• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone and lyrica mix

THunder MuFF

Greenlighter
I've searched and haven't been able to find anything on this. I am taking a break for a couple weeks from taking opiates until my next pain management appointment on the 20th. Since I do suffer from chronic pain I was wondering If I could mix lyrica with suboxone to help cope with the pain while I am taking a break from opiates. I'm almost out of my kpins and can't refill them till the 14th so the only other thing I really have to help me out is flexeril but I can't really tell a difference taking them. I hate the drunk feeling that comes with taking lyrica but atleast I know that it will numb my pain.

I don't really believe in "" fibromayalgia" But when I get stressed my nervs ache. . So I'v taken both.. and yes they mix rather well IMO

btw lyrica is hella expensive. even for your insurance. if you dont have insurance, look around for a free trial coupon or ask doc for one

I have mixed the two and felt amazing... I did it for recreational value, not for pain, but I definitely think it will help your situation

Taking suboxone isn't taking a break from opiates, it contains two opioids just to be clear. But yeah check the lyrica thread I remember seeing a lot of people swear by bupe and pregabalin mixed. Personally bupe doesn't do much for me even when taken two weeks after tapering off. Just gave a half assed 'high'. When I come off them again I'll give it another shot. I would love to be able to get high off it, I have an infinite supply and at the IV doses people use recreationally it would last half my lifetime if I never got another bottle. Also I have taken plenty of lyrica on bupe and it was fun but I don't see the hype, I mainly just makes me pass out for 20 hours and fuck up my schedule after maybe 6 hours of being high on it.

Taking suboxone isn't taking a break from opiates, it contains two opioids just to be clear. But yeah check the lyrica thread I remember seeing a lot of people swear by bupe and pregabalin mixed. Personally bupe doesn't do much for me even when taken two weeks after tapering off. Just gave a half assed 'high'. When I come off them again I'll give it another shot. I would love to be able to get high off it, I have an infinite supply and at the IV doses people use recreationally it would last half my lifetime if I never got another bottle. Also I have taken plenty of lyrica on bupe and it was fun but I don't see the hype, I mainly just makes me pass out for 20 hours and fuck up my schedule after maybe 6 hours of being high on it.

Actually suboxone only contains one opiod....buprenorphine. well i guess technically the nalaxone is derived from thebaine but its a complete opiod antagonist so in most peoples eyes it really isnt considered an opiod because it produces no typical "opiod effects". but if you want to get techinical it is an actual opiod....i just wanted to clarify that for all the people who might think.."opiod!=goooood!"
Its kinda like how snake venom is used to create the anti-venom as well. One causes an extremely harsh reaction to your body, while the other has exactly the opposite effects.

Actually suboxone only contains one opiod....buprenorphine. well i guess technically the nalaxone is derived from thebaine but its a complete opiod antagonist so in most peoples eyes it really isnt considered an opiod because it produces no typical "opiod effects". but if you want to get techinical it is an actual opiod....i just wanted to clarify that for all the people who might think.."opiod!=goooood!"
Its kinda like how snake venom is used to create the anti-venom as well. One causes an extremely harsh reaction to your body, while the other has exactly the opposite effects.

Well this is bluelight, so technical definition is important. It's an opioid but I see your point.

Also I hate this opiate/opioid confusion....

I don't really believe in "" fibromayalgia" But when I get stressed my nervs ache. . So I'v taken both.. and yes they mix rather well IMO

Shit man! I've been taken for a ride! Here I was thinking that I should listen to what medical associations told me about MEDICAL ISSUES but I should've been listening to YOU!

Thanks for clearing this up. I mean it makes sense, clearly you're more well-versed on the issue than the American Rheumatology Association, right?;)

Taking suboxone isn't taking a break from opiates, it contains two opioids just to be clear. But yeah check the lyrica thread I remember seeing a lot of people swear by bupe and pregabalin mixed.

Man, you know what he was saying. He is taking a break from traditional FULL-AGONIST NARCOTIC ANALGESIC OPIOIDS, happy?

Well this is bluelight, so technical definition is important. It's an opioid but I see your point.

Also I hate this opiate/opioid confusion....

In most cases technical definition is important but when 96% of the OD community uses either term to refer drugs that agonize opioid receptors and 100% of the community knows what people mean when they use either, why do we need to call people out and criticize for not TECHNICALLY using the term that means something slightly different?

___________criticisms commenced___________

As others have said, they are perfectly acceptable to combine but have you been taking the lyrica already? It takes 1-2 weeks to establish stable plasma levels and begin to receive the therapeutic benefits unlike buprenorphine which can provide immediate analgesia.

While lyrica has demonstrated efficacy acutely as an anxiolytic, as I said, it requires stable dosing (usually TID or BID) for at least a week, if not longer, before you receive therapeutic analgesic effects.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with the Fibromyalgia is that more than a few doctors use it as a dumping ground. I have Fibromyalgia listed as one of my problems yet I don't exhibit the necessary symptoms.

The most common method to diagnose is to have pain in 11 of 18 different pressure points. I have pain in four of them. I should be listed under Radiculopathy pain at C5-7 that travels to the upper left extremities. How about Myofascial Pain Syndrome since the pain is only on one side?

Then there is my lower back that clearly (MRI) has two herinated and torn disks. That pain is a lot of fun. Sometimes I can't feel or use my left leg. But once again, it just all gets lumped into Fibromyalgia.

I think my doctor is just plain lazy.

^you're absolutely right that its a 'dumping ground' and its over diagnosed by doctors without training to do so (gp's and other non-rheumatologists) at alarming rates similar to ADHD... I just don't like when people act like a condition that causes millions to suffer is fake or something.

I'm also really sorry to hear that you have to deal with chronic pain, I personally can relate to how big of a bitch that is, brother.

^you're absolutely right that its a 'dumping ground' and its over diagnosed by doctors without training to do so (gp's and other non-rheumatologists) at alarming rates similar to ADHD... I just don't like when people act like a condition that causes millions to suffer is fake or something.

I'm also really sorry to hear that you have to deal with chronic pain, I personally can relate to how big of a bitch that is, brother.

I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Personally, I can see that yes, it may be a "dumping ground" for some doctors, but for a person like me - I fit the criteria and have almost every symptom related to FMS. I think it's definitely a real condition, but I also think the fact that it's got many different aspects to it makes some people think it's this strange nebulous condition. FMS interferes with almost every aspect of my daily life. It truly does suck. :(

^thanks for sharing that.

I've had several discussion/debates with people on and off BL who don't believe its real and it drives me crazy. I don't personally have FMS, I have RSD that presents with mononeuritis multiplex but to me its all chronic pain and the way some people discount FMS is like saying that those experience this misery are faking... or crazy... or whatever and that bothers me.

Fibromyalgia is a controversial medical condition which is basically chronic pain of the nerves which is "unexplainable" ..... The reason I have pain in my nerves is because i've done too many different types of drugs and I have a bad curve in my spine. . . I am planning on using IM B-12 shots and a "yoga like" physical therapy program ....

But most of the younger people i've met who claim they have Fibromyalgia are just convinced they are justified in being RX'd strong pain killers for a "vague" condition ...

I have FMS w/ Trigeminal Neuralgia ("The Suicide Disease"). It is real, and it is awful, and it really inhibits your life. Any of you doubting that it is real are terribly mistaken. It fucks every day of my life up.

this might be rather late in the game, here, but i'm presently on suboxone and lyrica. theoretically, i shouldn't be feeling what i *don't* at the moment, given the GABA/mu debate. but suboxone for my fucked brain renders lyrica totally useless. suboxone also renders benzos totally useless. i'm not sure if this is autism-spetrum-related in my case or predicated on a bad car-wreck a couple of years ago, but if i mix suboxone with either lyrica or a benzo, i feel nothing. i had about 3mg left over for today (doing a self-home-opiate-detox) that i took, and i've wound up gobbling 4 of the 225mg lyricas. nothing happens. zilch. nada. only that my motor dexterity is slightly off & i have "drunk mouth". i take an unreasonably high amount of lyrica, anyway. my script's for 225mg 2/day. without subs, i can take my normal daily dose and feel hopeful and functional with pregabalin. without subs, i can take a xanax to stop a panic attack and fall asleep. i generally have to eat a shit-load of pills before i give up or slightly feel something to stop the anxiety/nerve pain with stupid suboxone. today, i'm totally walled up in my bedbug-infested apartment, and it's the most beautiful day weather-wise so-far this year. fucking miserable, man.