• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Vs. Cocaine Vs. crack addiction

mashmetaller

Bluelighter
What in peoples experience is more addictive, Heroin cocain and crack.
any contributions appreciated.
cheers!

Cocaine and crack arent physically addictive at all. So to answer your question, heroin is more addictive without a doubt.
[ 28 July 2002: Message edited by: Snitch ]

I agree that coke addiction can't compare to any opiate addiction. But everyone tends to downplay cocaine withdrawal. It may not be physical technically, but pyschological withdrawal causes physical sympoms, such as motor tic's(as seen in turette's syndrome),bradycardia, nausea, and muscle pain. It's no picnic, trust me. Im actually withdrawing from coke right now.

In my experience with opiate dependence (no needles, but high doses of insufflated OC), the physical withdrawal lasts for a few days, but the psychological aspect lingers for much much longer... and in some people forever. I use to snicker at the notion of something which is soley mentally addictive, until I experienced it.
It's all up to the person. Some people will be predisposed to abuse certain types of drugs. Your favorite OD moderator thinks that ketamine addiction is more severe than meth or opiates. I'd like to see someone who can say that they've been addicted to each.
[ 29 July 2002: Message edited by: Ketamike ]

I have no real experience with opiate or coke addiction but i have read a doctors report with an addiction table and it says smoking cocaine is alot more addictive than heroin.

i walked away from doing coke and crack on a every other day basis.... it wasnt very hard.... coke is a bullshit, pussy drug. altho right now im doing a lot of dope and oxies and i dont see myself walking away anytime soon. there warm, and fuzzy and fun.

you are going to be the most addicted to whatever gets you off. physical addictions aside, some people get off on making money, others on having lots of sex. i enjoy coke and crack but it doesn't appeal to my psychological needs (the need to be unattached to the world and feel no pain).
in my opinion herion is by far more addictive (mainly cause i don't understand what psychological needs that coke and crack fill). heroin offers a pain-free ride which some people don't want to get off of.
like me. errr...

Fucking Herion hands down. Way more addictive then coke. You don't hurt when you don't have blow. Dope on the other hand will have you curled up like a ball on the floor...

apart from tabaco (nicotine) I mean why the fuck am I smoking a cigg every half hour when it dosn't even do anything?
Heroin is less addictive I'd say as long as you only do it a few times.
Crack or coke make me feind for a next hit where as my experiments with heroin have never left me craving a next hit.
Altough if you are stupid enough to do either on a daily basis heroin will probably grip you harder and worse.
Just don't fall in to the addiction trap by using to offten and you would probably be able to deal with either.

^^^Thats what I think.
I'd say it's much easier to get out of control w/ coke/crack, but if you do get addicted to dope it's a much worse situation.

"you are going to be the most addicted to whatever gets you off."
Words of wisdom!
Medically speaking, heroin is more addictive than cocaine.
Personally, I'd hate to have to take either regularily.

why are some of you calling heroin dope? dope is weed.
heroin is called smack and shit (among others) so dope kind of blends in i guess

I can say from personal experience that crack and cocaine are not very addictive. Sure, you might feel like doing it. But it's not the kind of thing that would make someone sell their ass to get it. Heroin is physically addictive if you do it enough.

haha, sorry kid, but dope is not necessarily weed. not to junkies at least. and its slang, dope can mean any drug you want it to, but i assure you people have been referring to heroin as dope way before my time.

Cocaine and crack arent physically addictive at all. So to answer your question, heroin is more addictive without a doubt.
Actually, you DIDN'T answer his question at all. He said "which is more addictive," not "which is more physically addictive."
Nowhere in the definition (ANY modern definition) of addiction that a drug has to be physically addictive to be an addictive drug. Just because coke isn't physically addictive doesn't mean that it can't be just as addictive as heroin.
"The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), the American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM), and the American Pain Society (APS) recognize the following definitions and recommend their use:
Addiction: Addiction is a primary, chronic, neurobiological disease, with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations. It is characterized by behaviors that include one or more of the following: impaired control over drug use, compulsive use, continued use despite harm, and craving.
Physical Dependence: Physical dependence is a state of adaptation that often includes tolerance and is manifested by a drug class specific withdrawal syndrome that can be produced by abrupt cessation, rapid dose reduction, decreasing blood level of the drug, and/or administration of an antagonist."
If your logic was correct, then most of the chronic pain patients (cancer, terminal illness) would be addicted to their pain medicine. Some of them develop huge tolerances (hundreds of mg's of oxycodone per day for instance) and will experience harsh withdrawal symptoms if they suddenly stop taking their medicines. But in fact, addiction to opiates in such patients is considered quite rare and the few who do become addicted almost always have a prior history of substance abuse.
Addiction isn't an inherent property of a drug. Actually, drugs just have different potentials for contributing to addiction based on how rewarding/pleasurable their subjective (opposite of objective, thus different for different people) effects are. Coke is rewarding for many, as is heroin. Some people will have more trouble with one drug than with the other. Both drugs are very rewarding and reinforcing in general (according to experiments with rats) and each drug has its own population of addicts.
And about the meaning of "dope", why does every thread have to turn into a stupid @$$ slang argument? It's against forum guidelines, and it's a waste of everyone's time. If you say that hairy balls is slang for LSD in your "hood", then I'm not going to argue. It means different things in different places, this is a FACT. But I will tell you that if you say heroin when you mean heroin, or weed when you mean weed, then there would be no arguments about what you mean. Know what I mean?

The most addictive drug is the one the user has the most problems with.
Really, I have no idea why people bothering comparing the subjective addictivenesses of different drugs. You can live a miserable depraved life due to marijuana use just as you can being hooked on heroin or crack.

^
|
|
That really is the truth. It's a shame that most people believe that some drugs are really addictive while others are not. Addiction goes far beyond the properties of any particular drug. Sure, some drugs are more likely to cause addiction than others, but which is the most addictive is purely a matter of opinion. I am ashamed of the number of different drugs I have used, but the only one I was ever really addicted to was marijuana (and maybe alcohol). To be blunt, heroin and coke are both highly addictive, but any given person may like one, both, or neither of the above.
Just remember that every person is different and will have problems with different drugs. Someone I used to be friends with is probably the only person I have ever known to be an acid addict. He seriously needed to trip every single weekend and talked about it non-stop. LSD was the drug that he needed to function and be normal. Most people could never get to this point with acid, but he did, so you have to admit that each person is different. And he had done even more drugs than me, so it wasn't like he never tried drugs like heroin and coke.

A person who is addicted to acid is seriously fucked up considering its not physically addictive at all.. marijuana is mentally addictive though and i have found it is hard to get off

Abra.. the thing about your acidhead friend is interesting. That is EXACTLY how I was a few years ago. I was so used to tripping that for me that was my normal frame of mind when I was fully functional.