Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

rolling by yourself

rolling by yourself is kind of like going to a club by yourself
it's a social drug.. not meant for introversion
some people like it... to me, i think it's dumb-

I usually roll by myself. I enjoy it a lot. I've never have rolled with plenty of people.

I just chill out listen to music and lay around. Let things come to my mind when they do.

For me it's always a good time.

Rolling by yourself can be HIGHLY enlightening, productive, therapuetic, etc.
Introspection is what it was intended to be used for, and while is GREAT for other things (ESPECIALLY bringing people together) it is also great for bringing yourself together.

I highly suggest rolling alone!
Just keep positive.

reason why i posted this was that my friends wanted to go shopping and i spend way too much when i have lowered inhibitions on e. anyway its been a good night still going i had a green grizzly...pillreport it. good roll. ive been keeping myself occupied with music and my turntables and as others mentioned, some introspection.

it can be very enlightening and very fun because you get to do anything and everything you want to without being limited by others. However, dont make a habit of it as it has a very strong dark side...

i've rolled by myself a few times. i find it quite introspective, which is nice. you just lay in your bed, listen to music, and think.

but yeah, don't make a habit of it, as royksopp said

Well that's what its main use was for therapeutically , so I think it's alright. ;)

I'd much rather be with friends, but that's me.

i hate rolling by myself but i end up doing it alot because none of my friends really do it anymore

I've never done it, but I guess I'd be willing to give it a try. I just sort of view rolling as something that should be done with others around, simply because I have a lot of fun being around friends when I'm rolling.

To those who have rolled alone, did you guys ever feel lonely or missing out on something when you were doing it?

I kind of have. When I was packing up capsules one time I managed to get enough powder on my fingers that I licked off to start rolling. I made my lady give me a massage until she went to sleep. Then I got out a multi-glowstick and just chilled out for an hour.

I had done E plenty of times before I ever rolled alone.
The first couple of times it was alright. The introspection was something that couldn't be topped, but then I'd get bored and have to call up a girl or something b/c I kindof felt like I was wasting...

Once I got into spinning, though, popping a few pills and playing on the turntables made for a fun night.

I'd still much rather roll at a house party/club/rave.

super8 said:
rolling by yourself is kind of like going to a club by yourself
it's a social drug.. not meant for introversion
some people like it... to me, i think it's dumb-

MDMA before it became illegal was used in therapeutic sessions between couples and a treatment for people suffering form post trauma stress. It evolved to a social drug. I definitely believe it can be be meant for introversion

It's not bad i most of the times do it alone, everyone has their own experience... it really depends what is more entertaing for you. Their is a thread about using and doing all kinds of stuff while rolling, it really helpful....

The key to rolling alone i've found is making sure you have enough music on you that you're not sick of yet, i hate getting paranoid lately like i have done cause of getting bored with my music, its made me want to do it socially instead now.

i wouldnt do it alone.
25 australian dollars for a night alone is a waste i reckon. id rather just get drunk or smoke some weed.
its probably a mad thing to do like some people have stated, but i just think its one of those things you should try not to do.

went to liverpool (first time) and rolled solo. Great night, great people

royksopp -whats the very strong dark side?

oh ... i think it's a waste to do so. Out of many times that i've rolled I only rolled alone once . Even though that was only for an hour since my friends came around ,I felt so lonely, just wanted to be around people.

Gotta note that that was pure MDMA .

alex1236 said:
royksopp -whats the very strong dark side?

The severe Depression. Too much of everything is bad; hence MDMA or any other drug should be taken considerably.

MDMA by yourself can definitely be a good experience. The key is simply to understand that it's a very DIFFERENT experience than at a party or with friends; the experience (to be productive) must turn inward rather than outward. If you're just looking to be entertained/have fun you'll probably be disappointed. On the other hand, I think taking MDMA by yourself can be quite rewarding as a tool for self-exploration.