• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Graves? disease

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
They did blood work and found that I have an thryroid disorder.

I knew something was up because I?ve lost thirty five pounds since April and my anxiety is out of control.

Does anyone here have this and found that it treated your symptoms?

Hi sonic my son has Graves disease about 6 years ago he ended up in er he lost 30 lbs his heart rate was high and bp high he was in thyroid crisis he tested positive for benzos he was trying to slow himself down. Anyway his thyroid levels were all very high t3 t4 etc. It took about 3 months to stabilize him then they did radio isotope to irradiate his thyroid, we figured the surgery was too risky, he did good and has been on synthroid, the medication daily ever since, but it was unnerving at the time, he just turned turned 31 and all is well, good luck, let me know if you have any ??

Sorry to hear this sonic.

At least you know what it is that needs to be fixed now!
Look at it that way. Let's get you feeling better!

I remember you thinking you were going through withdrawal from medications but the pharmacist told you no way would it be that long. You have lost thirty five pounds since April?
Oh! I am so sorry you went through and are still going through this!

What did the doctor say? My aunt had her thyroid removed and seems to be fine ??

Let us know how things go.
Prayers are with you!
❤️

<3
Thyroid is in substantial control of the adenohypophysis or anterior segment of the pituitary through the thyroid stimulating hormone. This comes from the pituitary and thus is under control of the hypothalamus. The thyroid is almost entirely effective upon metabolism which makes sense as far as your weight loss. Is your anxiety due to your condition only or has it spiked separately. Do you have any other symptoms.. Sensitivity to hot and cold? More significant mood perceptions indicative of depression etc. Symptoms of fatigue? Conditions of unexplained generalized pain, fibro myalgia or "nerve pain?" Do you have anything else your experiencing?

Share if you want. I only ask in an attempt to determine if the thyroid is the cause or a symptom of what you need to figure out.

Well they did another blood test and my levels where normal. I don?t know how things got fluked but I guess that?s a good thing.

Well they did another blood test and my levels where normal. I don?t know how things got fluked but I guess that?s a good thing.

That is good. Glad to hear from you!

Are you feeling better? Has the weight loss stopped?

I'm praying for you! Hope all is well.

❤️

Well in inpatient they did a blood test and said Everything is ok. But my pdoc said the doctor did a THS test and said it?s abnorn so I need to stay upon it.

I?m still skinny but I?m eating as much as possible.