• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

If you tried both Salvia and DMT (separately), which do you prefer?

• Total voters

bluedolphin

Bluelight Crew
Comparison Thread: Salvia Divinorum vs. DMT

m7t08i.jpg

This thread is for discussion of the similarities of differences between the experiences Salvia Divinorum and dimethyltryptamine produce. You can describe their qualities here as well.

Also check the thread: Interested in DMT but scared off by Salvia
[original post:]

Check out D. M. Turner's Trip Report where he smoked breakthrough doses of DMT and Salvia within a very short period. He witnessed the respective entities battle each other, each shocked that they were in a situation where they were challenged for supremacy. Apparently the Salvia won!

Has anybody else done this? Any volunteers? I want to know if Salvia would win every time ... but I don't have the huevos to try such a combo at this point :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that DMT was the most powerful? And... how would you ensure that comparative doses are consumed at the same time. I think DMT would hit you faster (instantly) rather than the salvia which takes a moment....

^^
I think once you get to "breakthrough doses" on either one, it doesn't really matter exactly how big the dose is. Also it doesn't matter if one takes a little longer than the other to kick in, because you're peaking on both at the same time.

What matters is the face off! Basically, this is ENTITY vs. ENTITY, which I think is pretty damn cool.

I am planning to do this on a hefty dose of MDMA. I am in possession of what is supposed to be 92% of Salvinorin A and everything else I need... ;) I have yet to receive the DMT though.
I will definitely supply everyone on bluelight with an extensive trip report covering all the details.
The only problem is that I have never ingested DMT before. I do know 5-MeO-DMT and DPT if they are in any way comparable. Everyone always says they aren't, but maybe that's just snobbish and arrogant behaviour because those people have smoked DMT...

If this takes longer until April 18th I will definetely have to wait until summer... I don't see how I will have the time and the right mood at the same time for an experience like that.
It has to be perfect, so it might as well not happen at all this year. Something like this cannot be forced, I have to feel the substances calling me... :) Especially Salvia, wheeee...

crOOk

I'd guess that salvia would beat DMT but 5-MeO-DMT would beat salvia.

salvia beating DMT? WHAT?

i have ripped 20x salvia from a bong whilt peaking on a eighth of shrooms and even that was no where close to a DMT experience.

DMT is unreal and words cant describe it. Salvia is just weird.

Chuck Norris would beat both of their's asses!

crOOk

rofl.. go salvia!

natural drugs will always dominate over man made drugs..

or at least salvia > DMT. :)

id say maybe salvia because it is much more alien and humans have been using it for a much shorter time.

^ yeah...isnt dmt already in your brain anyway???

i have just recently tried salvia and she was great to me. i havnt had any breakthoughs though. and also need to find a way to get my hands on dmt.

sexyanon2 said:
rofl.. go salvia!

natural drugs will always dominate over man made drugs..

or at least salvia > DMT. :)

So... are you saying that if I smoked synthetically produced Salvinorin A and naturally extracted DMT simultaneously, that the DMT would win in this situation?

And inversely, that if I smoked salvia 20x simultaneously with lab made DMT, the Salvia would win?

Doesn't make much sense to me. Drugs are drugs, regardless of how they were produced. Compounds are compounds. Period. Natural doesn't mean shit. 8)

-------
john

Salvinorin A is much stronger than DMT, but it's much more complex/fragile, so it's a shame that a lot gets ruined before hitting your lungs. I'd like to try mixing a 10X extract with the same chems used in fentanyl or nicotine patches..Plenty of alkaloids and amides, like scopolamine(mixed with lard) and acid can easily cross through the skin into the bloodstream, so why not salvinorin a?

^Salvia's compunds aren't a lot like any of those chemically. Furthermore, it's difficult to get Salvia to work by any other means than smoking, though salvinorins can be absorbed in the mouth, namely cheeks I've heard.

As for the comparison, since we're talking about the, umh, entities of the substances (thus assuming both are successfully ingested to assure equal intensity), it could be either way. I've only had DMT as a drink and Salvia as 5x extract, smoked, so both experiences have been fundamentally different in the sense of duration and intensity, but the qualitative aspects tell me that if 'winning' in this case would be about hierarchy of depth, Salvia could be the winner since it might act in the more profound levels of the brain, mind. So, I think that simultaneous ingestion would result in a DMT trip in Salvia world, but not the other way around. Kind of like the words light and darkness: in the dark, there can be a spot of illumination but in light, there couldn't be an entity of darkness.

In the end, DMT might steal you attention, but probably not diminish Salvia's effects on the trip from a lower level.. brings to mind the hypothesis that attention focus be DMT-mediated to some extent.

DMT would come out with brute force and power, initially scaring the shit out of Salvia. It's entities would get the upper hand at first and surround salvia with laughter and mockery, twisting and turning and popping out of walls as they felt victory at hand...

But then Salvia would get pissed off and kick into full gear... it would 'breakthrough' and DMT wouldn't understand what was going on. Salvia would come in at high speeds from the 5th dimension and erratically morph into many different forms, most even too scary for DMT to handle. After it beat DMT around for just a few minutes, it would realize how weird it's acting and come back down to reality... allowing DMT to take over as the more solid and positive fighter.

the winner would be DMT

lol, i feel like were talking about magic the gathering or some mystical game, lolol. :p

I agree with psilo707's little anecdote.

salvia has an odd delirium twist to it, sort of like scopolamine (but without the side effects), but as far as sheer visionary state, DMT is superior.