• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel question

Euronymous

Bluelighter
i've taken seraquil before and it was nice. i was curious whether it was a good idea to snort a pill? or is it better to just ingest it? thanks

dont snort it. dont even try to get high by eating it. it can cause severe side effects. if you must use it do so in the 25-50mg range for sleep. not recreational and potentially dangerous in high doses.

Why in the name of god would you want to snort seroquel? It's not a recreational drug it's a atypical anti-psychotic used for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It's also quite good as a sleep aid.

I take seroquel for bipolar and i cant see how anybody could find this drug fun. It just keep's me from climbing the wall's and flipping out. It work's quite good for that purpose.

If you happen to like seroquel take it orally. I have no idea if it work's when you snort it but it kick's in fairly fast when you take it orally anyway. It reaches peak plasma level's in about 1.5 hour's.

Dont go taking high doses of the stuff if your not used to it because it will be pretty goddamn unpleasant and possibly dangerous. 25mg's will probley make you pretty drowsy if your not used to the stuff and have no problem's like schizophrenia and bipolar.

You definitely don't want to snort Seroquel.. and at the same time.. it's not anything you would want to try and use recreationally. It will just sedate you and make you extremely tired most likely.. unless you have some sort of bipolar disorder.. because it is an anti-psychotic.. but it is also sometimes prescribed for sleep. I am actually prescribed it for sleep.. At one point a long time ago, I was on about 800 mg (very high dose).. and I was like a zombie after I took it. Now I am only on 50mg.. and it works pretty good for me (for sleep).. but it's nothing for recreational use, unless you just like the sedating effects (I guess?). Either way don't snort it.. if you must take it all, just ingest it.

What a worthless drug for recreational use...

I took around 50mg for no real reason and it knocked me out about an hour later...got 10 hours of sleep...woke up and had a nasty hangover for several more hours.

I don't know man.. I guess it probably depends on the person.. Like I said, I am on 50 mg for sleep at night.. unless I stay with my girl or something.. I would sleep fine if she was here..lol.. but anyways, I don't remember many of my dreams.. wish I did..lol

My personal experience has led me to absolutely CRINGE at the post above me. I was prescribed for Bi-polar disorder, and for sleeping. For a while it worked good to knock you out... for a very long time. Then once in a while I'd experience horrriiiidddd Restless Leg Syndrome. The last time I ever took it- the RLS was SO bad I actually had to go to the hospital. Where.. there couldn't do anything about it for me, in some cases this can be permanent-

Last edited:
First off, although irrelevant, its spelled 'Seroquel' not Seraquil.

Second, Seroquel has no recreational value to begin with so don't snort it

Quetiapine is an atypical antipsychotic prescribed for bipolar and schizophrenia (and some other off-label disorders). It knocks the shit out of you but it doesn't get you high or give a buzz like a benzodiazepine hypnotic (Triazolam, Temazepam). I have bipolar but never was prescribed it for my disorder. I was though prescribed it temporarily more than a few times for sleep until I found out that it can cause permanent muscle problems.

dont snort it. dont even try to get high by eating it. it can cause severe side effects. if you must use it do so in the 25-50mg range for sleep. not recreational and potentially dangerous in high doses.

Listen to this guy. Once when I was young (I'm not really much older now) and stupid (that hasn't changed much either) I snorted about 25mg of Seroquel. Worst idea ever. It hurt, it had a very heavy body load, and just made my attempt at getting some sleep after a night of cocaine indulgence much harder. Feels bad man.

I don't understand anyone who snorts serquel... shit just makes me sleep (which is why I have a prescrip) and if I REALLY try to stay away, I just feel weird and dizzy, not a good high (if you can even call it that).

Never tried snorting it, snorting anti-psychotics just sounds like a bad idea.

I snorted half a 25mg pill in rehab so I could fall asleep instantly once.

Did the job well, thats about all I can say about that.

Okay this shit can get real scary if u over do it, last thursday i ate 1200mg of seroquil yea i know bad idea right, i had fogotton i had taken 600mg and ate another 600mg this can cause fatal ass shit to happen and when ur reading about the symptoms of fatal shit with seroquil while they are happening its scary as hell.
Drowsiness
Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
Low blood pressure (hypotension)
Low blood potassium (hypokalemia)
Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
Coma
Loss of life.

I find it useful for crashing off stimulants. Just knocks you out, and lets you sleep.

if taken long term, high dosage, antipsychotics can have very nasty side effects.

but lets not over state them either...prochlorperazine is OTC in the UK for migraine/neasua due to migraine, in a low dosage, for 2 days miximum use. Its a nasty, old school phenothiazine, much much nastier then seroquel.

Just dont try to get high from it, use it for sleep/come down/trip aborting.

1200 mg??? That's crazy. Goddamn. The most I've ever taken was 350 mg and that's after years of taking seroquel daily for sleep.

And yeah, seroquel is great for crashing, also great for taking 4/5 hour naps if you're a daily user. =D

I actually have snorted it before a few years back, all that happens is you get drowsy and relaxed, and also your body feels good, of course that is in a low dosage, in high you usually pass out but you can also become restless and in a drunken state pretty much, but in low doses(between 10mg and 100mg) it can make you feel pretty good,

I take Seroquel as it was prescribed to me, and if you're looking to use it recreationally I wouldn't bother. But if you must, I wouldn't bother snorting it. The effects are quite strong and happen within minutes of just ingesting a pill. Don't go crazy, you have to work your way up to large doses when it is prescribed, go easy and try 12.5mg. Also, if you take it regularly, watch out how quickly you stand up because it might make you faint.

I find it useful for crashing off stimulants. Just knocks you out, and lets you sleep.

if taken long term, high dosage, antipsychotics can have very nasty side effects.

but lets not over state them either...prochlorperazine is OTC in the UK for migraine/neasua due to migraine, in a low dosage, for 2 days miximum use. Its a nasty, old school phenothiazine, much much nastier then seroquel.

Just dont try to get high from it, use it for sleep/come down/trip aborting.

Prochlorperazine isn't available OTC in UK.

Forget Seroquel!

There was a day I had lots to do.
She told me to take only half the Seroquel.
I laughed and took the whole thing.
I was comatose for hours and didnt remember my dreams.

(I had to)

^Whoever told you take Seroquel when you had lots to do, if they had EVER taken the drug before, is a complete idiot.

Seroquel is a SLEEP aid, it is extremely useful for that... it is the opposite of any stimulant.