Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Pod Tea - First time - Warmth

Moogle

Greenlighter
So yesterday I finally decided to make some PPT tea and see how it was. Well, i found out it was very nice, except for the foul taste of the tea which I expected.

First I emptied the seeds out of 4 decent size pods and weighed. It came out to about the dose I was looking for, around 16G if I recall.
Then I threw the pods in the blender and turned them into powder.
Next step was to empty the power into the bottom of a small french press device.
I brought 2 cups of water to a boil next, and took kettle off of heat. I waited a minute or two to let the temperature drop a bit, perhaps I should have waited another few minutes.
Then I poured the hot water into the french press.
Let steep about 20 minutes. The french press does a good and easy job of extracting all of the water/liquid out. I was concerned about getting nauseous so I didn't want to accidentally ingest any grinds.
I put a bunch of sugar in the tea, didn't have any lemon juice handy.
The tea was indeed really nasty/foul just like is said. However, I was able to drink the 2 cups worth without too much effort.
I started feeling it within 45 minutes or so. Very nice and strong opiate buzz. Lasted a very long time too.
Overall this was very fun and I expect to do it again. (Although, not any time too soon, I don't want to be using this too often ;) ) The only thing is the nasty nasty taste of the tea, but that is not too much of a hurdle.

are the effects as good as lortab? how does it stack up compared to OC or oral morphine?

drew345 said:
are the effects as good as lortab? how does it stack up compared to OC or oral morphine?

I insist on, poppy pod tea.

Compared to OC and morphine, IMO OC's feel very medicinal, and well pods are morphine, in its natural state, the high lasts for 10+ hours at the start. The high is different with pods to me, the warmth spreads so nice and even all through out your body, unlike any other op I have had, and Ive had a lot.

enough about that. /drools.

You build a good tolerance fast though, and the WD's get you quick as well.

Yeah pods are one of the best opaites, and that warming feeling all over the body is to dies for, but very addictive.

Also, please name yer threads correctly next time

yeah, I would definitely rank the PPT high up there with good stuff like OCs, etc .. In fact I was a bit surprised how potent it was.
Sorry mods about the thread naming , I didn't notice the last part. Peace.

I have to agree with Beenhead and Panic in Paradise, pods are a definite favorite of mine. I always felt that it gives a much more diverse high than pharms, some describe it as dirty, but I particularly like it. I noticed you did not want to eat the grounds, but I must insist, if you can find a way to get them down (and keep them down) I recommend it. In a short period of time-a couple of weeks-I had grown such a tolerance to them that I started to need 40+ pods just to reach that level I wanted to be at. But if you don't have to use that many, I recommend mixing the used up grinds with a cup of juice (something strong-poignant in order to disguise the taste) and quickly chugging that. This way you get the most of each pod and the high will last longer.

Also, Moogle, can you describe the high a little, how would you compare it to other opiates/opioids? How long did it last? Would you change anything about the recipe? Did you itch? Enlighten us with your wisdom as a first time user.

If your keen on eating the grounds, mix them (after you've made tea with them) with applesauce/cinnamon/sugar.

Makes it allot easier to choke down. This only works with 20 grams of ground and under before it gets to chalky to eat.

Also, a great method for taking kratom :D

well I have only taken stuff like hydrocodone and oxycodone before, in relatively low doses and infrequently, and never H. But the effect this from PPT was pretty full-on. Yes I was itching like crazy and basically nodding out. It was really nice. I dosed in the mid-late afternoon and I was still high when I woke up the next day. It definitely was stronger and pleasanter than I expected. I am looking forward to the next time, but once I run out of pods (i ordered 24, so I have about 20 left) I probably will take a hiatus for a while.

dont make tea first, just grind em and eat em, making tea first would be pointless

Not 100% pointless.

Soaked grounds are much easier to get down the gullet versus dry ground. Even with the applesauce method.

i agree with cloudyhazed, dont try and much down dry grounds.

i pour 1/2-1/3 of the grinds into mouth then take a swig of GFJ and repeat.

its worth it to me, a few seconds of yucky and odd, compared to the end results...

be careful though, i have been over whelmed and vomiting on several op's, but while on pod tea or pst has been the only times that i was really worried, and almost went to the er.

^^ yeah but cloudy is talking about the spent grounds after tea, that is not 100% pointless but not the same as raw grounds, theres no problem with using something to wash down the raw pod grounds though

panic in paradise said:

its worth it to me, a few seconds of yucky and odd, compared to the end results...

be careful though, i have been over whelmed and vomiting on several op's, but while on pod tea or pst has been the only times that i was really worried, and almost went to the er.

I wouldn't say my worst opiate experience was with the pods, but the one time I drank waaay too much tea was definitely pretty shitty. Up for HOURS vomiting, unable to pee (with nearly a gallon of tea in my bladder...not fun) for hours, unable to sleep, and difficulty breathing at a certain point.

(my worst experience was with fentanyl and methadone...got to where I was weezing/gasping for breath and had to lay down while taking slow, long shallow breaths to keep from going unconcious :\ learned my lesson)

Eating the grounds was absolutely horrible, for me it wasn't so much the taste but the texture of that dry powder that made me gag with every spoonfull.

That was my first time trying it, and just did it about 45 mins ago. Hopefully it's worth it. Next time I think I'll try the applesauce though, since the taste didn't bother me that much it might be a much better alternative.

panic in paradise said:
I insist on, poppy pod tea.

Compared to OC and morphine, IMO OC's feel very medicinal, and well pods are morphine, in its natural state, the high lasts for 10+ hours at the start. The high is different with pods to me, the warmth spreads so nice and even all through out your body, unlike any other op I have had, and Ive had a lot.

enough about that. /drools.

You build a good tolerance fast though, and the WD's get you quick as well.
^touche. well said mate.

eon_blue said:
I wouldn't say my worst opiate experience was with the pods, but the one time I drank waaay too much tea was definitely pretty shitty. Up for HOURS vomiting, unable to pee (with nearly a gallon of tea in my bladder...not fun) for hours, unable to sleep, and difficulty breathing at a certain point.

(my worst experience was with fentanyl and methadone...got to where I was weezing/gasping for breath and had to lay down while taking slow, long shallow breaths to keep from going unconcious :\ learned my lesson)

Obviously YOU being careless, and not dosing accordingly.....aka, there's nothing wrong with the pods/& their alkaloids

panic in paradise said:

Yeah, i DEFNIATELY agree. People just generally think that legal pods are either bunk or on the weak side, oh are simply lazy fucks in general, and for some reason CANT wait 15-45mins. LOL, sorry for you fucks. compared to the "outripish" OC's,etc....fuck that. Go "ALL-naturuahlllllll. Pods are pretty much (all around) the worst WD's opiates have given me..aside from a daily IV H habit....and even then, PODs....god they are strong and oh SO underrated, and thus (unfortunatelly), treated as so.,,,abd then idiots whine about the "side affects" (WD's), to the extent that dried legal pods start ending up in the FED/(fuck you) lime-light.
So to all you Bl'ers that use and paruse these forums that are "Pod-heads". .. blame "it" on something ELSE! Stop destoying our LEGAL realm of goodness interlocked with life. Seriously

Last edited: