• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosage; Codeine VS Hydrocodone

N41V3

Greenlighter
My friend is perfectly naive to opiates. Last time he took a 5/500 vicodin years ago he was pretty high, and 10/1000 would make him uncomfortably high. Several months ago he took a 5mg oxycodone and was slightly higher than he would have liked, although he admits it was his favorite type of high ever.

Now he has cheratussin (10mg codeine/100mg guaifenesin per serving). So my questions are
1. Can he get high without taking "too much" guaifenesin?
1a. How much guaifenesin made you sick when you were completely naive to it (to guaifenesin)?
2. By no other measure except your own experience, how much codeine would equal a 5mg vicodin high? A 10mg vicodin high?

Also, is there any way to separate the codeine from the rest of the bullshit liquid? I'm also opiate naive, and in my experience 40mg-50mg of codeine (in cheratussin) is 5mg hydrocodone, for whatever that's worth.

Use an opiate converter next time, hm?

Hydrocodone is roughly 10x as potent as codeine but it varies greatly between people. I would try 90mg as a good starting dose of codeine.

Going above 2 grams of guafensin may make you gassy or sick. Again it varies between people - some can eat 10 grams and they're OK and some may get pukey at 1.5 grams.

Mugz has got some great conversion charts at the bottom of his posts %)

Hydrocodone 30 mg = Codeine 200 mg

So the Hydrocodone works out at around 7 x stronger than Codeine by my reckoning.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/564885-Opioid-Conversion-Chart

Be safe and have fun ;)

For me, hydrocodone is about 4 times stronger than codeine. How do they come up with information for charts on codeine when not everybodys liver can break down codeine like others can.

For instance, my first time trying codeine, it was 50mgs & it got me high & felt great for about 1.5 hours. Other people dont feel anything their first time on 50mgs of codeine.