• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana withdrawal & nightmares?

SuGaRbUzZ

Bluelighter
I've decided for personal reasons to take a hiatus from smoking weed. I was never a heavy smoker to start with - usually just a pinch a day, just 3-4 hits off the pipe at most. Since I've stopped, though, about 3 days ago, I've noticed that every night, I have had an awful time sleeping, and that my rest has been just OVERWHELMED with a slew of maddening dreams... not necessarily all nightmares, but none of the dreams exactly comforting or beautiful. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do?

you take ecstasy its how you get over pot duh... that or heroin read our earlier post

ive never experienced anything like that with the amount you are using but when i stop after weeks of heavy use i can't sleep and have no apetite. i'm actually going through withdrawal right now cause i can't find any chronic and i refuse to waste money on mids. it's been 3 days since i stopped and i've slept a total of 5 hours and only eaten 2 meals. does anyone know a way i can get to sleep without weed? i stay up all night every night when i don't have it.

When i quit smoking i also had, and still do real shit dreams. Whether they were nightmares or not i'd just wake up uncomfortable.

what your experiencing is common

i got that now, i used to smoke 2-3g a day of green and havent smoked for 7days and had strange dreams 3-4 of the nights, but atleast i dont crave for pot anymore

Thanks for the feedback, guys. It's nice to know I'm not going mental here.

How long till the weird dreams stop? This is leaving me just dead tired in the mornings.

totally normal. im so used to not dreaming (or remembering my dreams) whenever i do dream i dont feel like i got any rest that night

Well i found after the hardwork of stoping cannabis, from several grams to under a gram a day... it was hard very hard, and hated every thing and every 1.

i eventually was dwn to 3g a week, which made me happy then i did my 1st pill and never crave ganja n e more...

so i guess find something else....... drink? mushrooms? anything else but pot...

i feel that too, mainly i always have some dank on hand, but when i dont and i havent been getting high for at least like 2 days, i fall into my normal dreaming pattern. like just yesterday i hadnt smoked any budz, woke up at about 6:30, went back to bed and slept for 2 more hours, but the thing was, was that my dream was so intense for me that it depleted all my energy and when i woke up i felt drained. ive noticed this on several occassions too.

Smoking weed before sleep reduces the amount of REM sleep you get. REM sleep is when you dream, so that is why when you get high before bed, you won't remember your dreams. When you quit smoking pot, the REM sleep comes back full force making you have very intense dreams. There is nothing you can really do to avoid this, your intense dreams will go away after about a week or so.

To get yourself to sleep, benzos are probably best, but just used for a couple of days. Benzo addiction is the last thing you want. I find that benadryl + a drink of alcohol works best for the first couple of days. After this, I tend to use a combination of melatonin, 5-htp, and valerian root to ease myself to sleep for a few days. Whatever you do, try to get up at the same time every day, even if you didn't get much sleep the day before. Your body will eventually get used to the new sleep schedule.

I've gone through this so many times. It really does suck. Not as much as running out of GBL though. Now that was shitty!

Nah, I won't mess with benzos... the whole point of this is to detox for a bit. Clean out my system. Start fresh. I've been taking melatonin to help with sleep, and that seems to help some... and the dreams are getting less troubling. Thanks again for the advice and feedback, all.

I would suggest you do some exercise in the afternoon, take a hot shower at night & go to bed with a book.
If you don't fall asleep after that go for the benzos, but only if you've really tried without drugs.

I had the same problem with the dreams, but only for three days after ceasing use. After that everything went back to normal...

I have been smoking pot everyday around 2-3 times a day and get NO withdrawl what so ever, just a desire to smoke pot but I sleep fine and doesn't cause problems like opiate withdrawl can(a real withdrawl) and i've been through hydrocodone withdrawl and weed is a walk in the park.

I think withdrawal from weed doesnt even exist. Applying this term (which is somewhat charged) to weed strikes me as stupid. When compared to things like methadone or heroin withdrawal, which i dont know personally but have some knowledge of, weed 'withdrawal' is a roll through a pillow factory.

Perhaps you should experience physical and psychological complications from suddenly stopping cannabis consumption after years of massive abuse. Because BELIEVE me - semantics such as "withdrawal" aside - it is fucking hell.

--- G.

Sure its hard to stop smoking weed but i havent heard of many people experiencing pain, nausea, cold sweats, chills, vomiting as a result of weed cessation....

I mean loss of appetite and nightmares is kindergarten....