• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-bromomethcathinone (Brephedrone)

Treatderek

Bluelighter
Has any got any experience/information on this one as it has recently become available to me. Thanks!

Eek. The 4-halogenated amphetamines are really, really toxic (apart from 4-FA), I wouldn't touch this with the shitty stick but it's your funeral.

Yeah I was going to mention how it is possibly neurotoxic, some people will always take that risk though

4-haloamphetamines are neurotoxic. Even Mephedrone is pushing it...

I would stay far, far away.

I got a 250 mg sample of this today. I'm thinking whether I should flush it down the toilet or because of the neurotoxicity try it with lots of alpha-lipoic acid, vitamin C, multivitamins, magnesium, zinc, omega-3, 5-HTP and 5 mg melatonine before sleep. Basically taking BIG amounts of antioxidants and vitamins. Maybe even som amino acids?

But I believe even big amounts of antioxidants wouldn't keep me safe from neurotoxicity, so maybe I'll skip it.

Last edited:
seriously....these RC's are getting to be ridiculous. Why can't you people just use the drugs that have been around for awhile and studied a lot... lol basically all the ILLEGAL drugs seem to be the SAFE ones... (well most of them)

seriously....these RC's are getting to be ridiculous. Why can't you people just use the drugs that have been around for awhile and studied a lot... lol basically all the ILLEGAL drugs seem to be the SAFE ones... (well most of them)

Well, when you get a free sample there's always a temptation to try it out. I'm just thinking if huge amounts of antioxidants and vitamines would help with the neurotoxicity. But since I don't want to be a guinea pig, I just think I'll keep it in the bag until we maybe know more about brephedrone in the future. Just to be on the safe side.

BTW there are many RC's which are totally non-neurotoxic, especially tryptamines.

More reliable purity, easier to get & different experiences

^ this

Please do try to keep this on topic though - there is discussion elsewhere about these types of general RC issues and people's opinions but they aren't suited for OD.

Does anyone else have solid information on this beyond the neurotoxicity? Hopefully that's enough for most people to avoid it but I still have an inquiring mind =D

^ this

Please do try to keep this on topic though - there is discussion elsewhere about these types of general RC issues and people's opinions but they aren't suited for OD.

Does anyone else have solid information on this beyond the neurotoxicity? Hopefully that's enough for most people to avoid it but I still have an inquiring mind =D

Yeah sorry I understand but i just got carried away...

I have actually read one report which claimed that 200mg insufflated felt like 150mg of MDMA, sort of a dream-like state, lots of euphoria and increased music appreciation.
I guess that the neurotoxicity is assumed not proven due to the neurotoxicity of para-Bromoamphetamine. I still wouldn't risk it, but who knows with molecules, very small differences in atomic structure can produce very different reactions.

Considering 4-bromoamphetamine (aka para-bromoamphetamine) is highly neurotoxic, producing selective damage to 5-HT neurons, I wouldn't try 4-bromomethcathinone based on a similar assumption.

I guess that the neurotoxicity is assumed not proven due to the neurotoxicity of para-Bromoamphetamine. I still wouldn't risk it, but who knows with molecules, very small differences in atomic structure can produce very different reactions.

I would wait for someone to study it and release some findings first, because you wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

Antioxidants are not a band-aid for serious brain damage.

Can anybody actually attest to the effects of this compound besides the one report on drugs-forum? Seems to be a lot of speculation on whether this is dangerous at active doses.

ive tried this, didn't feel very nice and put a lot of strain on my heart, more so than mephedrone. had heart palps for awhile after. i would advise against this stuff

4-bromomethcathinone is likely, given its similarity to 4-haloamphetamines to be EXTREMELY neurotoxic, not merely a bad thing if overused, as MDxx can be/is/are, but I belive it likely to possess the capability to produce severe and enduring side effects of a most unpleasant nature, which may last for many months, or more, after a single use.

The serotonin/5HTP depletion induced by 4-chloro, 4-bromo or para-iodoamphetamine in the murine model produces profound and severe cognitive deficits, and on histological examination, this lasted not days or weeks, but was still present after 6 months, we are talking after this time period a 40% or more depletion of tryptophan 5-hydroxylase, massive loss of serotonergic neuronal function and death of serotonergic synapses. Axons themselves appear to be spared from necrotic or apoptotic death, but nevertheless, the 4-haloamphetamines produced massive and lasting damage.

IIRC the figure stating the percentage loss of tryptophan 5-hydroxylase, 5HT depletion and serotonergic neurotoxic cell synapse destruction were for 4-Br amphetamine. May have been para-chloro, and I am fairly sure it was not the iodo homolog, but still, avoid this stuff as you would avoid voluntarily submitting yourself to a thorough sodomization with a rusty razorblade-spiked, barbed wire-wrapped, ebolavirus covered ten foot shitty stick covered from end to end with enraged, half-starved ants of the genus Paraponera clavata, (the hormiga venticuatro, or 24-hour ant, in the local native tongue where these are present, known to westerners as the bullet ant)

I will try to dig up the literature supporting this, but I cannot do so right now in this post, I have things to do. I'll leave this window up though to make sure I remember to follow up.

Do NOT touch this substance. It is very likely to be dangerous, and if it does follow the neurotoxic pattern that is inherent with the amphetamine counterparts, antioxidants will do nothing whatsoever to prevent it doing damage, and the form of damage that it is likely to be capable of, will last a long time,

Are these idiot vendors actually trying to harm people?

Whilst avoiding discussion of specific vendors (no idea where this stupid fucking idea came from), there have been some very good products 'released', such as methoxetamine, and camphetamine, and some bad ones, or mediocre ones, such as methiopropamine, from the reports I have read about its use....this, however is beyond stupid, 4-halocathinones.....jesus.

An analogy would be selling say, mercuric bromide instead of corrosive sublimate as a household disinfectant. It may not be the notorious, most commonly troublesome member of its ilk, but certainly has a potential for extreme toxicity.

Whoever dreamed releasing this up, and whoever actually did it, needs slapping.

With a sock full of dog shit coated rusty nails, to the point just before modern medical practise cannot bring them back. Wait until they recover, then repeat ad infinitum.

What fucking cretins...sheesh.

never tried these things, very afraid of them. LC, very nice post. Now I know how to spell cretin

So it's decided. I will flash down my sample from the toilet. I'm not going to give this to anyone else either, even for free, since it is harmful.

I must say I'm quite disappointed the vendor sent a sample of it to me without any information about the compound.

^ Wise decision. The "RC scene" is getting more and more wicked, and I wish that people boycott all these dangerous chemicals, as well as vendors who sell them.

Anyway, people, who dare to try this chemical, please provide as much info on the experience(s), as you can.