• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom and nausea - a question about completely eliminating nausea

kjobo

Bluelighter
I read in some thread that nausea from kratom is most likely caused from all the dirt and stems that come with it. Apparently eating dirt causes severe nausea because it settles on the bottom of the stomach and rests there. This makes a lot of sense, because whenever I take a lot of fiber after eating kratom it helps a lot with the nausea. If this is truly the case I would assume washing the kratom would get rid of nausea almost completely and the remaining unpleasantness would only be cause from it's diuretic properties. Does anyone know if kratom can be washed without hurting the potency?

Last edited by a moderator:
This talk of cats and dogs is not allowed, read the rules. I have removed and edited several posts to "reflect" this.
Hint: we aren't drugs-forum. Those guys are a bunch of tykes.

As for your question:
If your kratom has dirt in it, I sincerely feel for you - you should discard it. The nausea is probably caused by consuming a whole lot of alkaloidal plant matter! Think of consuming several grams of crushed Tylenol or something; it's not neccesarily going to make your stomach/intestines happy. Diluting it in yoghurt or something might help. The active principles in kratom are water soluble, so anything more than rinsing of the fresh leaves is likely to wash the good stuff away.

Overdoses of kratom can also cause fairly severe nausea and disorientation. Perhaps you are simply taking too much, or taking it too often. Kratom is not solely an opioid drug - it has other actions too that can cause your body to reject it.

Last edited:
Kratom & Nausea

I'm not trying to be inflammatory at all, or go against forum policy, just adding $.02.

Nausea and GI issues could be caused by quantity - but that would take a boatload in personal experience 8o. If there is dirt in your product, you are being unfairly victimized. Cut and run asap!

We have customers that use kratom, specifically to reduce nausea associated with varying illness and physiological maladies.

Unfortunately no regulation (in US) works both ways.

Lying down tends to reduce most Kratom (or other opioid) induced nausea. A good chaser such as sweet yoghurt or cola also helps.

Go for a walk, especially if it's cold out. That will kill most of the nausea I have found. I use kratom nearly every day, and get faced with the nausea...every day. The best things to fight against it are eating something absorbent before taking your kratom (but not stuffing your face), diluting your kratom in OJ or water, taking an antacid, or simply lowering your dosage. Try different strains too.

Having said that, if you have dirt in your kratom, at least enough to where you notice it, you're getting ripped off. Dirt = dead weight.

The nausea can be caused by two things a) dehydration from prolonged use of Kratom, without proper hydration and supplementation, and/or b) an excessive dose. If you're new to Kratom, it's probably the latter. If not, get a good multi-mineral supplement that provides higher than RDA value of potassium (this is depleted with prolonged Kratom use) and take in at least 80 ounces of water a day. More if you are physically active throughout your day. A healthy individual requires 60 ounces a day MINIMUM. However, Kratom is a diuretic and just as if you were on a prescription diuretic, you will require additional fluids and occasionally supplements. I recommend any long time frequent users of Kratom getting regular blood work done to check mineral levels, specifically potassium. If low, you'll need to supplement or discontinue use of Kratom.

I speak from personal experience with dehydration that caused heart problems from a severe electrolyte imbalance that went unchecked. I would get severe nausea from the dehydration.

READ ME TO CURE NAUSEA

Quite simply, if you are experiencing nausea, then do not consume the actual plant content. What you must do is make a tea. The first few times I used Kratom, I consumed the whole plant (about 1.5grams) and I experienced terrible nausea. I did a little thinking and research and decided to make a tea. It took me 3-4 attempts to find the correct dose, but when I did, I virtually eliminated the nausea.

What I do is put "X" grams into a Keurig coffee maker filter - the one's that you can reuse. I run the mixture through 3 times, as to extract all the contents thoroughly. Then I consume it on an empty stomach. Also, it's a good idea to pre-load with some baking soda. About 1-2 tsp.

And that's pretty much it. That should either eliminate or significantly reduce nausea. If you are experiencing nausea, then something is wrong. Because there's no need for that. If you are experiencing nausea, reexamine what you're doing.

I registered JUST to post this. It'll be my first and last post. I just thought people needed to know. Hopefully this helps some random people surfing for the terms "nausea+kratom" and comes across this post.

Best of luck

The only time kratom has ever caused nausea for me is when I bought some for the first time and ate 30-40grams of plain leaf, extremely dizzy and probably would have vomited if I had eaten something. Not a fun night. I've been a daily user almost for two years and kratom rarely causes me to be nauseous. Maybe you are just eating too much? I don't get nauseous easily anymore though now that I think about it as I haven't thrown up in years , probably the last time I drank alcohol or something.

If you made a tea and filtered it a few times that would get rid of the dirt. Although I doubt it is dirt that is causing it and if it is then you need to get kratom elsewhere.

What doses are you taking? Plain leaf or extracts?

READ ME TO CURE NAUSEA

Quite simply, if you are experiencing nausea, then do not consume the actual plant content. What you must do is make a tea. The first few times I used Kratom, I consumed the whole plant (about 1.5grams) and I experienced terrible nausea. I did a little thinking and research and decided to make a tea. It took me 3-4 attempts to find the correct dose, but when I did, I virtually eliminated the nausea.

What I do is put "X" grams into a Keurig coffee maker filter - the one's that you can reuse. I run the mixture through 3 times, as to extract all the contents thoroughly. Then I consume it on an empty stomach. Also, it's a good idea to pre-load with some baking soda. About 1-2 tsp.

And that's pretty much it. That should either eliminate or significantly reduce nausea. If you are experiencing nausea, then something is wrong. Because there's no need for that. If you are experiencing nausea, reexamine what you're doing.

I registered JUST to post this. It'll be my first and last post. I just thought people needed to know. Hopefully this helps some random people surfing for the terms "nausea+kratom" and comes across this post.

Best of luck

Ok, I know this guy probably isn't going to reply but does anyone else have experience with a Keurig? I've been simmering Kratom for 15-20 minutes, and that works wonders... it really sucks consuming all that grainy crap, what a much more pleasant experience to drink an extract where I dont feel like my stomach is about to turn upside down.

I do have a Keurig, but am skeptical about using it, one because the Keurig does not get nearly as hot as water on the stove, two because it takes about 15-20 seconds to do 3 runs (as mentioned above), vs. 15-20 minutes of cooking it on the stove top. I have no experience in extracting stuff, btw.

Any Kratom users do their daily Kratom extract through Keurig? any tips or advice?

what strain are you using ? meang da is the worst if dosed too high but best euphoria out em all.....drop some dramamine in thier to reduce the neasua

Ok, I know this guy probably isn't going to reply but does anyone else have experience with a Keurig? I've been simmering Kratom for 15-20 minutes, and that works wonders... it really sucks consuming all that grainy crap, what a much more pleasant experience to drink an extract where I dont feel like my stomach is about to turn upside down.

I do have a Keurig, but am skeptical about using it, one because the Keurig does not get nearly as hot as water on the stove, two because it takes about 15-20 seconds to do 3 runs (as mentioned above), vs. 15-20 minutes of cooking it on the stove top. I have no experience in extracting stuff, btw.

Any Kratom users do their daily Kratom extract through Keurig? any tips or advice?

Stick to what you’re used to, bud. It mightttt compress it better which releases whatever is water soluble quicker… but I don’t see it extracting as quickly as coffee does.

I’m SURE his method works a bit, and it really might, honestly, be better to give it just a try? Though really, I’d just do it the way you do it. If you have any weed to go along, maybe? That stamps out nausea very well.

Stick to what you’re used to, bud. It mightttt compress it better which releases whatever is water soluble quicker… but I don’t see it extracting as quickly as coffee does.

I’m SURE his method works a bit, and it really might, honestly, be better to give it just a try? Though really, I’d just do it the way you do it. If you have any weed to go along, maybe? That stamps out nausea very well.

The only reason im interested in Kratom is because im using it as a replacement for weed to take the edge off of back aches / give me a pleasant mood (after work), which it does excellently. I really want a solid 3-6 months break from weed.

Anyway took your advice and gave it a shot myself, first thing the reusable keurig cup I had still leaked a bit of powder through, also it might be my tolerance rising but definitely felt way less of an effect at the same exact dose vs the other method.

i know this is an old thread but ill ask anyways ive used kratom 3 times now the first was pretty awesome the second started great and then got sort of nauseating and the 3rd time it was not as strong but the nausea was just as strong if not worse than the second time. My dose was about 1 and a halp tsp the first time i would think it was about 3.5g possibly up to 4g. Second was 1 TBSP i think about 5g and the 3rd about 7g. the doses must have been slightly higher because in these 3 doses i consumed 18g. they were 3 days in a row once per day i will try again in a few days a lower dose but is that the problem could i just be dosing to high? also laying still and weed both worsen the nausea for me??