Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2,5-Dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
Back in the very early 90's I used to use a fair bit of acid. Anywho one of my all time fave trips were Computer Graphics. They were big fat bits of cardboard that appeard to be laminated. These things used to go for at least 12 hours, if not more so, I also remember Redlines that were similar that would go for at least 12 hours as well.
The actual trip would only go for about 10 or 11 hours but one would stay awake almost in a speed like state for at ;least 24 hours.

I thought nothing of it at the time, and I remember a neighbour telling me that his Aunty got busted with some Computer Graphics and when the police had analysed them the chemical found in them was'nt LSD but aand I quote "neuro-amphetamine".

This meant nothing to me at that stage, but as I have gotten older and done a bit more reasearch I have discovered that the Computer Graphics may have indeed been 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-bromoamphetamine (or DOB for short)!

All of the effects seem to be the same and you require but a small ammount fo it on blotter paper to get a "trip".

Taken from:http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dob/dob_journal1.shtml

Another hallucinogen is purveyed in blotter paper units. That agent is 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine, known frequently in laboratory studies as DOB but also as bromo-DMA (1). According to 19 anonymous brief notations in the Drug Enforcement Administration bulletin Microgram (vols. VI-XIV, 1973-1981), since 1972 DOB has repeatedly been found sold in blotter paper doses in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, West Germany, and Greece. Extractable drug averaged .93-2.8 mg per dosage unit for analyses from the United States. Delliou (1) found individual squares to contain 1.4-4.6 mg. In most sales of DOB on blotter paper, it was being misrepresented as LSD (caveat emptor!), to which it is unrelated chemically.

My question is this: Would there have been more DOB used on blotters than LSD? (as it does'nt break down as easy as LSD)

When I think back on the trips I suspect that were DOB based I recall that there was hardly any headfuck to them, just mad visuals and some tummy upsets at the peak.
I base this on the comparison to Microdots I was having around that time and I feel that they were proper LSD.
I also found that the visuals on the suspected DOB trips did not have as much 'depth' or 'meaning', it was more eyecandy.
Fun none the less.

Anywho,anyone got any input?

During the late 70's/early 80's in NZ the first trips we ever saw were DOM. They were very thick blotters and possibly weren't that strong as some people took several in one night. At first we thought this was LSD but the effects weren't completely as I'd expected.

How we found out they were DOM and not acid was from a front page newspaper article which printed the picture on the front page along with a warning about the toxicity of DOM etc..

The starting material for many tri-substituted PEAs/AMPs is alpha-asarone from calamus oil or sweet flag. As it is such a versatile compound, much work has gone on with asarone in clandestine labs over the years. Although alpha-asarone is a propenyl benzene, meaning the double bond is in the right place, it does not behave in some reactions as similar compounds do, thus the chem forums have discussed this subject in depth over recent years.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we start to see more 2CX and DOX compounds in future, perhaps as an effort by producers to get round restrictions on MDMA chems. Some tryptamines have also been found on blotters (see microgram) selling as LSD

yeah your experience sounds a little similar to trying AMT (the last t starts for tryptamine) - this also is found on blotters apparently.

too bad DOB, tryptamines, 2cb etc arent more popular. so many drugs out there, so few available! (except for when they r substituted for more common stuff).