• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Relative Potency of Hydrocodone vs. Oxycodone

TDogge

Bluelighter
I know this question has been asked before, so I apologize in advance:
Can anyone compare the potencies of hydrocodone and oxycodone? Please don't say that one vicodin equals one percocet, because vicodin contains hydrocodone in 5, 7.5, and 10 mg doses. Try to be specific. Thanks.

On a MG for MG basis they arent comparable because Hydrocodone is a weak agonist and oxycodone is a strong agonist like demerol and morphine. The hydros are always weaker than the oxy's like dilaudid and oxymorphone. If you are just using the pain theraputic index then they are probably about equal with oxy being a slight bit stronger at the same dose. If you have 7.5mg of hydro in a pill then its about equal to a 5mg percocet, bear in mind hydro will never be as strong as oxy.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)

"The hydros are always weaker than the oxy's like dilaudid and oxymorphone."
Dilaudid = hydromorphone
Where do you get off calling it a oxy?

dilaudid is hydromorphone, but people dont know the name of oxymorphone as well so i used the real name instead, and i was refering to the fact dilaudid being a hydro is weaker than oxymorphone.
smile.gif

------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)