• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The best way to prep 3 different brands of MS Contin

gh0ul

Greenlighter
I've read so many different threads on prepping MS Contin for injection. This covers 3 different brands and if done right you will get the most bang for your pill with absolutley NO gel up. ANd remember NEVER BOIL MORPHINE.

Morphine seems to be my drug of choice now a days. And since my days of heroin use my delivery vehicle, though not at 1st, has been the syringe.
Well morphine and occasionally coke. Coke is a really bad drug to inject, it's a personal choice but to me the rush just cant be beat. So whenever I get my hands on a lil bit that's the way I choose to use it. That's a topic for another thread.

After I got to the point with morphine that I was physically dependent on it, I became bored and old heroin addict thoughts began to spring up. I decided I wanted to find out how I could slam, bang, shoot.... whatever
term you're comfy with. I wanted to get high... feel that rush.

So, I acquired a few syringes and started searching for ways to extract and shoot the morphine. Most start the same way, Wash the coating off, if there is one, crush it, mix it in a spoon with H20 heat till a slight boil drop in a wad o' cotton, draw it up, and slam. THis doesnt always, as I'm sure most of you are aware, work. Hell, that particular method never worked for me. And the bad thing about it is, it differs from brand to brand the best way to extract the morphine without destroying it or ending up with a gummy, gelly unusable mess!

So Im gonna tell you how I do it for 3 specific brands of MS-contin. These methods always work for me without ending up with a gelly mess you have to salvage by licking the spoon.

First off. It is best to use micron or wheel filters. It is a bad practice to inject the contents of a pill anyway. They arent made with the junkie in mind and they all contain wax, fillers and binders. This wax will collect in your lungs over time and cause major problems... Problems I'm sure I'll feel sooner or later. So filtering the final product through a wheel filter is the best way to be safe about it. The fact is cotton balls and cig filters just don't get it all out. The bad thing is wheel filters aren't cheap. Hell, I can't afford them so if any of you know a cheap place to acquire them... let me know.

I'll start with my fave brand of MS contin 1st:

Endo time released morphine sulphate.

I've read a lot of posts where people are so put off by these lil beauties. When they try to cook 'em and shoot 'em all they get is a mess. Well Here's how you do it.

You will need:

1 3ml or 5ml syringe I use a 25 to 28ga needle
A tablespoon. or bigger for 100mg
A candle
cotton balls
H20 with added salt or saline solution.
(I use salt water. doesnt take much. you just want to be able to taste the salt)
The salt water helps along with the heat to break down the time release matrix.

1st off it will vary how much H2o you use as to how much of the pill or what mg you are using. If you are using a 100mg then you're gonna need about 4ml's if a 60 about 2mls... if a lil bit or half of one well.... I never start with less than 1.5ml. So lets say you're doing a 60mg, then draw up 2.5ml's of salt water into your syringe and set it aside.

THese pills have no coating and crush up really nicely. Be carefull not to crush it and send particles flying across the room. Crush it finely and set aside.

Light the candle and place the spoon over it so that the flame heats the spoon. I use a red wine glass with a candle inside it. I've found that if I slightly bend the spoon, it sits there nicely and heats as I prep the other stuff. While it heats, get 2 cotton balls wadded up and ready. Once the spoon is pretty hot... too hot to handle the business end pull it off. This is the tricky part. You want it hot enough but not so hot that it boils hard when you expel your saline solution into the spoon. I use a razor to push the powder up onto the blade of a biz card then drop it in the hot spoon. It may slightly smoke or you may notice the edges of the powder pile changing color..... it's ok. Now take your syringe and expell the salt water quickly all around the powder. It may sizzle and bubble slightly and you may get a lil blow back. not much though. it cools fast, then take the syringe needle cover and mix. you're gonna notice that the solution is as thin as water.... drop in a cotton ball and draw it up..... it'll all come up fast like pure water and the particles will collect around the cotton. you'll notice you lose about .5mls of the water. Now put about 1ml more water in the spoon a lil more if doing a 100, stir it and heat slightly.... about 5 to 10 secs..... DO NOT BOIL Pull it off the heat set the spoon down and push the 1st cotton to the tip of the spoon and mash all the liquid you can out so that it flows back into the pool. drop in the 2nd ball and draw it up. No problem. Let it cool and slam it. Once you get it down pat it only takes about 5 minutes to do it.
Once again, if you have wheel filters, then before you shoot it, push the solution through the filter and draw into another syringe. It's the safest way.

Mallies I think its spelled mallinkrondt.

THese lil babes have a wax coating on them you have to remove. They are unmistakable in appearance. THey have the mg on one side and an M in a square on the other.

The method for these isnt too much different from the Endo's.
You will need the following:

1 3ml syringe Iuse a 25 to 28ga needle
A tablespoon.
A candle
cotton balls
(I use salt water. doesnt take much. you just want to be able to taste the salt)

THe same as for the Endos.... the only difference is we are going to actually heat the powder in the spoon. I believe this method is also refered to as "crisping".

Now, to my knowledge all the mallies are the same size no matter what mg they are. which is cool as hell. The main prob with these is its harder to do multiple pills at once. The most ive had succes with at once was 2. You just need to use more salt water with 2. So we'll talk about doing 1.

Start heating the spoon.

Draw up about 2ml's of salt water for 1 pill, set aside.

I remove the coating by turning on the faucet and collecting a puddle in my left hand. I drop the pill in the puddle and use my right hand to rub the coating off as it sits in the puddle. It usually takes 2 passes, then i dry it in a towel ad set aside.

Get 2 cotton balls ready.

Now crush and chop that fucker up finely... Remove the spoon and put the powder in it... right away start to push the powder around with the razor or the tip of a knife. place it back over the flame and continue. Watch it closely.... you want to slightly brown the powder. this is the trick y part. too much and you fry the drug and its useless. too little and you get jelly. It takes a bit of practice. You want a beige not brown. An even color all over. It smells sooooo nice.... like sweet cream... mmmmm....
Once you've achieved the right color take it off and shock it with the salt water in your syringe. Mix with the top, drop in a cotton ball and draw it up. The solution should be just like or really close too that of H20. Then add about another ml mix and heat slightly DO NOT FREAKING BOIL IT draw it up again with the other cotton ball... let it cool and you're ready.

Use an f'ing wheel filter if you have one....

The dreaded Watson ABG Ms-Contin.

I ruined about 10 of these before I got it right. Nothing worked. If you heat them in a spoon like the mallies they clump up and no matterhow you do it.... you get gel. If you try to do it cold with plain H20 and let them sit... gel. No matter how much water you use... fucking jelly.

Boiling.... Well.... NEVER BOIL IT NEVER NO MATTER WHAT. I know in the above methods the H20 when introduced into a hot spoon does rapidly boil for a sec. Thats the absolute most you should do it. You do lose a lil but the boiling stops in less than a sec. So never BOIL IT for a while.

I searched all over the web and tried every method people swore by... even making a freaking cooker outta a coke can.... BS. All I got was dissappointment and jelly.

This is what worked for me...

YOu will need:

1 3ml syringe Iuse a 25 to 28ga needle
A tablespoon. (for doing one pill, if 2 or more a shot glass works)
cotton balls

Notice.... no candle.

Wash the coating off as I said for the mallies. Set the pill aside. Draw up about 2mls of salt water per pill.

Wad up 2 cotton balls, then crush up the pill finely.
Place the powder in your spoon or if more than one into a shot glass. Expel the salt solution over the powder and mix. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, then draw it up. Add a bit more and do it again.

It's that easy. For some ungodly reason the salt keeps the pill from gelling up! If you find that after it sits it has gelled and is hard to draw up just add a bit more and mix. Then draw it up. You'l notice after you draw it up that you get a really strong morphine taste. (as you do with all these methods, I always taste after the 1st draw no matter what. You'll know when you have a strong product) This is the only cold extraction method Ive used where I can actually get that pin and needle rush from a small amount of morph. I've done it with other brands this way, without the salt water which extracted the drug and worked, but I got no rush when i shoot it.

Once again.... wheel filter....

So... apparently as far as my trial and error research with these 3 brands goes, it seems salt H20 is the common denominator and works, in different ways for all 3. I get a strong product for injection and when I shoot it, it always yields a nice rush. No matter which of these 3 brands I use I end up with the same effects. I usually start to feel WD symptoms come on about 7 to 9 hours after I fix and depending on my tol and the dose at the time I generally get pretty high using these methods.... So They must work pretty well.

I really hope some of you can use this. Let me know if you do, and if they work for you or not..

Last edited:
Contalgin morfin dak Or Morphine sulfate IR

I just acquired some 30mg morphine pills. Instant release from Denmark. THese require a different method to get the drug out. I was quite put off by these at 1st.
But now that I figured them out, I love em, you can easily extract close to 100% of the drug outta these babies and banging 60mgs of these is like slamming 90 of any of the other 3. I found out that if you heat em.... my god they gel.
So here's how:

YOu'll need:

1 3ml Syringe w/needle, 22, 25, 28ga
1 3ml syringe, no needle
1 5ml syringe, no needle
cotton balls
a table spoon.
Your morphine pill
a shot glass or similar receptacle

1> Crush the pill into a fine powder and put it in the shot glass
2. Draw up about 2.5mls water and expel it into the glass over the powder.
3. Mix and let the solution sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Take the 5 ml syringe and push a small cotton ball into it all the way to the tip. It's easiest to do this if you take the rubber plunger off and push the cotton all the way down. then pull it out and replace the tip.
5. Take the no needle 3ml syringe and draw up all the solution from the shot glass.
6. hold your finger over the tip of the 5ml syringe with the cotton in it and backload the solution into it. Hold it side ways.
7. replace the plunger in the 5ml slowly. ONce it's barely in turn the syringe up right and slowly push the solution up to the cotton. make sure you hold it upright as you do this.
8. now expell the liquid into your spoon. It will be crystal clear like water
9. make a cotton ball filter like normal with a small amount of cotton, drop it in the spoon with the clear morphine and draw it up....
10. slam it.

THis stuff yields some strong morfin.... I love the Danish contalgin morfin DAK.... but the US morphine sulfate IR reacts the same way.

^^^That's great and all but most people don't get to just walk into your nearest convenient store and buy reagent-grade toluene.

^^^That's great and all but most people don't get to just walk into your nearest convenient store and buy reagent-grade toluene.

This might help cover the legality of whether you can or can not buy toluene at a local hardware store:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/inhalants/inhalants_law1.shtml

While it won't cover every state, I just care that it says I could get a fine and/or jail sentence for obtaining it for its inhalant properties...So?

Edit: Just checked everywhere pretty much and all that I am getting back is that it technically isn't a federally regulated or watched substance of concern; but various states have set up their own laws on what type of inhalants you can or can not sell/use/abuse/divert and so forth, but the DEA website does not list it as something it considers scheduled. Again, if someone can find evidence to the contrary please correct me, but I've been looking for a while and can't find shit about toluene's regulation except that pathetic erowid link.

Last edited:
Safest way? For real? USing alcohol and toluene? My god man. I dont think Safest is is the proper term. It sounds like true it will get rid of most all the wax, which when dealing with MS-contin is of utmost concern, but it'd take a bit of time and patience to master such a technique. My methods aren't perfect. but they aren't like other methods I think you'll agree. Give them a try and just see how clean and clear the solution comes back. Nearly all the wax that is left over after the soltion is drawn up resides around the cotton, and my methods dont give it time for the drug to be captured in the wax as with others. I know because Ive chewed and sucked the left over wax and you can BARELY taste any morph at all. And like I said, when you run it thru a wheel filter at the end, it gets even clearer. IT's fast, worry and fool proof.

Benifit of my doubt given, I will ather the items required and try your method, and post my findings.
THat is and I seriously doubt I can even purchase toluene in my state.

^ Dude don't buy it, if your not bright in the chemistry dept and end up shooting toulene you won't think its the safest way.

Thats the Fastandbolbous method you linked I assume, it is great and all but I'd never try it....im sorry im just not comfortable playing with those chemicals with my level of ummm, brain.... Hell I wouldn't leave toulene anywhere near the room I shoot in. . . Than again im the guy that put PH UP in a nose spray bottle and took a big hit of it on accident.

Thanks for the post ghOul, very very informative, try not to heat pills though, thats my only added input.

I have used the Fastandbolbous method of prepping MS Contins for IV injection on a few different occasions and it does indeed work great. The only thing I did different is that I let the remaining Tolulene evaporate before the alcohol washes.

After the alcohol has completely evaporated there is no smell or taste of Tolulene in the final product.

^Good clarification.

I was not saying if performed correctly the method would not work, only that one should take great care with these chemicals and not attempt the method unless you completely understand how to do it with the utmost confidence.

That's why I stick with what I've discovered and posted. When I need to fix. I can't be waiting for chemicals to evaporate.

Trust me people. I may not be a chemist but you'd be surprised what a junkie can come with to best utilize a small amount of morphine in a pill. THese methods work, and work well. I can pull each of them off in less than 5 mins. Just give them a try and you'll see what I mean.

If you are prepping ABG's Do not leave out the Salt H20, or saline. It can be very mild salt H20. The sodium is key to keeping the solution from gelling. In fact this is the only brand that i have found that no other method will work right except this cold saline method I posted.

That's why I stick with what I've discovered and posted. When I need to fix. I can't be waiting for chemicals to evaporate.

It dosent take all that long to evaporate using a Double-Boiler type setup, it took about 90 minutes.

LMFAO. Dude... like I said..... If Im dope sick, and back me up here people..... Im not about to wait 90 minutes to fix..... come on?! Listen. I'm not disputing how perfect this guys method for prepping MSCOntin is. Im sure if done right, it's flawless. But it is clearly not meant to be used on the reg by someone, like me, the hell with all this SWIM crap, that has a daily morphine habit. If you can afford to wait at the very least 90 minutes for your dope to get perfect, then you dont have to fix anyway. You're just chipping. I past that chipping stage years ago. WHen Im sick, I gotta get right. I cant be waiting hours for this to come out perfect while Im on the crapper pissing out of my ass and vomiting in the trash can. If you need to get right, then my method will get you right and it'll do it fast. with, and im pretty positive about this just about the same results as doctor chemistries method.

All of this adding extra chemicals, breaking out a freaking double boiler, come on man. You're just making it into something with so much potential to fuck up. I posted these methods to give people a quick and very effective way to get the most bang outta your meds when you need them. This method is not meant to turn a junkie into a chem major. It is what it is, a very easy and very effective way to take your pill to a liquid that will get you right. in a hurry.

Last edited:
In terms of harm reduction I think gh0ul's method is of pretty significant value. Admittedly the toluene method is superior but realistically how many of us dope fiends are able to exercise the impulse control necessary to accomplish it? So thanks gh0ul as someone who has suffered negative consequences from shooting the Watson ABG 60s in the past I appreciate your offering everyone a safer method. While safest is best...safer is definitely good and better than a wish and a prayer.

Yeah, big kudos for at least trying to find a good method and post it here for everyone. Of course everyone knows you need not add heat to a pill but if you're using a wheel filter I don't think that it's that big a concern.

Im going to try F&B's method one day just to see what all that's about.

Does salt water really keep ABG's from gelling? That's an earth-shattering find if it's true

Last edited:
Yes I can vouch for gh0ul's method. The salt water does break up the wax and gel matrix on the Watson ABG 60s. Thanks again gh0ul.

Right. This thread is one of the reasons why this is a worthwhile site. These methods work well and hopefully they will add to the enjoyment and safety of our fellow users.

Does this actually work? Can any trusted Blue-Lighters confirm? I mean, it seems like... salt stopping the gel would be a ground breaking discovery like someone said before. I tried it with 1 of the 15mg Mallie's just to try it. Now I have the 100mg endo's, and I don't want to ruin one. It gelled up like CRAZY. I guess it's possible I didn't brown it enough, but I don't know. I did everything exactly how it was said, and it turns to a big spoonful of gel. Idk.

If you have loads, then crushing the peeled pills, adding water - then filtering through blotting paper using a vacum/buchner pump will give you a completely clear, waxless product.

If you wish, you could then use sodium Hydroxide (drain unblocker) to precipitate the morphine out.
Put back through a filter, you then have pure morphine.