• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Valium; ratio question

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone knew what 2 mgs of Xanax would roughly amount to in Valium dosage. I use to take 14 mg of Xanax w/out blackin out but truly enjoyin it until my dr decided Valium was better for me. IMO, Valium sucks at any dose. Way weaker IME. But I am curious what mg of Valium would be closest to 2 mg Xanax? TIA!

2mg Xanax is approx equal to 40mg Valium...its hard to make an exact comparison though, considering how short acting Xanax is and how long acting Valium is...

Thanks NT. That's a hell of a difference! No wonder I hate Val so much :p. But, of course, my dr won't be reasoned with to put me back on Xanax. I don't feel like this crap works as fast as my Xanax did either. Ahh, nothing I can do about it. Anyway, thanks again!

OP: If you require a quick-acting benzo, you can try asking for Ativan (lorazepam). It's very quick acting and less commonly abused than Xanax is, so you may have better luck.

Good luck with the anxiety!

As the other dudes said, approximatelly 40mg = 2mg Xanax according to conversion charts. I also find that diazepam does fuck all, but some stronger anxiolytic benzos - at least in my opinion - would be lorazepam, clonazepam, bromazepam may be a better option.

Thank you all for the help. I will def be askin for something better than this crap. I mean seriously, by the time the Valium kicks in I'm either at the hosp thinkin I'm dyin, in tears from the horror I just went thru or one day perhaps dead! Fuckin Valium...

Valium may still be of use to you if you have general or social anxiety problems, but it definitely sounds like you need something that's quicker acting - and Ativan may do the trick. It's less "punchy" than Xanax is, but I found that within 10-20 minutes of taking an Ativan (and smoking a bowl help ;)) that I was feeling MUCH better.

Ahh, if only I could smoke some weed right now. I'm still on probation till July...then it's blunt time!! :)