• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

opana

partimer

Greenlighter
Got some Opana ER and wondering the best way to take them.
I shave the orange shell off then crush and snort. Lose a bit of the pill in doing so, but seems like the most intense way, especially since they are ER.
Anyone have other suggestions for doing them?

When I googled Opana, found quite the intense warnings (death) not to mix with alcohol - are they really that much worse than oxy's to drink on?

From OpanaER - Mega Thread -
I believe it will be a good (harm reduction) reference to the following topics covered :

(1) make sure your snorting technique is good, so you don't waste anything, (2) try the high-fat meal ordeal, and/or (3) use some sort of CYP450 inhibitor. Of all those, #1 is definitely the most important. Hopefully somebody with a lot of tried and tested experience can chime in with something more specific for you.

(1.1) I have had oxymorphone daily for quite some time in the form of OpanaER and OpanaIR tablets, OpanaER is much superior in my opinion especially for insuffulating for the simple reason OpanaIR tablets are only made in 5mg and 10mg pills, and they are bigger, about 1.5x as much powder as any OpanaER tablet, which go up to 40mg...So when you have a nice high dosage OpanaER Tablet that's the way to go. Say you have a 40mg OpanaER tablet for instance, your snorting ~6x less powder even if you had the highest OpanaIR tablets available (10mg) and ~12x less if you have the 5mg OpanaIR tabs:\
So when acquiring oxymorphone for insuffulation, OpanaER is the way to go if you get the half of the upper portion of the dosages available, which is the majority.

(1.2)When insuffulating OpanaER, since it is a time release pill it does gel to an extent, but not very badly, its actually something I really enjoy as well as many other Opana users I know and have talked to here on BL.
The reason is this: When you insuffulate OpanaER as opposed to Oxycontin, it has the ability to gels slightly which allows it to stay up in your nasal membranes for a very long time (it can stay up in your noses for hours if you desire (i have), you can control how long you would like to hold you dose up in your nose for the most part, and then swallow it down when you feel like it) and gives it a GREAT chance to absorb, it makes for a very strong and lengthy high, as opposed to Oxycontin dripping down your throat constantly:\
Don't get me wrong I like my Oxycontin, but after having Opana available it's no contest in my opinion, the fine powder that the Opana tablet creates sticks in the nasal membranes so perfectly, it makes for a far superior high than any Oxycontin high:)

(1.3 When preparing your OpanaER tablet for insuffulation, DO NOT wipe it off with water, or put it in your mouth like Oxycontin to remove the coating. This makes the pill gel slightly most of the time and your powder is all wet as a result. The powder in Opana is less dence then in an Oxycontin, so that's a factor.

(1.4)To remove the outer film of your OpanaER tablet simply grab a nice handy sharp knife, a nice razor blade, or even scissors have worked pretty damn good for me in a pinch:)
Then you just grab your OpanaER tablet that now has have its film coating carefully shaved off:)
I think everyone knows what to do after that:D

(2) A fatty meal a half hour before you dose, or even with your dose when I don't want to wait is always great, whether I'm taking it in the ER form for pain, or IR for insuffalation. I almost always try to eat some kind of food (preferably with a portion of healthy fat:) ) , it helps everytime and has been documented to raise the BA up to 50% :)

(3) I don't know much about CYP450 inhibitors yet unfortunately and don't have access to sourced information on the subject yet,
do you by chance happen to have a chart available JC? and/or possibly know of any common ones?
EDIT: CYP450 inhibitors off the top of my head, diphenhydramine (Benadryl), cimetidine (Tagamet)
...For further info check out JC's CYP450 chart ;)
Thanks again JC :)

Have fun, be safe, if you have any other questions I'll be around as always;)

-TheMatador

Last edited:
do you really get high from snorting opana ER? ive tried insuflatting the 20mg ER's, but never felt anything from them... On the other hand, if i IV just half of a 10mg IR, it feels like im in heaven..

Wow - tons of info on this site, thanks. I do enjoy the gel and totally agree.
The thought of iv'ing scares the hell out of me with ther gelling effect.
You lost me on the fatty food. What does that do? Interesting you bring up diet though, I always thought dairy ate up the high, especially vicodin.

Wow - tons of info on this site, thanks. I do enjoy the gel and totally agree.
The thought of iv'ing scares the hell out of me with ther gelling effect.
You lost me on the fatty food. What does that do? Interesting you bring up diet though, I always thought dairy ate up the high, especially vicodin.

The fat from the meal serves as a vehicle to help deliver the oxymorphone across the stomach cells, thus increasing absorption and the subsequent high! I believe it only works when you take the oxymorphone orally though. Its smart of you to avoid IVing any pills though, let alone the types of pills which gel up upon contact with water. With pills that gel up, its best to take them orally, and since oxymorphone doesn't usually absorb well through the stomach, thats why its so helpful to have a fatty meal beforehand, or a small amount of alcohol to facilitate the opana absorbing better.

I've never heard of dairy weakening any opiate high, however. I'm not sure how that could even happen.

I've never heard of dairy weakening any opiate high, however. I'm not sure how that could even happen.[/QUOTE]

Could be because I'm lactose intolerant and dairy may flush my system too fast and wash away the good stuff. Too much info perhaps...

I've never heard of dairy weakening any opiate high, however. I'm not sure how that could even happen.
Could be because I'm lactose intolerant and dairy may flush my system too fast and wash away the good stuff. Too much info perhaps...
Physiologically speaking it wouldn't be possible for dairy to "flush out" opioids from your system "too fast"

P.S. Reeeeeeaaallly sweet new chart JC, I like how it's put together lot better than the others, good find bro :)

-TheMatador

How much alcohol facilitates the oral absorption and how much of an increase from the standard 10% bioavailability does alcohol provide?

And are we talking about standard alcohol or something like ethyl alcohol or something similar?
If regular alcohol, do certain kinds of alcohol act differently in this respect, or does anything alcoholic provide the same benefit?

And do you just take the alcohol with the pill (like some do with grapefruit juice) or do you do something else like prep your stomach with alcohol before taking the pill like you might do with cimetadine/tagamet ore something similar?

I also wonder how this works when you consider alcohol is frequently said to diminish the effects of opiates, but maybe there is some specific procedure that makes this fact either irrelevant or less of an issue.

from wiki:
Alcohol consumption along the Opana extended-release tablets can be an extremely dangerous situation as it can cause "dose dumping" which creates a blast of drug release and increase of bioavailabilty of the oxymorphone in the tablets in excess of 70 per cent.

The low bioavailability of oxymorphone after oral administration requires Opana extended-release to contain up to 40 mg of oxymorphone per tablet -- almost as much as an entire case of Numorphan ampoules; attempts to circumvent the extended-release mechanism by injecting or snorting the tablets are therefore particularly dangerous. However, chewing the tablets and/or taking with alcohol for the 70 per cent bioavailability boost from the latter appear to be the only means successful Opana ER misuse aside from insufflation -- the TIMERx system appears to be making the extended release tablets useless for preparing for injection.

and I'm sure the higher percent alcohol the greater the effect. I'd be careful with mixing the two tho, shit can get dangerous, I haven't tried taking orally with alcohol so I don't have experience with that route but I do find a decent dose insufflated to cause a very nice high, more sedating than something like Oxy IME, It's one of my favs but be careful because people often underestimate the strength of Oxymorphone.

From my limited experience snorting opana er was heavenly although I havn't found any or been look in a little over a year. I sucked off the coating and it was a little moist but after letting it dry half a 20mg blew me away. As I have dabled in opioids recently with a little heroin (also insuffilated) the experience was very similar. I would love to get my hands on some, just moved to a new city so I don't have good connection aside from street type stuff and I paid way too much and wasted way too much money for shitty coke (half is literally unsnortable it is so cut and burned) and geting ripped off on heroin (still worth the experience) I'll cool it until I find a better source. I would love to give opana another go, or even cheap heroin if I could find it.

Do many people really prefer benzos over opioids?

Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I havn't found a benzo megathread or anything. Anyone I've beed reading a lot of user opinions and it seem a lot prefer the high of benzos and a little alcohol (I know this is a dangerous combo) or benzos on there own, I've eveb heard this from some former heavy opiate addicts.

Maybe I just have a high tolerance from taking 3mg klonopin/xanax daily for over a year but even when I take 10mg I don't get the euphoria people rave about. I've been cutting back on daily doses to see if it is a tolerance thing (and to stock up on pills). When I add a little alcohol I just black and piss myself and wake up naked somewhere... So what am I missing/doing wrong? I would love to be able to get this high I've heard about since I don't have to do anything or pay much to get the supply or deal with dealers...

Oops meant to start a new thread and can't seem to edit from my phone. sorry, mods please move if it isn't a hassle...

or even cheap heroin if I could find it.

There is no such thing; heroin is a top-dollar commodity.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I havn't found a benzo megathread or anything. Anyone I've beed reading a lot of user opinions and it seem a lot prefer the high of benzos and a little alcohol (I know this is a dangerous combo) or benzos on there own, I've eveb heard this from some former heavy opiate addicts.

Maybe I just have a high tolerance from taking 3mg klonopin/xanax daily for over a year but even when I take 10mg I don't get the euphoria people rave about. I've been cutting back on daily doses to see if it is a tolerance thing (and to stock up on pills). When I add a little alcohol I just black and piss myself and wake up naked somewhere... So what am I missing/doing wrong? I would love to be able to get this high I've heard about since I don't have to do anything or pay much to get the supply or deal with dealers...

Actually I think it's the other way around - most people prefer the high from opiates than they do benzos or alcohol. Benzos or opiates are normally preferred over alcohol for the vast majority of people.

Taking benzos daily for over a year will remove any sensation of "euphoria" you might get with them. DJSim went into a bit of explanation over this - it is due to the fact that you don't get high from benzos; you get high from your own endogenous GABA. Benzos modulate the GABA receptor so that GABA more efficiently activates the receptor.

djsim said:
BTW, for those interested in knowing how benzo tolerance develops (I have 5 minutes to spare, so why not share....):

The GABA-A receptor is an ion channel which has an orthosteric site which binds GABA and a number of allosteric sites. When GABA binds to the orthosteric site the channel opens briefly allowing an influx of Cl- ions into the neuron causing hyperpolarisation (inhibition of neuronal firing). Allosteric sites bind modulators such as benzos which potentiates the channel-opening effect of GABA.

The ion channel consists of 5 subunits (pentameric); 2 alpha subunits, 2 beta subunits and a gamma subunit. The benzo allosteric site is at the alpha-gamma subunit interface, and it is here that benzos stick to the complex and in doing so, change the shape of the GABA-A receptor enough so that it is now more efficient at allowing Cl- influx, but only when endogenous GABA binds to the orthosteric site. What this means is that on their own, benzos have no effect; they need the endogenous GABA to have their effect (this is what makes benzos so safe on their own).

Benzo tolerance probably arises when the neuron attempts to counteract the benzos action by changing the protein subunits that make up the GABA-A ion channel. When there is no longer an alpha and a gamma subunit next to each other, the benzo allosteric site no longer exists. This explains why there is incomplete cross tolerance between barbs, z-drugs (like zolpidem), and benzos.

Class dismissed!

In essence - as you use benzos of an extended period of time, your alpha and gamma sub units of the GABA receptors in your brain will begin to dissociate, causing near-permanent or permanent benzo tolerance.

This is why people who have taken benzos daily for a long time get absolutely no euphoria from them.

When you take benzos very, very infrequently (once a month or less frequently) you can get fairly high from them.

Oops meant to start a new thread and can't seem to edit from my phone. sorry, mods please move if it isn't a hassle...

It's OK we can talk about that in here. %)

Best way of taking opana er

I have got 1 opana er 40mg. I know the oral and sniffing BOA of this drug is not that great... and I would like to IV it, and i have a micron filter.... i have yet to find a good way to do it (this is my optinal way I would like to do it... most bang for my buck;)).

So does any1 know the BOA of oxymorphone er when pluggin it... Iv never plugged a drug... tho I have used suppositories before. But I guess unless I wanted to just stick the pill up there.. which I know isnt the best way of plugging something. but I cant use a rig with the needle off or a oral baby syringe cause with water because the pill will gell up... which is the same issue with why I cant IV it. I mean worst case I can snort the whole thing... which from some friends so it will be equal to snorting about 100ish mg of OC. But then the whole pill will be gone in 1 sitting :\

I'm going to merge this, we have plenty of Opana threads pre-existing.

Is that OK with you, bang that shit?

Someone already asked essentially the same Q as you did, so I merged it in here.

Hopefully this'll give you some ideas, or someone'll meander into here and help you out.

I have a micron filter, and am gonna try IVing 2mg.... I have succesfully banged generic OC's which gel up. So i have a general idea what to do. From reading another topic the IV dose is 2-4mg IV. So im gonna try it.. worst case I lose 2-4mg if i cant filter it properaly and cant get it. Then I will just snort it. I dont really wanna stick the whole pill um my bum LOL:)