View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Plateau Sigma Trips

dankhead88

Bluelighter
I am highly experienced on DXM and have done 708mg alot. I think I might have a mild case of HPPD or its just me getting placebo'd. I have some visual disturbances such as; static vision, very mild CEV's, and some auras around some objects. I was wondering if plateau sigma would be bad and if it can give me psychotic breaks and such. I have 1080mg with me now and I might be planning a Dextrip tomorrow night. Can it be a high risk of psychotic breaks or can I be safe?

"I have some visual disturbances such as; static vision, very mild CEV's, and some auras around some objects. "

doesn't it seem to YOU like thats not right?

Just to inform those who havn't heard of Plateau Sigma (a DXM affair)

It's on this link http://www.third-plateau.org/faq/dxm_experience.shtml
The authors warning i'll include here.

Again, let me warn you of the dangers here. You are probably stepping head first into psychosis, and unless you've got a very good trip sitter, you might end up coming back to reality in a padded room. Or, if you're really unlucky, you might freak out, have a hypertensive crisis, and end up in the hospital. Chronic high-dose use of PCP has been implicated both in deterioration of some brain areas and in cerebral hemorrhages. While PCP stands somewhat alone among dissociatives due to its additional and peculiar pharmacology, one should always be cautious when blazing trails in uncharted territory.

Sounds like it'll be one intense experience. I definitely recommend to have a trip sitter for this attempt at plateau sigma. Just to be with you incase you lose connection with reality and/or you start seriously freaking out and start dangerous acting out. All of which sounds very possible from the FAQ and from DXM's well known dissociative properties. Be well prepared for this journey and you could have a very awesome trip.

Take care

A quote to keep in mind:
Over half the people who had a Plateau Sigma experience have said it was extremely unpleasant and that they would never repeat it.
taken from the dxm faq.

I havent tried a sigma trip yet - but if your usually doing 708mg thats what high second plateau/low third plateau? I would suggest explore the 4th plateau before diving into sigma - from the descriptions of sigma is you will be in a similar state to the 4th plateau however this will be experienced in the real world as opposed a 4th plateau trip where you are in the dex equivalent of a k-hole where any contact/interaction with the real world is almost impossible.

Also, if you are already developing hppd symptons then think carefully about any further drug use - it is a possibility that you are going to be stuck with it for the rest of your life. Although I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I have had what could be described as mild hppd symptons all my life and drug use (esp dxm) exponentially increases it yet I am also planning a dex trip in the next few days 8(

Ah, thanks for all your help everybody. Yeah, I guess I'll do plateau sigma when I have a friend with me and explore 4th first. Sigma seems really crazy from the experiences I've read from erowid.

"I have some visual disturbances such as; static vision, very mild CEV's, and some auras around some objects. "

doesn't it seem to YOU like thats not right?

I can perfectly ignore it with no problems, but I can definately notice some chance in my everyday life.

Yes, great idea. I didn't know you havn't done a 4th plateau yet. Definitely explore that plateau before attempting the highly respected "plateau sigma"

Man Even plateau 4 is something out of this world. I used to be really into DXM and i only made it to #3 and even today - after much high dose Psilocybin and LSD use - it still etches a groove in my mind as a very, very unique experience that will never be replicated

proceed with caution. And write a trip report!

Well, just so you guys noticed, he said he was planning on a 1080 trip. I think you should go ahead, if you feel prepaired, and take 1080, as thats a perfect dose for an "introductory" 4th plateau dose. I don't know your bodyweight or anything, but im 165, and 1080 is roughly my favorite dose to take for a serious trip! Anyway, go ahead. You wont hit sigma, but you should be able to explore the 4th pretty well. Just make sure to lie down in a dark room, thats the BEST thing to do on that dose in my opinion, mindblowing. Peace

I find dose over 1000 mg to be unpleasant (too fucked up/disoriented to enjoy the trip)

But my very favourite dosage is exactly 900mg (on empty stomach, meaning 4hours after your last meal)
No alcohol !!! (not even a single beer with such a high dosage)

If you're using pure DXM powder (absorbed much more quickly by the stomach than DXM OTC gellcaps) then do it this way: swallow a 200mg pill, wait 20-25minutes, swallow another 200mg pill, wait 20-25 minutes and swallow a 250mg pill, wait 20-25 more minutes and swallow the very last 250mg pill .
....if you don't space the pills this way and take the whole dose (of pure powder) at once, then you will very probably get an unpleasant come up, too intense with too much side effects which could ruin the all trip (especially the euphoric & dreamy parts of it).

Enjoy the ride :)

900mg is a wonderful dosage, much less confusing than 1000mg but also much much more mystical than 600-700mg.

Better do it at home, by night (with moderate room lighting), with two friends (beeing three people is the best for dxm, allows you to sit down into a small circle and feel energies running between people).
And the essential thing is to play some trippy chill-out mystical music :
the 2 cd compilation called "spiritual worlds" is the best I have found for dxm trips...playing it for the first 3 hours always push me in a completely mystical state, truly beautiful (usually people don't even wanna change the cd for the all trip long as it's just the perfect sound for the dxm space).
Avoid watching tv for the first 4hours as it would ruin the spiritual part of the voyage.

Last edited:
about plateau sigma:

i did this. it may have been complicated by the fact that i had recently quit smoking, but it did almost kill me.

think of sigma as a ritual, not a drug experience (note the timing of the doses), one that acts to summon a spiritual entitiy IN THE FLESH to this world. one has very little control over which entity. this also happened to will white, the author of the faq, from personal communication. i do no think he would mind my disclosure as long as it serves as a warning.

what happened to me: i did it outside, at a gay pride festival, dosing during the day. that night, near my car, it hit me. the sky split open. i could see into the spirit world directly, like a rift. i was astounded. then Xochipilli, the aztec prince of flowers and drugs, came through. he picked me up and threw me down onto the pavement, spreadeagle to the stars. i knocked the shit out of my head. when i came around and tried to stand up, blam, again. and again and again. Xochipilli is a hungry god, and he, like all aztec gods, eats pain and death. many hours later, a bum came by and gave me a cigarette, which stopped the trip.

convulsion or divine power? does it matter?

i looked like i'd been dragged behind a truck. bruises, lacerations and a concussion or two. i remember that before it started, my palms bled, and i thought, "that's dumb, jesus was nailed through the wrists". i'd have to say that the experience did grant me a great amount of spiritual power, and some caution. it is not recommended.

Delsym&Sigma Plateau

Sigma Plateau is achieved by redosing when your sigma receptors are weakened.
The extended release mechanism causes you to continously redose.
I always thought of DXM polistyrex as the lesser of the DXMs but lately it's been doing a much better job getting me high than HBR.
So with it's unlimited redosing capabilities is there some sort of correlation between the extended release and sigma?

Doesn't DXM antagonise sigma receptors only after saturation of its other target neruons?

I bet it's no easier to get to plateau sigma with polisterex compared to hydrobromide

why would there be?

Isn't plateau sigma the most damaging of the plateaus?

I personally would NOT advise doing this.

Its bad first of all. Plateau sigma might as well be called the emergency room. You dont need it. Even 4th plateau cant be all that good.

Im quite the delsymfan (see name) and I find it works wonders. Its basically 2 6 hour doses spread apart. Half now, half later. You could possibly stagger 2 bottles of it, like take two of them a couple hours apart. But I dont advise that either.

Personally I think its best to leave sigma alone. I never have, and have vowed not to try. I personally wont go over around 12mg/kg. Thats my cap and its served me well.

planning a sigma journey.

my question to you guys is what should i do prior to taking this journey? i looking for people to talk abotu their experinces, not trip reports, just what to expect eg:have a trip sitter, drink plenty of water stay cool, take you vitamins, ect, ect. thanks for your help. BTW i googled and searched on here, didnt fin much but trip reports/ they are kinda helpful but not really waht i am looking for.

Yeah... I didn't respond because I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking except for basic tripping guidelines...

Someone you truly trust as a tripsitter is nice... other than that... just have things somewhat planned for yourself to do... even if you don't follow what you set out... it's better than worrying about what you are about to do.

Other than that, just bring a positive mindset. :)

I think it means a high level DXM experience.

Honestly not too many of the regulars here do DXM often so you might not get lots of replies to this. Your best bet is to do what you've been doing. Reading trip reports from sigma trips is a pretty good source of information I would think.

I take it you're looking for someone with a few sigma experiences you could IM or thread-chat with.

I don't know anyone on here that would fit that off hand but if anyone else knows someone with that kind of info please redirect the OP. :)