Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Robitussin

feelingnice

Bluelighter
I took Robitussin @ 8:30am, sore throat, nothing serious, probably could have drank some tea and been fine, but.....
do you think I'll be fine by 11pm tonight? Drinking TONS of water throughout the day of course......

8.30 am -- til 11pm... is 14.5 hours. Hmm, actually I just realised it's 2.30am now - hope you dose low just to be on the safe side. If it was a normal dose of DXM (like 5-10mL for cough suppression), you'll be fine that duration later. Don't go double dropping just in case.

BigTrancer :)

So your not taking it for the DXM experience I take it? Depends on which Robotussin you had as each one contains different ingredients.

Think I'm missing something here. I'm not really up to scratch on the recreational use of all the dif medicines, tablets, you know legal stuff. Robitussin is cough mixture right? What does it do for ya? What sorta high does it give you and how much of it you have to take?

Beech out

Thanx Cowboy Mac,
Very helpful info there. Do you know if Contac CoughCaps are available here in Aus. I never heard of them and it sez they are not available in USA. They are spose to be an excellent source of DM, containing 30mg in each cap. I assume that Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough is available here.

Well I'll be off to try and find some anyway. Sounds like a bit of fun

Beech out

It was the secret ingridient in the Flaming Moes :D

8F08.jpg

Thanx for da help ppl,
Gor Robitussin DX last night and probably took around 150mls. Dont know exactly how much as i took a few doses throughout the night. I think the strangest part of the experience was how pleasent tasting it was, my memories from childhood were of cough medicine being very yuk.
In summary I had an amazing night full of weird visuals and lots of freaky shit happening while watching DVD in my bedroom. I've never had an experience quite like it and I would imagine i'll give it another shot. However this time i will hide my mobile phone so I cant make a load of crazy phone calls. I managed to worry the hell out of 2 really really close friends and piss off some others who just thought i was drunk or something. Then there were also a heap of calls to numbers i dont know so i hate to think how long each of these calls went for. (worked all this out from call register on phone and from calls i got today from concerned friends)

All in all good fun

Beech out

Have a read of Erowid's DXM Experience Vault - you'll find stories exactly like that, great description of DXM.

No, you can't. Well, you can, but it's potentially very harmful. Do a search on "DXM* MDMA" and look for things like 'contraindication' and 'serotonin syndrome' - the short story is that it makes you overheat and you can get really sick.

Had my first shot at Rob DX last night. Had approx 8 drinks in the previous 7 hrs, so not much all all. Then had only 70ml of Rob DX. Sat down, switched the lights off and flicked a few channels.... must say it was an enjoyable experince and if I had any more left would have sucked the rest down. Got a little overheated (I'm thinking the alcohol must have done this)... when I stood up seemed to have a little weightlessness feeling and confusion. When I sat back down everything was great again.. but then the pizza man pressed the buzzer and it scared the crap outa me.... jumped up time a cat, what what what.... after that, all fine. Started watching the footy show and the screen started to look like i could put my hand in it... Russell Crowe was on and i thought he had pig tales in his hair or was try to look like a pixie or something.... talking crap, be it was moment. All that on just 70ml & alcohol. looking forward to a bigger dose. Think I'll go to 150ml next time.:|

Quick questions, wasn't able to find answer at Erowid - how long after you have DXM is it safe to take MDxx substances? (talking days here, not hours)

Don't know if this will help. Taken from Beauty in Dissonance

Enzymes Involved ]

Cytochrome P450 system (CYP-2D6, CYP-3A4, et al.)
CYP-2D6 is also known as debrisoquine 4-hydroxylase.
CYP-2D6 alone is responsible for metabolizing DXM into DXO via a process called O-demethylation.
The other enzymes metabolize DXM into 3-HM and 3-MM. 3-Methoxymorphinan can itself inhibit cytochrome P450-2D6 activity.
The half-life of DXM-Hydrobromide in plasma is about 11 hours.

The hydrobromide salt of DXM is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract within 30 minutes of ingestion, and all of it may enter the bloodstream. DXM is always metabolized through two pathways, the P450-2D6 and the P450-3A, but it always ends up as 3-hydroxymorphinan (3HM.) When DXM is metabolized by CYP2D6, it turns into DXO first, which is then converted to 3HM by the CYP3A. Most normal individuals, that is, those with no CYP2D6 deficiency, will metabolize roughly 90% of DXM in this way. Occasionaly, and especially when all the P450-2D6 enzymes have been saturated, DXM will be converted to 3-methoxymorphinan by a 3A enzyme first, which is in turnconverted to 3HM by a 2D6 (when one becomes available.)

..and this from London Toxicology Group

Drug levels
single 20mg oral dose.
Blood 0.0018mg/L peak level at 2.5 hours

single 30mg oral dose.
Blood 0.0038mg/L peak level at 2 hours

The plasma half-life is about 11 hours, and antitussive activity can last for 5—6 hours. Dextrorphan and its conjugates (glucuronide and sulphate) are excreted in urine as well as traces of unchanged drug dextromethorphan.

Dextromethorphan blood concentrations of 9.2 micrograms/milliliter was found in an 18-year-old female and 3.3 micrograms/milliliter in an 27-year-old male found dead, Rammer et al (1988).
Dextromethorphan whole blood level of 5.09 mg/L was found in a 22-year-old female fatality due to overdose of an unknown quantity of dextromethorphan and terfenadine, Kintz & Mangin (1992).