• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mixing Vyvanse (lisdextroamphetamine) and Concerta (methylphenidate)

gingervitus

Bluelighter
I was supposed to get some molly for a Halloween dance I have to work at for school tomorrow night but that's not happening but the best thing I could get my hands on last minute was 6 54mg Concertas, plus a dose of 60mg Vyvanse from a friend a good 4/5 days a week. I was wondering if I could take the Vyvanse in the morning and then redose with a couple oral doses of Concertas a few hours before the dance (starts at 7) to keep me speeding through school and having fun through the dance -- with a shitty crash later that night or the next morning. Does anyone have any experience mixing these two or any pharmacological information about how they should mix? Or any other advice pertaining how to dose for the best experience? I was so pumped for that Molly all week and then it didn't work out so I just need something to keep me having fun man.

Well, I have mixed methamphetamine and cocaine. I found that it was contradicting for me. If I recall cocaine is a reuptake inhibitor and meth an a releasing agent. same with how methylphenidate is a reuptake inhibitor and lisdexamphetamine(prodrug of l-lysine and d-amphetamine) is a releasing agent. For me, the cocaine controlled the meth. Put it this way. inhibitors block the vacuum and releasing agents turn the vacuum into a pump instead. That is only what I theorize. Everyone is different, so I only speculate that it would either A. control the effects of vyvanse or B. could potentially lead you to a hypertensive crisis and could lead you to a higher risk of a heart attack, stroke, or cardiac arrhythmia. I'm not too sure about it's pharmacological profile of the combination of the two drugs combined, so don't take my word for it.

Edit: I would rather just take the vyvanse. Leave the concerta for tests, exams, etc.

Thing is that I've got a decent tolerance to d-amp, come up is still relatively euphoric but bums out after four hours or so into just feeling like I'm having a good day sober. I'd rather try out the concerta all day if I was to do just one just because of my tolerance.

I wouldn't take concerta at all, but if you absolutely HAVE to take the drugs, then take the vyvanse last.

Well, I have mixed methamphetamine and cocaine. I found that it was contradicting for me. If I recall cocaine is a reuptake inhibitor and meth an a releasing agent. same with how methylphenidate is a reuptake inhibitor and lisdexamphetamine(prodrug of l-lysine and d-amphetamine) is a releasing agent. For me, the cocaine controlled the meth. Put it this way. inhibitors block the vacuum and releasing agents turn the vacuum into a pump instead. That is only what I theorize. Everyone is different, so I only speculate that it would either A. control the effects of vyvanse or B. could potentially lead you to a hypertensive crisis and could lead you to a higher risk of a heart attack, stroke, or cardiac arrhythmia. I'm not too sure about it's pharmacological profile of the combination of the two drugs combined, so don't take my word for it.

Edit: I would rather just take the vyvanse. Leave the concerta for tests, exams, etc.

Well, while I wouldn't recomend combining both, I've found that using DRI's after amphetamines seems to potentiate the DRI's effect, even a weak one such as bupropion (Wellbutrin,Zyban).

^This. Also what Znegative said, but I also wouldn't recommend it, and I don't want to multi-quote.

NEVER is it a good idea to mix methylphenidate or d-methylphenidate or cocaine w/ amphetamines. It is incredibly dangerous. Hell, even the dose of Concerta you want to take would be TOO much, even if it were by itself. You may have amphetamine tolerance, but not methylphenidate tolerance, and even if you would - taking a few Concerta 54's is asking for trouble with mind and body, and I am still speaking about Concerta on its own. DO NOT MIX Concerta w/ Vyvanse. It is very, very dangerous - I cannot emphasize how much it is, but it is due to their different mechanisms of action, which, together, will sky-rocket the general stimulation into VERY unsafe territory. If you want to have a special time, and be more "up", take an extra Vyvanse, if you must, just DO NOT MIX.