RCs thread but have a look at his recent posts as it wasn't that long ago.

Oh yes, I do know you, SHM. Which is why I lowballed the maximum moderate dose recommendation by about 25mg, in the full knowledge that you'd probably go for more than 50mg in the event.

I may be an idiot, but I'm not a fool. ;)

As I said earlier, I've never plugged it but I'd expect Jancrow's right (and in turn F&B of course). I'd also keep a benzo or two to hand, because it tends to cause quite a bit of chest muscle tension for me, which feels like an anxiety symptom (even though it isn't as such) but left uunchecked it kind of fulfils its own prophecy in the way these things tend to do.

Have fun, and recoil at the knowledge that we have something in common today, at least in terms of the contents of our respective bloodstreams.

Last edited:
Here we go:

'For methylphenidate 10mg orally is equivalent to 2mg rectally or if using sharp pointy things; I'd think the same would hold true for ethylphenidate although the figures might be slightly different.'

Well worth knowing, or at least considering. Hope you're not reading this with a twitching starfish full of a week's worth of shitalin.

Christ why would anyone NOT stick it up their arse if its 5x as efficient? Are you all stockbrokers or something?

So 50mg would equal 10mg rectal you reckon? Hmmm.

It seems to be at least partly speculation on his part but we all know that his speculation is worth a darn sight more than most posters' months of intensive research.

Dosage vs methylphenidate seems to be a bit muddy. I've heard that ethyl is between 50% and 75% less potent than methyl. My own experience of both is really unscientific but for what it's worth '20mg' of ethyl eyeballed seemed markedly less potent than 10mg of methylphenidate (which was Novartis branded straight outta Karachi). So I couldn't completely guarantee that either was an accurate dose.

going by how much this fux my nose up i wouldn't want the same happening to my butt.

I woulda plugged all my 25g of the stuff if it weren't for fear of dissolving my innards :!

I think I need to try plugging this at least once before I write it off. I found 2x 40mg up the hooter to be angsty and chesty but definitely invigorating! There's no two ways about it though, it's a corrosive motherfucker so maybe a small plug will be just the job and tip the balance back in favour of having fun with it and not just rip me a new arsehole for my worried heart to collapse out of?

Whats the consensus on the dose for a euphoric smack on the arse please?

I've had a g of this to play with for ages but havent given it a go yet. I intend to give it a whirl in thee morning

I don't normally plug due to lack of success in thee past surprising, given I'm prone to anally retentive & neurotic behaviours.

hopefully I will be able to report back with an oral/anal comparison by thee evening

<3

Also had a gramme or so of this knocking about for some time now after a coupla borderline unpleasant oral doses (not as carefully measured as they should have been perhaps) provided for a short and reasonably whizzy time follewed by a significantly longer time feeling an imminent heart attack never quite fully realised. Was dosing pretty low too by the sound of it but was also on a fairly drastic tramadol taper so probably the worst possible time to play with such things. HR at its finest no doubt.

I can definitely report back on its vapability... it's very vapable cos it gives off vast clouds of thick, sicky sweet, lung-cheesegraterising smoke from even tiddly amounts. Then you go all whizzy. Then you wish you hadn't done what you just did for a bit.

Ho-hum. Hate to have drugs around and not (ab)use 'em so will wait for SHM and/or others to report back before it becomes the second ever drug in my possession that doesn't get used after the first attempt. (The other one is naltrexone in case y'all're wondering.)

SHM - thought we had spoken about this, stop messing with the drugs in dresses n just sort some crystal meth. Gah.

I woulda plugged all my 25g of the stuff if it weren't for fear of dissolving my innards :!

Indeed whether this is inherently an acidic/harsh chemical or whether minor hideous impurities exist it most definitely seems to cause serious irritation/(damage?) to nasal passage ways.

Messing with you bowel is scary stuff when you realise the potential implications if you mess it up (ranging from IBS to chrohns to all manor of disease which are most certainly NOT worth any high gained from ethylphenidate, they can be quite debilitating).

It might be less serious if the dose was small, I.e 1mg but when your using up to 100mg+ orally (or eq rectal) potential impurities can build up let alone inherent damage from ethylphenidate HCL. It's also a potent DRI linked to redosing which is also really the major problem.

I would certainly think twice about plugging it and particularly if it was with any kind of frequency/regularity.

It's a shame, I think this is a major disadvantage to Ethylphenidate - it's bioavailability orally is poor, nasally its HARSH, plugging is probably dangerous/risky and ultimately it's potency is not that strong. It's euphoric effects seems very short lived especially compared to it's side effect length of action which seems to go on a bit.

Last edited:
Anyone got a way to fix my nose after sniffing 250mg? Really sore/abit bloody.

You might benefit from a rinseout with warm salty water. If I'm putting anything up my nose these days I try to swill it out atfer a couple of hours using one of those eye dropper bottles you get from chemists. I don't think it could hurt in this situation and the thought of any kind of residue munching away at your nasopharynx isn't very pleasant.

^ definitely this, nasal douche (tehee) is a good way to minimise irritation and clogging up of your sinuses etc.. snorting a pinch of water can help. There is a cream called Naseptin that Ear, Nose and Throat docs give to people with nosebleeds to keep the lining nice and moist and healthy but dunno if that's available outside an ENT outpatients dept..