• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I'm out of veins. I need to shoot up. Help

tracy007

Greenlighter
So i'm out of veins and my hands are what i've been using. They are now swollen. My veins in my legs worked the last couple of days but are not working now. Any suggestions on veins? I tried the top of my foot because i have a crap load of veins but i must of missed. I injected coke which didn't hurt going in so i thought i was in. Now i just have a big bump and it itches like hell. Where else can i shoot up? Can't find any in my arms as i have scar tissue in the basic areas

Since this is an IV related question - this is better suited for Other Drugs, I'll move it over there for you.

Basic Drug Discussion --> Other Drugs.

You really ought to consider switching ROA. I know that's probably not want you want to hear, being an IV drug user myself, I understand that once you turn to the needle, it's almost inconceivable to go back. But if your out of all your veins in your arms and hands, you should consider plugging instead. It's the only other ROA that has almost as fast of an onset as IV, and usually a good BA.

You especially dont want to be messing around with hard to hit veins when shooting coke. It's hard to tell when you miss a shot of cocaine, as it numbs the injection site almost immediately, even before you deliver the shot. I don't want to condone smoking freebase, but if you want a similar rush, you might consider doing that instead. Missed shots of coke can be really nasty, especially with the horrible cutting agents they're using today.

Also, a missed shit in the foot or legs is more dangerous, as the circulation is slower down there, so you're more prone to infection and abscess. Check out a diagram of the veinous system in the arms. I imagine you still have one or two left that are usable, if you are definately going to shoot.

Have your checked out the IV megathread?

I would have to agree with Zneg though. As much as it isn't what you might want to hear, this might be a sign.

And to throw my 0.02 in there about a different ROA, although it doesn't provide nearly of an intense high (at least until you've really got your procedure down), if it's possible smoking you DOC (if possible) can provide a high that hits you even faster than IV (albeit, not as intense, just extraordinarily quick onset - then again, to my know ledge this only goes for heroin, again provided you have a smoke-able form).

See: Heroin Helper

If all else fails, plug your product...I'm pretty sure the relief would be more than satisfying, at least for the time being.

Your veins aren't going to re-materialise for a very long time, though. You really need to start thinking of other options out of this situation.

i Understand that you dont want to give up the needle, obviously. Haha
But I have been having this same issue lately, I was completely unable to hit my feet, but recently after just trying and trying and trying some more I am now able to hit y feet with no issues, try the ankles also those work best for me, Also before I shoot I heat up a damp washcloth in the microwave for 30 seconds, and put it on my feet, I do that about 3 times before I shoot, and then I tie off just below my knee.

But I never really know when I am in sometimes I see a flash of blood, but most of the time I just have to push a little in and if it hurts then I know I am not in, bu if it doesnt hurt then I just keep going.

Also recently I have became so frustrated that I have just muscled it into my ass cheeks. Haha but thats after not being able to hit for like an hour.

Also it is allot easier to hit your feet with a small length needle compared to the longs tips.

I hope this healped

actually yes you have helped a lot :) thank you. I am going to try heating a washcloth like you said and tying off. I usually end up muscling it as well but it is sooooo much better hitting a good vein. But when I miss and waste it I get really pissed.

Yeah, you do NOT want to skin pop, or IM cocaine. If you don't plug, smoke it-you can still get that bellringer..

Give up the IV use for a bit, snort, smoke, or get some pills for a period of a few weeks. Your veins will be in much better shape and you should be able to hit them again soon. Are you reusing needles by any chance? This will really tear up your veins. From what I understand needles are coated w/ something that helps the penetration the first time and after that it really can start to do some damage. I used to know two people who would reuse their syringes for about a week. This is so bad for you, I can not even begin to tell you. Scarring the veins, track marks, ect ect.

From now on you gotta promise, one needle; one shot. It may save your life and your limb let alone your veins so you can keep getting off.

Dissolve it in water, draw it into a syringe. Break the needle off the syringe and plug it.

^ This (filter the solution as well). You can also purchase oral syringes to use for plugging, but if you already have regular syringes in your possession then you can just rip the pin off and insert into your bum.

I am not saying you need to quit or whatever but if you are losing all of your veins it would be a good time to take a break. Let everything heal like 2 weeks.

If you are rotating injection sites and using a new syringe every time you should be able to sustain an IV habit.. but it sounds like you are doing some damage. Coke is particularly easy to fuck shit up with because it will numb the area as opposed to dope.. you can easily tell if you are missing.

You mention hands, feet, but what about crook of the arm? That is literally the best spot on the body where you have 2 big fat veins guaranteed to be fatter than the other ones your injecting into. Also cephalic a few inches below the base of the thumb.

If you are using your syringes even twice you are doing damage to your viens. The pin when very sharp will puncture the vein, when dull it tears it/pushes it aside sometimes which can cause trouble registering. Especially if it takes you like 5 times to find a vein, and you are using the same pin every time.

Every insertion has to be a new pin.. That means if you fail to register, backload into a new pin, then try again. Needles are 100 for 15 bucks and well worth it, or just get them free at an exchange. What I do is right after I inject I damage the tip or break the tip off and put it inside the barrel so I can't reuse the pin.. other wise I will end up doing it some time or another when i get lazy.

Feet are a bad place to shoot because if you miss theres no fat.. it will hurt more, also risk of some clotting issue when you inject below the belt I've read.

not trying to be a dick but this should tell you something. You have runined most every vein in your body finding a spot to get a temporary high. A temporary high. Man think about all the positive things you could do if you get cleaned up and throw that shit in the trash. Possibilities are endless and you could be a member of society who actually does positive things. Think about it man.

@@maxim you are right...but we are not here to judge. You don't know his/her whole situation.

Also, you are going to come into contact with a lot of addicts on this board.. just so you know.

@@maxim you are right...but we are not here to judge. You don't know his/her whole situation.

Also, you are going to come into contact with a lot of addicts on this board.. just so you know.

This is a HR forum and we are here to help those junkies be safe and even to cut back their usage.

Options in order of safest to least:
-quit
-break as mentioned
-new roa
-using best harm reduction techniques mentioned (don't even think of places like your neck or crotch. You rush to new places your going to inject into arterial blood. Consider not injecting cocaine, it's a powerful vascoconstrictor and a strong topical anesthetic due to the former properties, so has extremely negative vein damaging IV properties. Inhaling freebase hits faster since it gets dumped directly into that arterial blood. I'd say neither personally, both as addictive, but smoking is safer without the bacterial/damaging properties.
-continue what your doing

Last edited:
@tripman I totally agree with you and understand bluelight's purpose.

I just think he could have commented just like he did about the damage he/she has done to their body trying to find a spot to shoot but left out the whole part about "Man think about all the positive things you could do if you get cleaned up and throw that shit in the trash. Possibilities are endless and you could be a member of society who actually does positive things. Think about it man."

Honestly I am probably wrong and just being defensive because I was thinking how I would react in my head if someone said that to me..because while I am not in the same situation with depleated veins, I am addicted to drugs mainly H cut also C and totally realize how I am wasting away. I know my potential, and how beneficial it would be to get clean, and I actually want that. But I, like a lot of "junkies (i dont like that phrase)", have been struggling to get/stay clean. SOme would say please save the lecture but I know they obviously have good intentions.

If anything for the sake of harm reduction I think it's better just to focus on the question at hand because some people might avoid posting/asking a particular question fearing people are just going to lecture him.

IME without the wake up call from my family after my last OD induced coma/psych ward/rehab I'd probably still be there with the needle.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.