• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

insufflating zolpidem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf N Satch

Bluelighter
i was just wondering if it would be more effective to eat or snort zolpidem.is zolpidem water sloluble?if so, is it soluble enough to be effective itranasally?
any advice is much apprecited!
-Peace n LOve-:)
-Rye

drunken_etard said:
I heard it burns like a mother fucker

^^^Yea he's right... it burns so bad that it makes your eyes tear up.... that being said it also hits you alot quicker when you snort it vs. swallowing it

I have no doubt that snorting ambien would hit you quicker, and it is water and lipid soluble, so that is somewhat of a good indication that it can be snorted with at least some effectiveness. As for how effective, I have no idea. I've never tried it. I've only done oral ambien. I don't think that the intranasal bio-availability of zolpidem is data that is going to be easy to find. You'll just have to rely on other people's reports. Doing a BL search might also help. There are many threads on this same topic in this forum.

Zolpidem tartrate is a white to off-white crystalline powder that is sparingly soluble in water, alcohol, and propylene glycol. It has a molecular weight of 764.88.

it's effects are rather rapid insuffilation but it burns and causes discomfort for a few minutes. Will definitely make you sneeze. Plug the nose

I use ambien regularly, and I have never noticed any benefit to insuffilation at all. It has a very high bioavailability when taken orally, and only takes 5-7 mins to produce effects (on an empty stomach.) Long story short, I can't think of any viable reasons to snort it vs. swallow it.

zaleplon (sonata) makes me gag when i snort it, dunno why, the aroma is nauseating to think about but i love snorting 10-30mg of that with some klonopin (oral) and some cannabis (smoked) and some opiates / booze.

generic ambien i hear burns like a bitch and IMO that wouldn't be worth it unless you REALLY need to sleep b/c oral ambien (10mg) with ANY food in my stomach isn't gonna do shit for my insomnia, (or even on an empty stomach for that matter), but brand name ambien is a whole different story, no burn with those babies!

I've been pluging and it works great. Hits the "high" part fairly quickly. I just did 30 mg's and i feel like im between tripping and dreamland. Hard to explain but does work.:| :| :| thats kinda how i feel so ya know

Dizz28 said:
Zolpidem tartrate is a white to off-white crystalline powder that is sparingly soluble in water, alcohol, and propylene glycol. It has a molecular weight of 764.88.

it's effects are rather rapid insuffilation but it burns and causes discomfort for a few minutes. Will definitely make you sneeze. Plug the nose

Please cite your source if you're copying and pasting from somewhere. It looks like the first part of your post came from rxlist.com or a similar site.

It works, hell I've done that very thing this very night not one hour ago. I wouldn't suggest it because of snorting fillers/binders, but it works a hell of a lot better than oral. 5mg insufflated = 10mg oral or sublingual imo. Wears off sooner so you actually have to go to bed within about a 2 hour window if you take it for sleep.

blueyedevil173 said:
I use ambien regularly, and I have never noticed any benefit to insuffilation at all. It has a very high bioavailability when taken orally, and only takes 5-7 mins to produce effects (on an empty stomach.) Long story short, I can't think of any viable reasons to snort it vs. swallow it.
Due to my love for zolpidem, especially when insufflated, I've posted in dozens and dozens of these threads, so I won't go on my usual tirade. Nonetheless, this quote made me laugh. Shame on you :p.

I don't understand why you would want to snort sleeping pills. Do yo get a buzz from it? It seems like it would just make you go to sleep a little faster than if you swalloed it. Why not get some real drugs, kiddies?

Eat it.. if you snort those you'll probably wake up with tons of stuff clogged in your nose and it doesn't really hit faster at all.

bulldog8b said:
I don't understand why you would want to snort sleeping pills. Do yo get a buzz from it? It seems like it would just make you go to sleep a little faster than if you swalloed it. Why not get some real drugs, kiddies?

well mr. what "real drugs" are you doing?

i just snorted four, 10mg sonata's (zaleplon) and am feeling quite nice.

but before that i used some "real drugs" i guess you could say...

30mg oxycodone
3mg klonopin
.75g cannabis
12.5mg diphenhydramine
600mg gabapentin
2 beers

but yea, just because i sniff sleeping pills i'm a kiddie! :! how many times have you slammed oxy or dilly or coke? fuck off newb

Jusus enoughorangejuice, you seem to always mention in ALL your posts that you like mixing opiates, booze, gabapentin, cannibis and OTC potenators. You are a downer guy.

We get it.

Also internet flaming about a broad statement not directly intended for you about being or not being a kid is really middleschoolish. If you know what you are or aren't why are you so passionate about defending yourself?

Back on topic ambien works great snorted. I have no definative bioavailability info but i can say that the burn isn't as bad as some people seem to think. Hits you faster than swallowing. The only set back is when i snort it i seem to keep doing it all night even when i have reached the level where no more is needed. Last time i had access to it i believe i did 270mg in one night. Then the next day you swear your pills are missing due to anterograde amnesia

For me the onset is just as quick but isn't as strong or efficient when I snort them.. what's the bioavailabilty nasally? anyone know?

sonic said:
Please cite your source if you're copying and pasting from somewhere. It looks like the first part of your post came from rxlist.com or a similar site.

it was from rxlists

Zolpidem, whenever I snort it, seems to hit me almost before its had a chance to burn. Then I completely lose my shit, and wake up somewhere I don't remember going.

Ah, good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.