Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

running on weed!

BloSs0m

Bluelighter
ok, other than dancing my arse off all weekend, and occasionally going to the gym every now adn then, i dont do a lot of excercise...

but the other night i ended up having to sprint down a side street, whilst compleatley stoned, because the party i was at was rolled and i didnt want to get fucked over by police... but anyway, enough of that i was running, and when usually i die from my lungs feeling like they are tearing apart screeching like metal being torn there was nothing... me and the road...

could this be a way to excercise??? will i still get the effects of a decent excercise regime?

Could it just have been that you were fucked up and didn't notice the pain? =)

I smoke myself, but trying to exercise is a bit of a waste of time when stoned I reckon. Apart from the laziness that comes when I choof, I think one of the best things about exercise is the satisfied feeling you get afterwards. I don't think this feeling would be anywhere near as good if you were affected.

We have all heard something similar to a line out of Vanilla Sky I wouyld imagine... "the sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
This is true. Exercise when you are straight or after effects have worn off.... the next time you get affected after the exercise will be that much more satisfying (if nothing else you will feel like you have earned it!)

It took the police to get you running when stoned... What are the odds of voluntary workouts happening when stoned? ;)

It'd probably be easier to simply make your gym visits more frequent.

Anyway, to answer your question I can't see why being stoned during exercise would prevent you from getting fitter... But seeing as smoking reduces the ability of your blood to carry oxygen, it's going to make it hard to achieve a sustained workout, especially just after a toke... So you might not be able to keep it up for long enough to get any serious exercise.

:)

I think you were just shit scarred of the cops and the adrenalin was responsible for your running performance. A long time ago, I read an article somewhere about a man doing a huge long jump over a ditch or something or rather which was around the long jump records while running away from a tiger or something. The man could not reproduce the jump even closely when attempting to do it later.

You said it BT =)

I still think forget trying when smoking, have a run then have a choof to relax afterwards

I used to get stoned, wait till I calmed down a bit then go to the gym. Never worked any harder than those instances. You dont feel the pain and the ridiculous weights you pump.

I know of two maori's that smoke quite heavily and they are boxers. They used to choof and then go to boxing training as they said that when they were str8 they could fight twice as good. From what i heard from a friend those guys ran and ran and ran and ran at training. Guess it depends on personal ambitions.

I've heard that it is far more difficult for regular weed smokers to build muscle via lifting weights, i'm not exactly sure why that is supposedly the case, does anyone else?

I reckon your athletic abilities are increased with E though. I've jumped clear over a friends double bed without a run up while pillin' my tits off, but when i try to do it straight I can't even get close :(

^^^^ thanks for pointing that out to us, i thought it was the different freshness levels of the air in his bedroom!!

Re running on weed : the adrenaline in your system as a result of the situation would have had a big bearing on your story

booza said:
I've heard that it is far more difficult for regular weed smokers to build muscle via lifting weights, i'm not exactly sure why that is supposedly the case, does anyone else?

I reckon your athletic abilities are increased with E though. I've jumped clear over a friends double bed without a run up while pillin' my tits off, but when i try to do it straight I can't even get close :(

What do you mean by regular usuage?