• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DALT Thread

Sad that's the only report on Erowid about the substance... It's pretty thin and not the most helpful thing in the world. Then again when one has tried enough psychedelics to be springing for an oddball like 4-AcO-DALT, it might be hard to pick out what is truly unique about the oddball.

4-Substituted tryptamines tend to perform well. This one is so under-studied, though, that it's tough to tell what to expect. The molecular structure of DALT looks similar to DPT...

This bit renders that report pretty useless IMO:

"tapped out about 35 mg"

translates as: "I have no fucking clue how much of this stuff I took."

I've smoked it and taken it orally. Orally didn't do much for me. Smoked is quite brief, but enjoyable, although not at all intense. It just feels like a mild body orgasm type feeling with fish bowl like visuals. This stuff is nothing mind blowing. Still, it was fun for a Saturday afternoon...

^did you convert it to freebase or smoke the Hcl salt

Is it an empathogenic like the other -DALT's?

psy-marshal said:
I've smoked it and taken it orally. Orally didn't do much for me. Smoked is quite brief, but enjoyable, although not at all intense. It just feels like a mild body orgasm type feeling with fish bowl like visuals. This stuff is nothing mind blowing. Still, it was fun for a Saturday afternoon...

I wouold have thought that any 4-hydroxytryptamine wouldn't work by smoking/vapourization due to the inherent instability of 4-hydroxyindles (they all are 'store at -4'C' when you look at them in chem catalogues

^How do they live in mushies?

edit: its not hydroxylated is it? Its the phospurus thats in mushrooms yes?

4-Phosphoryloxy derivatives are more stable (the blue colour from brusing psilocybin containing fungi is due to breakdown of the psilocin present, not the psilocybin)

swilow said:
^How do they live in mushies?

edit: its not hydroxylated is it? Its the phospurus thats in mushrooms yes?

I'm not sure I understand your question wilow, but psilocybe mushrooms contain both 4-ho-dmt and 4-phosphoryloxy-dmt, if that's what you are asking.

psy-marshal said:
Are you sure you're not thinking about 5-meo-DALT? Your description sounds on par with my oral experiences of 5-meo-DALT. Speaking of, you've just provided the impetus for me to try smoking the rest I have. I've heard the visuals from that smoked are very fish-bowl like. Nanobrain has some comical descriptions of the trip that anybody interested should search for and read, he's great at cryptically describing tryptamines =D

peace,
samadhi

Actually 4-AcO-DET is highly active when smoked. 15mg or so was plenty for a +3 of a brief duration. No instant peak, took about 10 minutes to fully hit. Nice, but nothing too deep....much prefer it orally.

fastandbulbous said:
I wouold have thought that any 4-hydroxytryptamine wouldn't work by smoking/vapourization due to the inherent instability of 4-hydroxyindles (they all are 'store at -4'C' when you look at them in chem catalogues

Yes I know somebody planning to do some vaporization trials with some 4-ho-dmt sometime in the future. And possibly IV although he hasn't decided that.

4-aco-dipt iritates the lungs pretty bad smoked, be careful with psilocin.

hmm, I didn't think about that. Probably safer IVing it in order to experience a psilocin 'flash'?

^that depends on if its just my asthmatic lungs that iritated by it