• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall recovery

zappal3

Greenlighter
I have recently started taking Adderall to help me focus at work. I just moved into a new role and have so much to do and the adderall has been great in helping work long hours and keep up. The only problem is the next day in the morning I can barely get up and am so tired. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on ways to recover in the morning besides taking more adderall. I don't want to start building up a tolerance or relying on it 24 hours a day. I appreciate any help that you can give me.

How much are you sleeping? Do you eat well and hydrate? Exercise? Last, do you take things to ease the comedowns like benzos?

During the week I am only sleeping 4 to 5 hours a night and usually sleep half the day on either Sat or Sunday. I eat ok and drink water all day. I do not exercise or take anything to ease the comedowns. I want to find something that will help with the fatigue and get me moving in the mornings. Have you had any luck finding anything to help?

Stop taking adderall and get adequate sleep. You're going to be tired in the morning if you don't get enough sleep. There's really no way around that besides more drugs.(bad idea)

^^^Really the only advice I could give. If you turn to more Adderall, you will just sleep less and less and never feel right.

I'm not adding anything new, but the key to this question of "making Amphetamines last long-term" is just what others have implied. You need to keep up on sleep, hydration and nutrition. You can prolong your situation for extended periods of time, but typically, you're going to need to pay the piper in one way or another.

I have been getting more sleep and making sure I am eating semi-well, cut down on junk food and fast food. I am mainly just drinking water and gatorade at this point but still feeling tired and run down in the morning. I am not abusing adderall or taking it recreationally, it was prescribed by my doctor to help me focus at work, which it has helped considerably. I don't want to stop because of being so tired the next morning, the benefits with my work performance are incredible. I have searched for supplements and vitamins that may help and was wondering if anyone has found something that works well. I read something about L-Theanine and was thinking of trying that. Has anyone had any success with a L-Theanine vitamin or anything like that?

I picked up some SportsResearch L-Theanine today at GNC, it had a 5 star rating. I will give it a week and then post a reply about if I noticed any difference or not. In doing some research last night and today I came across a supplement that is made for amphetamine and ADD/ADHD medication users. I was wondering if anyone had heard of it or tried it, ADDBack (https://www.add-back.com). I was thinking of giving it a try if the L-Theanine doesn't help significantly. If anyone has tried it, I would definitely be interested in hearing how it worked for them.

Thank you for all of your help and feedback.

you've got to watch that adderall, tolerance builds extremely fast in my experience

Yeah I heard about that too. That supplement I found seems to have the main ingredients/compounds that I have found in my research that supposedly help with all of the negative side effects. I'm going to order it as it's not too pricey and see if it helps. I'll post how it worked after I've I get it and use it for a week or so.

wish you luck. a word of advice if it stops working dont move onto meth. just from experience

I found a supplement called ADDBack or ADD-Back that has most of the ingredients I've read about for the various side effects. I'm ordering it and trying it out. I'll post my experience with it after I've taken it for a week or two. If anyone else has tried it, I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Last edited:
I received the ADDBack or ADD-Back supplement yesterday and started taking them today. I'll post an update later this week on how well they work. I took it today for the first time and had no noticeable bad side-effects. They have a great combination of ingredients that they say might help with fatigue, tolerance, depression and the crash associated with Adderall. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have Been taking ADDBack For about three months now. I?ve definitely noticed a decrease in the negative side effects from taking Adderall. I also noticed a decrease in my tolerance. I no longer need to take multiple pills. I can use less MG. Which is great since they are getting harder and harder to get and are more expensive.