Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Speed Diet

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Have noticed a considerable physical change to my appearance, have managed to loose around 22 kgs in 6 months from taking speed every weekend anywhere from 0.5g - 2 gs. I feel much better as for the first time in my life I am not fat, my self esteem has improved by like a 100000%, can buy nice clothes that fit, etc , It has really changed me for the better, but what initial damage am I doing to myself. A lot of weekends involve dancing hard for hours and not eating and lots of smoking.

The speed diet, what do you think?

Well stimulants are still prescribed by doctors for weight loss occasionally.
If you're a happier person, then power to you. Personally I hate the fact that speed suppresses my appetite, I could probably do wiyth a little more weight.

When I've used speed in the past I was always happy to lose a few kilos and thought my body looked in much better shape, however I found that as soon as I stopped using it the weight came straight back on. So I wouldn't really look at it as a good answer to weight problems, more a quick fix.

But then again, thats probably why I started using drugs in the first place - a quick fix to all my problems, but something that never lasts.

I don't know the extent of your not eating/consuming speed binges... But regardless of the devices, if your body goes into starvation mode your metabolism will slow down and the weight is likely to come back on as you start eating again. This is because you've effectively starved your body to the point where it'll store anything it can get to make sure it's got the essentials for when you're not eating.

I've taken speed for 1 year, stoped lately, and I'm on the pingaz, though I can honestly say, I haven't gained nor lost 1 kilo for the last 4 years..

i don't even smoke cones, i just conciously eat the next day, and just eat like normal :)

wouldn't the speed diet be really expensive too? drug cost wise
Even if you take the stuff doctors prescribe, it's alot cheaper than buying speed all the time.

ive lost heaps of weight from meth binges and i can see how people would be happy with the weight loss.
have always been really trim and fit in the first place so i hate the weight loss associated, i think i look terrible.
im 6" tall and when i get to the max weight ive lost on meth i weight 57 kg's. its just to thin.
i usally weight like 67-69kg's.
my2c
DfI;)
it may not be te case in other people but i just lose too much weight.

Its good that you feel better due to the weight loss.
However the weight you have lost with the use of speed has come at a cost. The speed will decrease lean muscle volume over time aswel as burn fat due to the increase in metabolism and you not consuming food for extended periods of time.
Since the speed has reduced muscle mass ( muscle helps to burn calaries ) when you or if you even decide to stop taking the speed and return to a normal diet the weight will return.
Less muscle = less abilty to burn fat

when you or if you even decide to stop taking the speed and return to a normal diet the weight will return.

This is all helpful advice, but, in my opinion, 'weight loss' as a reason for using an illegal drug is not acceptabe.

As SteveElektro says, there are many alternitave medications which would have similar, more controlled results.

:)

^^^didnt say that using speed was acceptable or even a good idea for weight loss.
It will work, but only temporary as the weight will return.
Solid diet and exercise is the key.
Eating just under your bodies energy needs will result in gradual weight lose that can be kept, using speed is fast but the return of weight will also be fast.

What constitutes an 'acceptable' use for illegal drugs then? Is 'getting high' for hedonistic reasons any more valid as an acceptable excuse for using drugs, than 'getting thin' for aesthetic reasons and self-esteem?

BigTrancer :)

^^^ There is nothing wrong with using drugs for weight loss or cutting up. This is providing you know what you are doing. I'm a failry regular user of meth and I *put on* a bit of weight every month. This is of course weight in muscle. I have very little or no body fat left what so ever. Any bits that grow get eaten up every time i party. I go regularly to the gym and eat fairly healthy although I enjoy junk food from time to time. I weigh 75kg.

One must not forget that if you can't eat on meth, you are in trouble. Of course when you are totally of your head, you won't feel like food, but next morning, food is a must - just before you take the next toke, and pig out on protein rich food during the week. The more you excersise the more you'll feel like food also. Vitamins and supliments are great too, and I wish I didn't skimp on them often myself.

^^^^^so you gain muscle mass and use meth. Nice one but I dont think so. You must be blessed with very good genetics then because for the average user this would not happen.
Are you new to the gym, if you are this could possible explain your gains with the use of meth in between.
Speed will break down the muscle and the fat. Gaining muscle when you use speed is highly unlikely

Sorry Powder_Sports, I wasn't having a go at you (nice name by the way!).

BigTrancer, my point wasn't meant to imply that 'getting high for hedonistic reasons' is acceptable. What is not acceptable, in my opinion, is the use of an untested and possibly dangerous method of doing something that can be done safely in other ways.

Sounds like harm reduction to me :)

Food on drugs

Why dont you just eat on drugs ?

I spent a year training my body to eat on drugs (opium, speed and E) and have no problems eating on them now (when I am not peaking). I guess you should start with opiates (opium, codiene, ect) and try to eat on them, because they are even harder than party drugs to eat on. You quickly figure out what food your stomach can take and cannot take.

I have found that milo (mixed with water - not milk), is by far the easiest food to get down, and stay down. The milk fat helps calm the stomach. Milo is full of maltose, suger, vitamins and minerals, and amino-acids, and even a bit of gluten (which gets you high), and a bit of chocolate. It tastes good, and is easy to absorbe. I drink a jar of this stuff in the middle of a rave, and then sit down and talk with friends for about 30 minutes while chewing suger free gum, and after that I am fully charged up for the rest of the rave. It is just mind over matter.

Which makes me think of another point - how many grumpy people I see after 4am at raves - too many - and most of them think the 'pills have run out' but the idiots dont realise that pills have a 9 hour half life and they have low blood suger (some of them VERY low blood suger because some people do not eat dinner before going out - morons ), and low seratonin. I find MALT increases seratonin, and milo is about 50 % malt, about 25 % milk powder, and the rest suger and chocolate powder. Milk powder is full of tyrosine and phenylalanine and tryptophan so all your happy/high chemicals go up an hour or two later after eating this food.

Eating milo at 4am instead of another pill is HARM MINIMISATION