Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question about non-crystal speed

mutant

Bluelighter
Is it normal for speed that's *not* meth/crystal (i.e. the stuff that's made by cutting base) to *not* hurt on its way up? (did that make sense?)

I always thought that all good speed should hurt, but some non-meth stuff tried last night didn't hurt yet worked pretty well. And that got me thinking that maybe it's just crystal that hurts. What's the deal?
thank you*

Sometimes a little glucose powder (or lidocaine) can soothe out the burn like a charm...

BigTrancer :)

Summary of how I've generally found effects on the nose, assuming compound is as free as possible of water. References apply to a single line containing the equivalent Meth of ~10-15mg, using glucose as the cutting agent:

Pure Crystal -not sufficiently chopped Very savage. Tears, runny nose, sharp burning which may not subside for 30 mins or more

Pure crystal, finely ground to a powder Sharp sting which normally subsides fairly quickly (within 2-3min). Most is quickly absorbed through the nasal passage. No bad taste and little to swallow.

Base (Impure Crystal) Difficult to snort. Usually sticks to mucous membranes causing longer burning and running nose. Lots to swallow, lots of bad taste. Solvents etc, can be tasted for some time.

1:3 cut; crystal with glucose Reasonably sharp pain, which can subside within a minute or two. First few lines usually don't produce running nose.

10:1 cut Cuts of this degree are often seen in street speed. Often the glucose burns more than the meth as the line is quite large. Repeated dosing usually results in irritation to mucous membranes and sneezing.

Powdered Dexamphetamine sulphate (dexies) Terrible. Clogs nose for ages. Small effect for a lot of discomfort

Sulphate Crystal 1:3 cut Burning and initial discomfort. Nose dries quickly, but facial flush often experienced due to peripheral circulation stimulation. Amp effect shorter lasting than meth.

This is a very loose description of various cuts, as things vary so much. But when in want, and have had opportunity to obtain either concentrate or mixed, I have usually gone for the conc. and cut it myself. 10:1 cut is still quite powerful if you aren't a regular user. 1:3 definitely lessons the gunk in the nose, but also means you may have more than you need, that is before your nose signals the stop point.