any major dude

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread
712px-Methoxetamine.png

Previous Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread
Last Page

novdevider7.gif

novdevider7.gif

Warning: Methoxetamine has not been studied in animals let alone humans or otherwise really at all, and does seem to have somewhat addictive properties in some users. Please use caution
- any major dude

And time for a third B&D already... Please continue the dissociated discussion ;)

no one knows for sure. However given the action of similar drugs i feel its safe to assume at least some neurotoxicity, as for how much i have no idea.

I'd be willing to bet responsible & relatively infrequent use would do little, if any, damage. This is all speculation though.

3rd dose already? People let's pay attention not to overdose... :D

^yes, this is key. Also, is there a level at which most people (accounting for tolerance of course) find a sort of "ceiling effect?"

1. anyone have experience with IV of this?

2. if so do you get a rush?
3. how quick are the effects felt?
4. how long do the effects last?

any problems with taking MXE if you're on SSRIs (not just safety, but having the full effect)?
i'm thinking of going on an SSRI, and while not being able to do other drugs isn't the biggest factor in my decision, i'd like to know this info...

This chemical is very special. I have unlocked so much, time to put away the MXE for a while and explore this wonderful existence i never knew was there.

MXE makes me a more perfect being. Is that an unusual effect? Will daily use (50-100mg) impair my health?

~psychoblast~

Does anyone feel that this chemical has any kind of depressant action? I am experiencing somewhat of a depressive side to it, and I attribute this to 4 possible things:

* Enhancement of pre-existing emotion
* Set/setting
* Actual depressant action
* Moderate use

I am not experienced with dissociatives. Is this common?

^yes, this is key. Also, is there a level at which most people (accounting for tolerance of course) find a sort of "ceiling effect?"

I would say yes there is a ceiling effect. The intensity of the experience reaches a peak and the only thing that changes is the duration of the experience and your ability to remember what happened.

However Shambles has mentioned that there may not be a ceiling effect on your behaviour. The higher you dose, the more crazy you will probably act (and probably not remember).

psychoblast,

MXE makes me a more perfect being too. My concerns about depressive action I think were connected to some set/setting issues that have since been resolved. I do still have some concerns about daily use and habituation, however.

I'd like to start a board or chat or some kind of online connection for others who, like me, like MXE, so we can share and compare experiences and insights, as well as stay up to date on the latest medical issues (since the biological effects of prolonged use of this is not known.

I like to think people are different and what works for some may not work for all. MXE is not some awesome party feel good drug, but it works for me. It is the best thing I've found at managing my anxiety and stress and issues and conditions. Might a pharmaceutical company get involved in this and make it legit?

~psychoblast~

Does anyone feel that this chemical has any kind of depressant action? I am experiencing somewhat of a depressive side to it, and I attribute this to 4 possible things:

* Enhancement of pre-existing emotion
* Set/setting
* Actual depressant action
* Moderate use

I am not experienced with dissociatives. Is this common?

Neurotoxicity? The only reason I could think would be the theorised Olney's lesions, although the author of the original report has withdrawn his article claiming such a risk in humans, so quite possibly not a risk.

Be warned that methoxetamine and ketamine have a very subtle ability to distort your perception of reality; it caused me to jump to a lot of conclusions which seemed perfectly rational (e.g. I decided I stole toys from the school nursery at the age of 5 because I wasn't given enough attention as a child - whether or not that's true, I didn't consider the other 1,345,662 possible causes of that behaviour). Just worth considering!

I found it had a short-term anti-depressant action, but chronic use led me to experience quite a bit of anhedonia as my brain balanced things out, and I experienced a fairly noticeable 3 day come-down with unstoppable food cravings and a lot of grumpyness after stopping a daily 150mg-ish habit from the last 3 (!) months.

p.s. I stopped with almost 4 grammes left in the house. That was flushed - it was the only way I could be sure I could stop myself. In hindsight I should have just asked Mrs Deckmunki to hide it from me. What a waste :(

It is the best thing I've found at managing my anxiety and stress...

Completely agree, AS LONG AS you keep the doses very small - I lost control a bit and it started to affect my daily life, in particular because the memory inhibition made normal functioning difficult, although I didn't spot it so much at the time.

I'll let myself back on MXE when I can trust myself not to go loopy again... ;o)

psychoblast,

MXE makes me a more perfect being too. My concerns about depressive action I think were connected to some set/setting issues that have since been resolved. I do still have some concerns about daily use and habituation, however.

Here is a little something to try while on MXE. Actively tell yourself that this aint going to be a habit, and the drug will be a part of a key to your new way of life/thinking etc. It worked for me. I was very afraid of the whole thing being a complete MXE delusion. I gave my mxe to a friend now to put away so I wont be tempted to ruin this whole new outlook. I cant say for sure if I will or won't take it again in the future.

In fact I would say MXE seems to be part a huge paradigm shift in humanity. Big words, but it feels so real and true. <3

I have said it before already, but I hope to god and all of everything that this isn't all just one big delusion. <3
I could say lots more, but its so big I am afraid to :)

ah, them arylcyclohexylamines.. such a special flavor of schizophrenia ^

Here is a little something to try while on MXE. Actively tell yourself that this aint going to be a habit, and the drug will be a part of a key to your new way of life/thinking etc. It worked for me. I was very afraid of the whole thing being a complete MXE delusion. I gave my mxe to a friend now to put away so I wont be tempted to ruin this whole new outlook. I cant say for sure if I will or won't take it again in the future.

In fact I would say MXE seems to be part a huge paradigm shift in humanity. Big words, but it feels so real and true. <3

I have said it before already, but I hope to god and all of everything that this isn't all just one big delusion. <3
I could say lots more, but its so big I am afraid to :)

This is a profound aspect of the MXE experience, and it feels so true. However neither you nor me can afford to dwell on whether this is a true revelation. The best way to act is to carry on with life and let the questions answer themselves. Don't be frightened by the thought that it is a delusion. Even the greatest works of fiction are delusions. This doesn't inhibit our ability to appreciate them for what they are. Great stories and great memories.

Perhaps think of MXE as a book of short stories.

I partook MXE via insnuffulation last night, ±20mg x 3 doses. I’d done 30 and 40mg sublingually on separate occasions prior to this. Here’s my take on it.

It comes on faster insnuffulated, and goes up smooth. There are subtle hints during the comeup that indicate something is underway, but these greatly understate the magnitude of the full effect that will soon be upon you. The first pronounced effect is a kind of heavy, perceptual wooziness; almost like the totality of my perception was beginning to be sloshed around inside my head, but not in an unpleasant manner. Colors soon appeared brighter and objects seem to have a higher resolution. I noted that the drip tasted kind of bitter and chemy. I’m consistently surprised by how deep this drug goes at you. It has some real purchase, and makes most other classes of drugs seem superficial in their effects.

One of my favorite aspects of this stuff is what it does to my perception of music, which takes on a deep, penetrating, tactile dimension. I find reggae and electronic music are the best, which is funny because I’m seldom inclined to listen to either of these usually, but they really enhance my experience. Similarly, other music that I do listen to normally has much less appeal and can even grate on me under the MXE spell. Music in general has a profound impact on the direction of the trip.

I was a dissociative newb before this stuff, besides n2o. The dissociation I experience is quite interesting. I’ve never really experienced anything like it before. It’s as if all of the pleasant perceptions – sight, sound, well-being, are turned up/emphasized, while I become insulated from a lot of the static that regularly dogs me. It can feel like I’m a thousand miles away from everything. Whatever negativity I’ve been harboring dissipates and can be analyzed in a very dispassionate way from this perspective. For me this accounts for the therapeutic aspect of the drug. It wipes my slate clean, but without imparting a bunch of irrational exuberance or philosophical/spiritual idealism that psychedelics typically leave me with.

I find the stuff also helps me see things in a more objective manner. It breaks things down into their fundamental components and helps you see the interplay between them; like the cold reality of how things are. I can see how ‘metaprogramming’ would be borne out of this if you really went deep with it. Admittingly, these benefits are impeded by the difficulty of developing and maintaining linear thoughts; my focus is easy scattered in the trip state.

Moving around is both pleasant and challenging; everything is sped up and hectic, like your mind is struggling to get kinesthetic traction. I often feel like I’m going nowhere fast on it, although I have ridden a bike across town before (and led a physics study group…yeah).

The drug has elements of escapism to it. Except that when I reflect on the goals I’m working towards, I get excited about them and look forward to their eventual accomplishment, and wouldn’t want to compromise that by continually seeking this state.

There’s a lot to like about MXE. Small amounts of it are quite pleasant and have the effect that I always looked for in alcohol (but never found): mild impairment, loosening up, and imparting an outgoing mood lift. I’m still eager to use this stuff in more social situations and see just how useful it may be (in very small amounts, of course).

At higher doses, the manic and ‘brute strength’ aspects become much more prominent. I can recall empathizing with the bit about how it can take several police officers to restrain someone on PCP. Not that I’ve ever even done that, but I can see how this class of drug could lead there. I find I lose the ability to gauge my own strength and exertion under MXE, as if it anesthetizes me to the normal feedback I receive from those things, and it’s easy to go full bore. The mania is basically entertaining and seems fairly harmless.

Still, I can’t help but feel a twinge of guilt using this stuff. It’s a hard drug, and I don’t know if it’s robbing me of something. Is it diminishing my capacities somehow? Is it sucking me in with the same insidious manner that ketamine is known for? I don’t think it’s been around long enough to answers these questions, or to even form a prediction based on the anecdotal accounts of others. I’m not entirely comfortable with being a guinea pig. But in light of my life circumstances right now, I’ll probably stick with this stuff, though I’m hesitant to give it my full endorsement to others.

Waking up the next day after this ‘run’ had me feeling kind of flat. Not depressed, but not very chipper either. Luckily after a good exercise routine I burned all of that off and feel completely normal again, besides the lingering contentedness. I’ve been studying for finals and my brain capacity doesn’t seem noticeably degraded, which is always good.

You can really get away from yourself on this stuff, and on my higher oral/sublingual doses I was far gone at a few points, to the extent that it wasn’t enjoyable anymore. There is not a lot of room for being irresponsible with this drug, I feel. It really needs to be taken in a safe environment where nothing of great consequence must be dealt with for the duration of the effects. The good news is that once the trip starts to wear off, you begin to resolve back into normalcy rapidly, and the after-effects are quite pleasant, perhaps even my favorite quality of the drug. Over the next several days I generally feel very contented, a big plus. Overall this drug has a very unique character, and I’ll be interested to see what the tide brings in for other folks as it inevitably gains popularity.

ah, them arylcyclohexylamines.. such a special flavor of schizophrenia ^

It doesn't feel like schizophrenia, not that I would know :)
But like the real me that had been hiding away for so long.

Also I have to say that redosing on this numerous times in one session can take you right back to square one. dazed and confused!
It is best to have just one dose, do your thing and get on with life until next time.

This is a profound aspect of the MXE experience, and it feels so true. However neither you nor me can afford to dwell on whether this is a true revelation. The best way to act is to carry on with life and let the questions answer themselves. Don't be frightened by the thought that it is a delusion. Even the greatest works of fiction are delusions. This doesn't inhibit our ability to appreciate them for what they are. Great stories and great memories.

Perhaps think of MXE as a book of short stories.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragment. It has been difficult to even dare write my true feelings about what these experienced have done for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.