• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut taper and wean

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I know this has been discussed so many times...

but what would be a good tapering schedule for a 1 month phenibut habit, consisting of no more than 3.5 grams per day and skipping days throughout. I only did a consecutive day, semi-binge this past week, and I'm on day 3 of abstinence and feeling the heat. I want to get off this medicine for good.

Since I'm already into withdrawals, do you think I could do:

Day 1: 1000mg
Day 2: 875mg
Day 3: 750mg
Day 4: 625mg
Day 5: 500mg
Day 6: 375mg
Day 7: 250mg
Day 8: 125mg

Too fast? I'm using capsules that contain 125mg of phenibut in addition to other herbs. I'd like to do this comfortably, but I don't really want to consume much more of this stuff.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

If you've only been taking it for a month, and even then not daily your WD shouldn't be that bad. I'd try your taper at dropping 125mg a day, but if that is too harsh, take an extra half (62.5mg). Let us know you get on.

Hey thanks Toucan & Sprout. I forgot to mention that I'm on 1500 mg of gabapentin per day. I've been on it for about 5 years, so I have a big tolerance, but it still helps tremendously. It takes care of a lot of the shakes and that's why I think I can pull off this quick taper.

I also started St. John's Wort about 6 weeks ago and it's effects seem to mingle terribly with the phenibut withdrawal. I have been through it before, but not like this. I've been getting those shallow, "artificial" yawns at a rapid pace, the ones that people associate with antidepressants and psilocybin. In addition the anxiety has been worse, and has an element of what I think is depersonalization, or a disconnection to my surroundings that is freaky in a bad way. It turns out that I may have to slow the tapering down significantly while I take a break from the St. John's Wort.

The most problematic symptom is the insomnia which of course interferes with general functioning, so I am on a baselining dose of 2 grams that I will have to drop slowly as I feel things out, and can find a time during which I can afford to lose some sleep.

I will keep you updated, so all of this can be added to the online phenibut canon of knowledge.