• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Intravenous Nicotine

jasoncrest

Bluelighter
I'm a Opiate IV user (I used mainly Bupe IV these past years, was on Methadone recently, but came back to Bupe IV...)

With my tolerance, shooting Bupe doesn't produce any strong noticeable effect, it just gives me some kind of satisfaction.

I'm not a smoker, but recently tried to smoke a cig, I only smoked 1/3 of it: it gave me EXACTLY the same effects than a Bupe shot.
The same feeling of satisfaction...

Can anyone give me infos on intravenous use of Nicotine?
Does it produce the same effects than smoked Nicotine?
Is it normal that 1/3 of a cigarette gave me the same effect than 8mg Bupe IV (with a huge tolerance of course)?

I would be glad to read as much information on the subject as possible...

I only found that:
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/content/full/288/1/188
From what it says, the effects of Nicotine IV are not far from Coke IV...

P.S.: I know "can I shoot Nicotine" is a stupid question, I didn't say I wanted to do that, I just want to read a lot of infos on it...

You see if Nicotine gives me exactly the same feeling of satisfaction that Bupe does, I could try to stop taking Bupe and replace by Nicotine...
But it damages the lungs, and it would be safer and less unpleasant to shoot it...

If it's about reducing the damage to the lungs, then why don't you try chewing those nicotine chewing-gums? Do you have that kind of stuff in your country?

i just got moral interest on this one as I dont think it would be the best idea for what you are trying to do, its like addiction to addiction to addiction 8(

as a smoker and an IV user i was wondering this the other day.

would probably be a lot cheaper!

nah, its the same thing, u just alter the kinetics. i read that all addictive drugs function to increase 'mesocorticolimbic' DA levels in the 'cerebel spinal fluid'. Try putting some freshly scraped opium on the tip of an unlit cigarette. It's a synergistic effect but it penetrates the CNS satiety centres alot more than raw tobacco can. Hence why opium is banned whereas tobacco is not. Opium wasnt banned because it is detrimental to health, it is because all people wanted to do was smoke opium to the exclusion of all other activities. The article you have says that cocaine is preferred to nicotine in terms of the subjective effects it imparts on the user. I still think that freebase on the end of an unlit cigarette would be synergistic with the tobacco. Although they are both addictive substances for the same reason, nicotine is only about 20% as strong as coke as a positive reinforcer.

So, it would give me another addiction (and a strong one), but taking Nicotine + an Opiate intravenously would give a stronger high, a stronger pleasure, because more Dopamine would be released, or something like that?

I'm not really looking for an high, but for the pleasure you get from the relief of a wihdrawal: when you're addicted to Nicotine, taking some Nicotine brings you this pleasure, and that's what I want...

Would the Synergy from an Opiate + Nicotine taken IV at the same time be worth it?

Nicotine in gum is quite poor even though it has the same effects on the brain. When u smoke a cigarette its like pushing a button, u get instant reinforcement. This isnt so important when u have have a robust reinforcer such as methamphetamine, but nicotine effects DA indirectly so pharmacodynamics are more influential. Ive spoken to H addicts who comment that after chasing the dragon they feel that by smoking a cigarette this has an additive effect that reinforces the subjective "high" experienced by the user. However, I still am not 100% sure that injected nicotine would be worthwhile. The ritual of smoking a cigarette has a strong psychosomatic stigma attached to it in addition to the biochemical action. This theory is supported by the fact that gambling and decisions involving money raise DA even though the effect is caused by a psychological impulse and not a drug.

Smyth said:
The ritual of smoking a cigarette has a strong psychosomatic stigma attached to it in addition to the biochemical action. This theory is supported by the fact that gambling and decisions involving money raise DA even though the effect is caused by a psychological impulse and not a drug.

The ritual of preparing a shot has also a "strong psychosomatic stigma"...
The pleasure caused by the act of buying, lighting cigs would be the for a person who gets pleasure when preparing a nicotine shot..

I would imagine that the threshold between a "recreational" dose of IV nicotine and a dangerous/lethal dose will be quite small. If you do get it right, your tolerance will complicate maters more.

This seems a **very**** very*** dangerous thing to do, for little more reward than the idea that you are shooting up. Do you have access to pharm grade pure nicotene? If you don't you and plan to make your own somehow... good fucking luck.

Honestly I would suggest buying some smokes or chew. Nicotine overdose is not pleasant.

Use some dip, it doesn't have the sudden rush that smoking does but it causes more powerful effects.

Nicotine is very poisoness, I would not to this, even if I had pure nicotine.

I mean for fucks sake, if you're IVing drugs, I'm pretty sure 1/3 of a cigarette a couple times a day is hardly going to be high on your list of endangering activities.

LIKE BilZOr said nicotine is very poisoness,,, like i mean very very very bad... Dont fuken shoot it man,,, god knows what it will do...

Someone once told me they had some *Ahem* experience with alternate uses of nicotine, skin application of 10s of mg, etc. Apparently as others have noted above me, nicotine is not only a horrible drug as far as theraputic index (At least it seems to be the case, perhaps the numbers prove me wrong), but it would seem that using it any more directly would be putting you at considerable risk for god knows what kind of ill effects.

I tried smoking a cigarette again, it's amazing how it feels just like a Subutex shot for someone with a huge tolerance....
I would definitaly try shooting it if there weren't so many bad thing told by bluelighters about shooting it...

(see, the harm reduction aim of this site works...)

You can still inhale the smoke of a low quality=high nicotine cigar :eek:

Isn't it you wanted to inject nicotine to get greater effects? I don't believe you cared so much about your lungs as 1/3 of a cigarette a few times a day shouldn't cause any severe damage. Also, I think cigarette smoke is very pleasant when compared to smoked mint, melissa or salvia. Some smoke just for the taste, leave the smoke in their mouths and don't inhale.

I think the bottom line is IV nicotine is very poisonous, maybe even lethal.

I don't know why everyone is rippin' on nicotine. Every drug is lethal is high doses. Smoking cause’s cancer, why you guys would suggest he do this is beyond me.

Where would you even get pure nicotine? If you have a source try it in very small amounts and you should be fine. I think it would be a good LEGAL alterative to opiates.

Very good alternative, yeah, wearing off much faster than an average opiate.

Smyth said:
I think the bottom line is IV nicotine is very poisonous, maybe even lethal.

Injecting small doses of it isn't dangerous (MICROgrams) (see the link in my first post above, they injected Nicotine to Cocaine abusers to see how it did feel... I don't think they would do such experiments if Nicotine was dangerous when IVed)

bob123 said:
Where would you even get pure nicotine? If you have a source try it in very small amounts and you should be fine. I think it would be a good LEGAL alterative to opiates.

I have access to Nicotine pills, with the same binders that are in all the pills I shoot daily... So it would be dangerous, but not more than any other pill I shoot...

I also think that Nicotine would be a good alternative to Opiates, I would go even further, wouldn't Nicotine suppress the cravings for Opiates?
(I know this would be replacing Opiate craving by Nicotine craving, but Nicotine is so much easier to access...)