• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Solubility curve of oxycodone hcl in water

smackem

Bluelighter
Does anyone know where to get a solubility curve for codeine/oxycodone hcl in different tempatures of water.

I really need the oxycodone curve but a codeine curve would be nice too. Auctually any opiate curve. I want to see if they share the same (or close to the same) slope. So I can tell if most opiates are similair or if it is a unique property of hydro/oxy/codeine.

And I need the oxy curve specifically so I can figure out how much OC i can fit in a rig.
Thanks guys! .

Smackem doesn't believe me that oxycodone is less soluble in cold water. That is why he made this thread. Not exactly advanced drug discussion IMO, but would some of you please back me up here?

I'd be amazed. Very, very little is less soluble in warm water than cold. According to wikipedia, a few cyclodextrins are less soluble.

I can't think of any alkaloids that aren't.

Yes, oxycodone has greater solubility in warmer water, however in regards to oxycodone tablets (which this post in more than likely in reference to), be aware that warmer water may carry greater risks in terms of particulate matter...

Also, in respect to oxycodone, solubility increases as pH decreases.

So would adding salt to the water increase the amount of oxy absorbed? Or would the added Na bonding with the Water actually just take up room that the oxy would normally go?

So would adding salt to the water increase the amount of oxy absorbed? Or would the added Na bonding with the Water actually just take up room that the oxy would normally go?

You're kidding right? use salt to adjust PH? Did I miss something in my Chem classes=D you can use and acid (lemon) or any base (baking soda.... not baking powder:D) to adjust PH... too funny

Last edited: