• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxing poison from the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_p

Bluelighter
okay so basically I have poison in my system, about 2 months ago I received a dose of chemicals whilst spraying weeds for my job... the spray tank had a small leak and it ran down my back

that night I felt like shit and developed a really bad headache and in the morning I had a rash all over my chest and back

it didn't get any worse so I didn't really do anything about it

but it has been relapsing, with slight rash and I just KNOW this stuff is in my system, I don't feel 100% and haven't since this happened...

please dont tell me to go and see a doctor, because that is ABSOLUTELY out of the question for a few different reasons

any advice on detoxing; besides the usual eat healthy greens, vegies, drink water, ect,ect

I think i'm going to get my juicer sent up to me and start having regular vegie jucies ... I've heard beetroot and celery are great for detoxing

any more advice... this really sucks and I just want to be well again

:\

i know you don't want to hear it, but if you seriously think that exposure to toxic chemicals has sickened you for months, go to a doctor already.

if u have any witnesses u might get compensation for damages if ur employed and u can prove it

I'm curious mr p....why would you not want to go see a doctor?

I have an irrational dis-liking for the medical system due to past experiences

its not like i'm coughing up blood and my arms are melting off ... its just a subtle feeling of being out-of-balance and its most likely a combination of this and other personal challenges in my life right now ...

I am open to finding a healer/naturopath but there's not much alternative options where i'm from...

the other reason is because I don't want to get health and saftey officers involved ... I don't want compesnation and I like my boss heaps and he's the one who would have to cough up the money

technically the poisoning was my own fault (even though it was a leak in the spray tank, i should have been aware of this before spraying)

I'm gonna get my juicer back and start the vegie cleanser

metsulfuron-methyl

Associate Herbicide: MSDS

*shudders*

I haven't sprayed since but I really will need to eventually, which is why I am considering quitting this job (despite the opportunities it holds)

note to self: HEALTH IS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT !

fasting and sweating. bikram yoga is crazy detox

There's no such thing as detoxing. It is not a medical term and it has no basis in physiology or biology. It's BS.

^^what do you call toxins exiting one's body then?

Mehm, sweat, defecation, and urination? Metabolism?

For the most part 'toxins' are metabolized into non-toxic substances by your liver without any human intervention. Usually within a few minutes or hours of your exposure/ingestion.

The few things which bioaccumulate, like PCBs and dioxins and elemental mercury... there's no proven method of removing these from your body. No liver flushes or raw food diets are going to help you with these lipid soluble poisons.

EDIT: I'm reading stuff on this chemical you dermally had contact with. It states that its toxicity is very low. IT doesn't seem carcinogenic. It does not bio accumulate and is quickly broken down and released by the body.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/maintenance/pdf/Metsulfuron.pdf

It seems that the other ingredients,amorphous silica is really only possibly bad if u inhale it. They are not even sure if its bad if inhaled yet. Skin is a pretty good protecting organ.

Are u sure u are feeling bad cuz of this chemical. Maybe the worrying has something to do with how you feel. Mind is a powerful thing.

Try to sweat like a pig by workout or sauna or etc

after enough liquid passing through your kidneys I think it will clear up

It think u will be ok, these chemicals don't seem like they will any long term damage. U just had irritation right after. My assumption is that it might be something else that is bothering u know. Just give that a thought.

What will a doctor do anyways in a situation like this? Do they have a magic way of cleaning out the system? Seriously, only like 10% of the time I went to see a doc I was cured of my problem. Other part I was pushed antidepressants and other drugs and other times I was told its nothing just live with it. And I did have good docs, even Harvard schooled, many of them.

Last edited:
I agree with coolio. No matter how much you've had spilt down your back, by now your body has naturally "detoxed" it.

It seems to me that most people who believe in "detoxing" do so out of not knowing much about how the body works. I say the best thing to do at the moment is teach yourself as much as you can about how your body deals with toxins.

I second Jams and coolio, and thank InTherapy82 for doing the research on this one. You're gonna have to get over that fear of doctors and start getting regular check ups though, dude. That fear will KILL you if something ever gets out of wack.

>>sweat, defecation, and urination? Metabolism?>>

so increasing all of these things would in fact "detox" someone, no?

I don't think you can increase the speed that your liver breaks down metsulfuron-methyl.

Wouldn't increasing blood flow and enzyme levels do it? Possibly with the aid of another "detoxing" agent, such as a special herb? The liver isn't a static entity that is the same from person to person, or even day to day. If your liver is functioning at a high level, toxins are broken down more quickly, no?

There's no such thing as detoxing. It is not a medical term and it has no basis in physiology or biology. It's BS.

so whats your opinion on accupuncture and alternative healing?

coz I had a nightmarish experience going thru the western medical system when i was 17.

All these doctors seemed to view the body as a machine, ect, ect...

so eventually I went and saw a naturopath/acupuncturist who treated my whole energy system and from the very beginning it just felt right and every week my symptoms were healing and I eventually got on top of the dis-ease

i DO appreciate western medicine and i remind myself that it has saved my life... so i do see the major benefits of the western medical system, I just feel this way of thinking can become very narrow-minded if seen as 'the only way'

Last edited:
Are u sure u are feeling bad cuz of this chemical. Maybe the worrying has something to do with how you feel. Mind is a powerful thing.

yeh look, i definitely am processing emotional stuff right now, i definitely see that as apart the challenges. BUT the rash is exactly the same as the one I got straight after being poisoned, so this would indicate a direct connection to the chemicals

thanks for finding that info, but would you really trust what they have to say about these chemicals, and have they actually tested it on humans to see what the real effects are ???

Try to sweat like a pig by workout or sauna or etc

my friend suggested this recently, not a bad idea.... a sweat lodge would be perfect for me right now

My assumption is that it might be something else that is bothering u know. Just give that a thought.

I have given it a LOT of thought (maybe too much) and I definitely feel out of balance on a lot of different levels, I feel disempowered and although apart of me has this big vision to cycle to Indonesia, another part is just confused and unsure about everything.... (jeez, I could go on and on about my self-created 'problems' but somehow i don't think that will help, i just feel it re-inforces them and especially the illusion of powerlessness to change them)

What will a doctor do anyways in a situation like this? Do they have a magic way of cleaning out the system? Seriously, only like 10% of the time I went to see a doc I was cured of my problem.

exactly, i totally agree... the doctors is of no help in this situation.. if anything i just need to find someone who is super switched on to just talk about my feelings of stuckness and lack of energy/drive/willpower to act on my ever-flowing creative visions that just don't seem to be happening :\

i think one of my major problems is a sense of isolation and lack of community in my life right now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.