Assignment Need Amphetamine User Input!

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! I am trying to make a complete guide to the use of Amphetamines! This thread is actually on this forum and can be found here!

Anyways, Some users on this forum suggested that I add a comedown guide to my Amphetamine guide. I agree with them and think that a comedown guide could be very beneficial for many users of Amphetamines. However, because of my limited knowledge of what different Amphetamine comedowns are like, I need input about the effects of the comedown of many different Amphetamines and that's where you guys come in!

What I believe I need is a couple different things. If you could answer me in this format that would be great!

First please list...

• What Amphetamine's you have experience with.
  • What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine
  • Would you use this Amphetamine again? Or was the comedown too hellish?
  • How you dealt with that comedown
  • Would you use this comedown solution again?

I already have personal experience with Adderall (Racemic Amphetamine & Dextroamphetamine) Concerta and Ritalin (Methlyphenidate) and Pseudoephedrine. You can list your experinces with these but I am specifically looking for input from Meth users, Pharmaceutical Methamphetamine Users, Bath Salt Users, Ecstasy (MDMA) users, and Research Chemical users.

Any input is appreciated! No matter what it's about :)

Anyways. Thanks for looking at my thread and I really appreciate your guys input! :)

Hi there,

Interesting study, with definite potential for gaining a better understanding of releasing agents from effects felt by first hand users and their strategies to mitigate the negative effects.

For the time being I'm going to change this to "assignment", as we reserve the other categories for university/industry studies that are intended to be published in peer reviewed journals.

Responses should likely be organized into one thread (likely the one in BDD) so maybe edit your OP to emphasize that, and make the link to that thread more prominent.

As far as substances included; RC amphetamines are included as per your 'protocol' but you also mention methylphenidate. Are DARI's included? Cathinones for that matter? Seeing as most cathinone RC's have releasing agent properties similar to their amphetamine counterparts, effects and comedown remedies would be similar. The only thing is, you're likely to be inundated with 15 different compounds, spanning the spectrum from classic stimulant (d-amphetamine) to classic empathogen (MDMA). This might make for a messy thread. You might get more organized data in the form a survey, from which you can obtain separate data categories based on substance. Likely best to make the only 'multiple choice' part of the survey to be the first page in which people choose the substance they are responding for. After that it should be text boxes so they can provide an accurate description.

What Amphetamine's you have experience with.
D-L Amphetamine
D-L Methamphetamine
Methylphenidate (Both focalin and ritalin)

For time's sake I'm going to stick with D-Amp, because meth comedowns are a bit of a more serious/different cookie.

What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine
"Uncomfortable Brain Fog" is probably the best explanation for coming down. It's as if creativity, focus and energy have been zapped from my mind. I felt exhausted, a bit anxious and did not wish to converse or move. My sense of sight and hearing was sensitive; bright lights and loud music irritate me.

Would you use this Amphetamine again? Or was the comedown too hellish?
They're a tool. I'll use them all the time to be the best worker I can.

How you dealt with that comedown
It's what I do during my use that makes the biggest impact on the comedown. The most important thing in my opinion is to be productive.

If one is not productive, at least be active. If it is late, eating then sleep will be my best options, if I must stay awake, I will eat a 50/50 carbohydrate protein meal followed by caffeine.

I found that L-tryptophan strangely softens the comedown. To the point that I feel as if I am still on it for an hour longer than normal.

On the topic of productivity, the biggest monster of coming down is stress. Stress will be greatly magnified during a stimulant come down. Real life issues in which were once mole hills will now be mountains. Being productive will ensure that some of the stress you may face will be offset by a feeling of accomplishment. Coming down is a lot of mindset, the drop in dopamine triggers downward spiraling thoughts. If someone has something to look forward to other than drugs, then do they truly ever come down?

Would you use this comedown solution again?
Until I die, yes.

I think a comedown guide is a good idea, but I really don't think the crash and the ways to lessen the effects of the crash vary enough from drug to drug to necessitate "comedown" strategies for each drug seperately. It's very ambitious of you to attempt to do so! The kind of ambition only an amphetamine user would display! lol

D-L Amphetamine
D-L Methamphetamine
Methylphenidate (Both focalin and ritalin)

For time's sake I'm going to stick with D-Amp, because meth comedowns are a bit of a more serious/different cookie.

"Uncomfortable Brain Fog" is probably the best explanation for coming down. It's as if creativity, focus and energy have been zapped from my mind. I felt exhausted, a bit anxious and did not wish to converse or move. My sense of sight and hearing was sensitive; bright lights and loud music irritate me.

They're a tool. I'll use them all the time to be the best worker I can.

It's what I do during my use that makes the biggest impact on the comedown. The most important thing in my opinion is to be productive.

If one is not productive, at least be active. If it is late, eating then sleep will be my best options, if I must stay awake, I will eat a 50/50 carbohydrate protein meal followed by caffeine.

I found that L-tryptophan strangely softens the comedown. To the point that I feel as if I am still on it for an hour longer than normal.

On the topic of productivity, the biggest monster of coming down is stress. Stress will be greatly magnified during a stimulant come down. Real life issues in which were once mole hills will now be mountains. Being productive will ensure that some of the stress you may face will be offset by a feeling of accomplishment. Coming down is a lot of mindset, the drop in dopamine triggers downward spiraling thoughts. If someone has something to look forward to other than drugs, then do they truly ever come down?

Until I die, yes.

This is some excellent I information! I will use this to info to start my comedown guide! Thanks so much for the response and for the information! I really appreciate it! :)

I think a comedown guide is a good idea, but I really don't think the crash and the ways to lessen the effects of the crash vary enough from drug to drug to necessitate "comedown" strategies for each drug seperately. It's very ambitious of you to attempt to do so! The kind of ambition only an amphetamine user would display! lol

Everyone seems to agree that it is a good idea. However, I do need some more substantial information before I can really start one. If anyone else could comment on their experiences with amphetamines, I would really appreciate that! Thanks again guys! :)

I think a comedown guide is a good idea, but I really don't think the crash and the ways to lessen the effects of the crash vary enough from drug to drug to necessitate "comedown" strategies for each drug seperately.

I half agree with you.

I feel like many stimulants are unique and may require more preparation for the comedown than something that does not target the reward center like an atomic bomb.

Whereas some things like methylphenidate are often heavy on anxiety side effects during a "crash", things like (meth)amphetamine are heavy on depression side effects.
It's very ambitious of you to attempt to do so! The kind of ambition only an amphetamine user would display! lol
Haha,
Many very intelligent BLers in ADD spend hours trying to find new solutions for the issue of amphetamine neuro toxicity. I think it's a mixture of increased focus and a desire to prolong the confidence/focus for as long as possible.

I'm going to include some cathinones and related stimulants in my reply just since a little extra info can't do any harm can it, and I'm not really sure by your description how wide a scope you're looking at when you just say amphetamines.

What Amphetamine's you have experience with. (I've listed them in the order I tried them)

Methylphenidate
Mephedrone
6-APB
5-APB
MDMA
Methylone
Pseudoephedrine
Amphetamine
MDPV
Pentedrone
Ethylphenidate
Methiopropamine
5-APDI (IAP)

Methylphenidate - Absolutely horrible, suicidal thoughts, intense fear and paranoia, shaking, unable to sleep, very unpleasant, sometimes feeling of sickness, and the comedown lasted much much longer than the high itself. This comedown was more bearable but still very bad at lower doses. Woke up the next day feeling fine though.

Mephedrone - Easy, I didn't really notice any sort of comedown with Mephedrone personally. After my last dose I was a little restless and it took about 30 minutes to fall asleep, but that was it. Woke up the next day feeling fine.

6-APB - The comedown from 6-APB is moderate for me. After the peak finishes I start to feel nostalgia and longing for the peak and start to get a little sad and down, however as long as I focus on enjoying things and don't get caught up in missing the peak I can enjoy the comedown rather than feeling sad. The next day or two I generally feel a bit tired and more emotional than usual.

5-APB - For me the comedown with this was once again almost non existent. Like with 6-APB there was a touch of nostalgia after the peak faded but it was far far less noticeable to the point that I don't really regard this drug as having a comedown and only would really notice it if I took an excessive dose. The next day I feel a little tired but that's about it.

MDMA - For me MDMA falls somewhere between 5-APB and 6-APB in terms of the comedown. It's definitely there and nowhere close to being completely absent like I'd describe 5-APB's comedown for the most part, but it's very easy going, I mostly just feel rather sleepy and not so high any more. I do wish I was back on the peak but unlike 6-APB I don't long for it, and I can relax and watch a movie or talk with some friends and enjoy the rest of the night - I am rather out of energy though and at this point dancing is no longer possible. The next day I oddly seem to experience an afterglow, but the day after that I sometimes feel a little tired or down.

Methylone - This one had quite a harsh comedown for me. The peak is fantastic but then suddenly I'm plunged into feeling worn out, strung out, and rather depressed and annoyed. I can't really enjoy much at this point and I have to down copious amounts of alcohol for any hope of feeling good. I don't want to talk, I don't want to move, and I feel like I have the flu or something. I wake up a lot during my sleep that night overheated and sweating, and the next day I feel rather dead.

Pseudoephedrine - This one doesn't have much of a high to begin with and is more something I'd take to wake me up, there's not much of a comedown either but I can feel a bit strung out and weird if I took a high dose. The next day I don't feel any different to normal.

Amphetamine - Very dependant on the amount I do. With small amounts the comedown is barely noticeable if there at all, I'll crave more amphetamine but I won't feel bad - with large amounts the comedown can consist of psychosis, extreme feelings of depression, insomnia, and various other nasties. The next day I usually feel quite worn out.

MDPV - This is one hell of a rough comedown. Even after tiny doses the comedown is very horrible, and while the peak of the drugs effects last 1-3 hours depending on the dose, the comedown lasts a hefty 9-12! I've found though that the comedown is easily culled by slowly sipping some beer throughout the duration, and turns into a unique high of its own. The next day I feel fine.

Pentedrone - The comedown from this was pretty easy to handle, but I never really pushed the doses that high so that might change at higher doses. It left me craving more of the drug more than anything, but didn't really leave me feeling that sad or depressed, just with a lack of energy. Felt fine the next day.

Ethylphenidate - Unsurprisingly this one was far easier to deal with than its methylated cousin. The comedown was rather easy except at very high doses, and for me the problem was rather with the high itself as it sometimes gave me some gastrointestinal discomfort. The next day I always felt fine too.

Methiopropamine - Only tried this in small amounts, I'd imagine it's akin to regular amphetamine as at these small doses it very much resembled a cleaner more euphoric version of amphetamine in effects but the comedown was basically non existent. The next day I of course felt fine.

5-APDI (IAP) - The comedown and days after from 5-APDI were like an even easier version of those of 5-APB.

Methylphenidate - I would have to be VERY desperate to touch this drug again with a long bargepole. Disgusting chemical in my opinion.
Mephedrone - I'd jump at the chance to take more!
6-APB - I still use this drug once every month or few.
5-APB - I still use this in combination with 6-APB sometimes.
MDMA - Of course, this is a drug I plan to keep using for a long long time!
Methylone - I'd definitely try it again but maybe have some benzos or booze around for the comedown
Pseudoephedrine - Pseudoephedrine for me makes the perfect alternative to caffeine (caffeine actually gives me the worst of all stimulant comedowns bar methylphenidate, oddly enough) as a functional stimulant with no high, so yes I'd use it again.
Amphetamine - I use this pretty frequently.
MDPV - The comedown is harsh, but with alcohol the entire experience is a great ride, and it's a very alluring drug so I'd certainly take it again.
Pentedrone - The high itself wasn't all too fascinating but the comedown was an easy ride too so I'd take it again.
Ethylphenidate - I'd take it again but I think I'd need to take it alongside something to combat the stomach issues.
Methiopropamine - I'd love to take this again, felt like a better version of amphetamine in every way!
5-APDI (IAP) - I'd definitely take this again.

Methylphenidate - Didn't at the time, I'd try alcohol for it if I ever had it again.
Mephedrone - Nothing.
6-APB - Alcohol and/or weed. For the day after I use a multivitamin + multiple vitamin C tablets + a magnesium + B6 combo tablet.
5-APB - Weed. For the day after I use a multivitamin + multiple vitamin C tablets + a magnesium + B6 combo tablet.
MDMA - Alcohol and/or weed. For the day after I use a multivitamin + multiple vitamin C tablets + a magnesium + B6 combo tablet.
Methylone - Lots and lots of alcohol.
Pseudoephedrine - Nothing.
Amphetamine - Alcohol.
MDPV - Lots of alcohol, weed at the very tail end of the comedown when I got tired, to aid sleep.
Pentedrone - Nothing.
Ethylphenidate - Nothing.
Methiopropamine - Nothing.
5-APDI (IAP) - Nothing.

Yes in all cases except that for Methylphenidate I'd try alcohol or benzodiazepines. I might also consider benzodiazepines for MDPV.

Last edited:
Okay "Come Down Drugs" ARE NOT HR!!! Needing another substance to come off a substance can be a very bad habit for many people including myself. I cannot stress enough how bad it is to get into the habit of (For example) using a benzodiazepine for your slight discomfort during a dexedrine crash. But because everyone and their mother wants to come down like a feather, I'll write a guide of what I know based on experience and knowledge of these unsafe poly-drug combinations.

1) All of these "Come Down Drugs" May cause decrease of motor function. None, especially GHB, should be used to operate a vehicle.
2) There is a possibility to overdose when in conjunction with a stimulant, even during a crash.
3) The dose needed should be kept staple to the dose you take sober. You are trying to lessen comedown effects, not get high again.
4) Most stimulants will not react badly with any of these listed so long as REGULAR DOSES are taken.

Benzodiazepines: Renz Note: Probably the safest option. Most benzos will cover the active life of most all stimulants.
Pros: Calms anxiety, eases tenseness, helps sleep, lowered chance of seizure, may reduce blood pressure and tatchycardia by small margins. Some say some benzos are euphoric.
Cons: I find it cancels any positive effects of the stimulant that may be lingering. Addictive. High doses lead to loss of memory and inhibitions. Abuse can lead to anxiety.

GHB: Renz Note: Probably the healthiest option and most euphoric for many. Stick to at most 2 doses.
Pros: Greatly Lowers Blood pressure-heart rate and temperature, Reverses dopamine (Brings back intense euphoria in many). Causes involuntary sleep in doses over 3-4grams, Helps replenish sodium lost during stimulant use (if it is NaGHB) and causes a healthy wave of growth hormone said to be over 16 times that of natural production. Normally a very "clear headed" high with stimulant-esque effects until excessive doses are taken.

Cons: Increase risk of seizure, built up dopamine rebound during the active life of the stimulant can cause anxiety attacks, Very addictive to many, Dose curve is unmanageable by many people (Therefore they will try and get "high" and end up asleep on the bathroom floor instead.). I find it impossible to sleep on normal 1.5-2g doses of GHB until it begins to fade. (Too euphoric for me to want to sleep.)

Alcohol:Renz Note: Least safe. Increased risk of alcohol poisoning and dehydration.
Pros: May ease anxiety, similar to GHB- it can bring back a sense of euphoria (Though not as intense), May help sleep, vascodilation may help circulation

Cons: Dehydration, Tatchycardia, High Blood pressure, Decrease of inhibitions, Alcohol poisoning, Unconsciousness, Vomitting, Addiction, Hangovers of hell,

Weed:Renz Note: Least Addictive for many, Fairly harmless and probably the best option for the laid back type.
Pros: Detracts many from the negatives of coming down, Promotes rest, Promotes appetite, Pleasureable, Not very harsh on the body, Not really addictive

Cons: Tatchycardia, Paranoia, Lung Damage,

Last edited:
D-Ampetamine. Prescribed 40mg daily for treatment of ADHD, however I have taken doses up to 100mg in a day when I was abusing it.

What the comedown was like on that certain Amphetamine.
Non-existant if I use it as prescribed. I usually take 20mg upon waking up with a meal, and another 20mg after lunch time. I make sure to take the dexedrine with a meal otherwise I tend to suffer some side effects (anxiety, high heart rate and nervousness). However, if I take my second dose too late in the day I can suffer from insomnia.

When I was abusing my medication (at the 100m scale) I would suffer agonising comedowns.

I take this daily to combat my ADHD. It genuinely helps me a lot. Now that I have stabilised on a dose that I am comfortable with, and been taking it for the past year or so I have learnt to overcome the urge to dose highly. There's no recreational benefit for me, and I don't want to raise my tolerance.

When I was abusing it, I used to take high doses of benzos and opiates to overcome the comedown. This lead to a spiral of addiction that got completely out of hand and frankly ridiculous. I still use opiates and benzos, but for recreational purposes rather than comedown aide now.

If I have taken my dose a bit late, I use te XR melatonin 2mg tablets. They work a godsend for me. I also take chelated magnesium every night along with fish oils daily.

For high doses, no. It was stupid, dangerous and ineffective after a while.

For my prescribed doses - yes. It is always helpful and never stops working. Plus it's non-addictive.

Hope this is of some help to you.:)

Really quick input on the comedown: everytime I take vyvance and THEN take my instant release dexamphetamine to get high, I stay constantly high for about 10 hours then the vyvance continues to pump out about 6 or 10 mgs into my blood stream and keeps me from fully coning down to where I'm not HAPPY, but i'm content and not sad but my appetite has returned and i can lay in bed and be calm but not fall asleep... I actually stay up for around 24 hours on just 40mgs of vyvance and then 10mgs of instant release dex twice spaces out 3 hours apart. So i guess other than taking a vyvance (NOT DEXEDRINE XR OR ANYTHING XR! They work DIFFERENTLY) before the actual "trip" or "high," i suggest forcing a bunch of apple sauce and bananas down one's throat, get in bed, maybe take an advil if you have a headache from dehydration and just lay there and think/watch Netflix. Netflix and bed/food is like the alternative to using benzos or opiates which i think is counterintuative to the concept of a comedown... It just puts more drugs in your system although it helps out a lot, I don't like the thought of directly interfering with the body's natural system of returning to it's homeostasis.

Adderall, Vyvanse, Ice.
When I first started it was horrible, now it's as if my body built an immunity to the comedown.
Every Day.
I take Seroquel on comedowns and it cancels out most if not all of the remaining dopamine activity in the brain, thus providing a good night sleep. (Seroquel is not an antipsychotic if the dose doesn't exceed 100mg.) And another good thing about it is that it is a NMDA antagonist. NMDA receptor antagonists are thought to prevent/slow down the rate at which one acquires a tolerance to amphetamines. if one has already developed a tolerance to amphetamines this will not be reversed by taking NMDA antagonists though it will help prevent/slow any further tolerance development.
Always.

D-Amphetamine (10mg up to 40mg in a day)
Adderall (amphetamine salts)

Peaceful, empty state of mind of deep relaxation. I usually meditate in this period or go sleep. Note that I use drug combination to achieve a peaceful comedown and that taking Dexedrine/Adderall alone would result in a headache or brain fog.

Comedown is good.

The comedown is mild and mixing 30mg spaced up doses of codeine adding up to 60mg-90mg total removes all negative aspects of the comedown. Tolerance to codeine does not build up because it merely counters the comedown and does not get me high in any way.

Until I die, yes.

Amphetamine experience:

Mephedrone, Adderall, Vyvanse, Ritalin

Comedown

Adderall and vyvanse started out terrible, but got better. Insomnia even hours after use, depressing thoughts, anxiety, mental fog/fatigue, lack of motivation. This got much better in time, but a mental fog was still present. Ritalin remained pretty bad... Mephedrone was terrible. All of the previously mentioned things multiplied by 20. Strange thought patterns and teeth clenching also... Very strange shakey feeling and strong desire to redose

Use again?

All but mephedrone

How did you deal

Mostly, drank till anxieties and insomnia were gone. In some circumstances (where I had taken huge doses) I took a xanax. It is incredibly important to eat and drink lots of fluids while on the stimulant. This always lessened the comedown in the end.

Personally, I would, but I can't really recommend it. It is easy to drink way too much on amphetamines, something I've learned many times. Xanax was a very gentle solution, however. It definitely helped bring me to baseline and allow me to sleep. Also, drinking and xanax together can be very dangerous

What amphetamines I have used or stimulants..

If it's only amphetamines I've used Amphetamine Sulphate.

The comedown could be extremely mild (just get really tired and hungry) or extremely shite (depressed, angry / upset by stupid little things / the usual)

Would I use it again? Yep.

Dealt with it by riding it out.

I would use it again but it's not really a solution.

Great info guys!

I'll be adding this to my Amphetamine thread relatively soon! I'm not done with my comedown guide yet, but I would say half-way there.

Anyways, thanks for the info everyone! I'm sure the community will appreciate everyones contributions once I'm done! :)

I've used Amphetamine Sulphate.

Are you sure it was called Amphetamine Sulfate?

The reason I ask is because Amphetamine is a chiral molecule - also known as - a racemate. What this means is that, that certain molecule has equal amounts of left- and right-handed enantiomers. In laymans terms, the molecule has a mirror image of itself; and because it has equal enantiomers, it is considered the same substance. Because of this, molecules that are chiral's are known as it's name, but with each stereoisomer it has either Dextro (right) or Levo (left) in-front of the name to specify if the molecule is the right-handed stereoisomer or the left-handed stereoisomer.

Do you know which one you had?

If you aren't sure, based on the name, I would say that what you had was a racemic mixture - meaning a mixture of the two.

I normally wouldn't shake two shits at something like this, but I'm trying to be as precise as possible and L-AMP and D-AMP DO have different effects.

Anyways, thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:
- What Amphetamines you've had experience with
1) Adderall, generally in the 50-75 mg dosage range
2) Methamphetamine, I have used this very much, but i have good info on it.
3) Methylphenidate, both racemic (ritalin) and dextrorotary (focalin) isomers

- What was the comedown like?
1) Adderall gave me worse comedowns twords the begining of my use than it does now. It wasnt horrible, i would just become unmotivated and experience cravings. not very bad as long as you aren't with people, because you get antisocial. You can play it off, but you will likely still be suspiciously quiet and won't be hungry. Id say the worst part is the cravings you experience on the comedown. Im not good with self restraint, so i would always reach for more whenever my last dose started wearing off. The comedown can make you irritable, but this is due to hunger. Also, its like impossible to sleep for at least 12 hours after taking xr adderall. All in all, the comedown is not fun

2) Methamphetamine, d-meth is just a lot more potent. Its the exact same deal as morphine compared to heroin. That said, meth has an mg for mg identical comedown to d-amp. So it honestly has a very light comedown. Granted, i had already become tolerant to the comedown from adderall by the first time i did meth. but yah, same as adderall

3) Methylphenidate comedowns are annoying but not horrible, but still worse than amp. Your head is empty. There is not a single thought going through your head. Antisocial and such. But, it also gives me really strong urges to re-dose. From what im aware of, methylphenidate is just like bath salts divided by four. There have been instances where the comedown would make me so angry that i wanted to kill my family members, the threat of a life sentence being to only deterrent. Not fun.

- Use Again?
1) Adderall, every day. if you have adhd, get a script for this because the side effects go away after a while and you feel capable of doing anything.

2) Meth, Oh, if only i had a dealer
:(

3) id do ritalin again if i had no other stims, or if i needed to do work that requires a clear mind, it clears your mind more than amps

- Comedown solutions (this applies to all three unless specified)

Eat. Its damn important you eat enough. You will get agitated when hungry, regardless of sobriety or stimulated. But you dont know your hungry, so just know whats reasonable. Cod multiplayer helps, mindless shooting games that dont need much thought are very good. And yourself some sources of fixation, chew gum and get something to fiddle with. I HIGHLY recommend a butterfly knife, because they are cheap, fun even when sober, and learning new tricks gives you something to do when high.
Also, caffeine. I dont recommend it because "dont mix uppers", but it really helps to be able to take a stim because it brings you back to nothorribleville and doesnt have a comedown itself. Also, texting friends really helps with meth and adderall because you can put your words into writing and you have more time to respond. But i dont know how ritalin texting would be, i imagine not so great because of the empty-headedness

- Would i use this comedown therepy again?

Yes, this is what i try to do whenever i use

Last edited:
Wouldn't a better word be "Central Nervous Stimulants"? AFAIK the only amphetamines are amphetamines themselves, ritalin i.e. is not an amphetamine.

Bath salts.. Hallucinations paranoia and robbed houses an stole a car.. Anger panic forgetting