• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Air-2 Digital THC Vaporizer "Smoke-Free"

K'dOUTinAZ

Bluelighter
Just recently purchased the Air-2 Digital THC Vaporizer, although this isn't my first time using a THC vaporizer, I have been borrowing one of my friends for the last year, but decided to get my own considering EVERYBODY is borrowing it, after all...it is a vaporizer. For those of you who don't know what a THC vaporizer is (for those of you with your heads in the bud smoke too deep), well what it sounds like, a vaporizer gun! THC vaporizes between 210-220 F "in a vacuum" (How THC vaporizes in the normal atmospherric pressure is unknown though believed to be between 250-400 F) and with the Air-2 Digital you simply set it on 210 and zap your buds off of whatever tool you are using. A very thin line of smoke will appear through the vaporizer and you'll be left with some burnt buds containing only tars and other inactive chemicals. You simply inhale the THC (not smoke, the THC) and be prepared to get FUCKED UP, especially if you have got some chronic. 60-80% of THC is lost in slipstream smoke from pipes and joints but since this is a vaporizer and doesn't burn the bud, you don't loss all that THC and get 100% pure THC. It has a much better tar/THC ratio compared to any other smoking variables. The Air-2 Digital may be adjusted for one degree increments and control the amount of heat applied (unlike some of the older model Vaporizers...the old school ones that required a cord). It is 99% smoke and carcinogen free and you get 100% active ingredients and non of the other additives and (possible)harmful chems. If you are looking into a SMOKE-FREE method of getting stoned you should deffinitly check this out. You can make it yourself for roughly $30, although it does take time and patience. I didn't purchase mine from a store so have no idea if legal to purchase or not but I imagine it is. If anybody wants to hear more about this device or how to build one I will post some sites. Peace, I'm off to vaporize some THC crystals from my chronic bud and get twisted something fierce.

hey i'd be very intrested in learning how to make one. I've seen some advertised for $100-150 (american) plus usually $20 S&H. but i've never smoked out of one, so i don't really want to invest too much.

Smoking is bad for my asthma and running. I had a collapsed lung from smoking too much (and other various factors) so for $30 a vaporizer seems well worth it. please post some more info

I've never had the chance to use a vaporizer... I always had the impression that you needed more herb to get high with one? If this isn't the case, I'm very interested because it's about time I stop trashing my lungs and throat to get high.

Are there any subjective differences in the high itself vs. a regular pipe or joint?

i've only used a homemade vape which i made from a test tube. i didn't like it at all. i get really bored holding a lighter against a test tube for 40 seconds, the high is different and for me less enjoyable, the weed vaporizes unevenly so you have to keep moving it around and the "smoke" that you do inhale smells and tastes bad. the first thing i did after getting high off my vaporizer was go pack a bowl because i didn't feel satisfied. i like smoking it.

I recently used a vaporizor after drinking a six pack and smoke a regular pipe. When i hit the vaporizor i couldn't even tell that anything was going into my lungs, it felt just like warm air. When i exhaled i saw a huge cloud of smoke.
Each time I took a hit i felt my self get higher. I definately recomend it if you never used one. The one I use was my friends and he got it form high times for like $80 or so.

This site right down here explains everything you really want to know about the vaporizer device such as benefits over pipes/joints and how it has the potential to get you higher than most other devices:

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html

This site down here gives you the information on how to make a vaporizer:

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Drugs/THC/Vaporize/vaporizer.principles.html

Posted by Deviate:

i've only used a homemade vape which i made from a test tube. i didn't like it at all. i get really bored holding a lighter against a test tube for 40 seconds, the high is different and for me less enjoyable, the weed vaporizes unevenly so you have to keep moving it around and the "smoke" that you do inhale smells and tastes bad. the first thing i did after getting high off my vaporizer was go pack a bowl because i didn't feel satisfied. i like smoking it.

Are you sure that you were using a vaporizer? If you were using a lighter than it WAS NOT a vaporizer. A simple test tube does not qualify at all for a vaporizer. You're talking about using a meth/crack pipe that you buy at a head shop. It has no smell and no real taste. A vaporizer takes several hours to make, possibly more depending if you are crafty or not. Vaporizers require no fire and get you high as fuck!

I've been dreaming of owning one of those air-2 units for a while now. But $200-$300 for one of those baby's in a lot of semolians.
Their website is pretty cool too and they sell the vaporizer as part of a "digital aromatherapy" kit for quitting smoking cigarettes. Niiiice.
Is there anything comparable on the market that is time *and* temperature adjustable? I can't find another digital/analytical vaporizer anywhere.

How sturdy is the unit?
Would you travel with it?
Does it come with some kind of warranty?
How long do the batteries *really* last?

Got any pictures of it? %)

DreamsAreFree

^^^ebay is a good place. i recently got one (a cheap one) off of ebay. it doesn't have the bells and whistles, but my search returned a lot of hits.

also, my friends got one off ebay with a temp adjuster a while back

^^^is that giving a source? sorry if it is, but c'mon thats lame

i have the air-2 vaporiser better known as the Vapir... im not that impressed with it. i would like to see how well the vrip-tech vapes work

the best vaporizer of all is simply a heat gun + a glass bong. for those of you that don't know what a heat gun is it's basically an industrial hair dryer. it's the same size as a hair dryer actually.

you need a heat gun with an adjustable dial on the back and an attachment that fits on the nozzle to make the nozzle smaller. a good heat gun that has both of these can be purchased at sears, it's called the "wagner turbo cool 3000". (the price is 45$)
then you-

1. place weed in the bowl of your glass bong
2. turn the heat gun setting dial to approxiamately 4
3. let the heat gun run for a minute to get it up to proper temp.
4. turn off the heat gun
5. place the opening of the heat gun on top of the bowl
6. place lips on the bong
7. inhale

some ppl like to put the heat gun on the bowl and then turn it on and hit the bong while the heat gun is on. if you do this you need to turn the dial down to 2 or 3 or else the weed will catch on fire.

i like to heat up the heat gun and then turn it off. if you use the heat gun while it's turned on you will on occasion blow the weed out of the bowl on accident.

basically what you are doing here is sucking 400 degree air through the weed. if you leave the heat gun on you are blowing 400 degree air through the weed, but you will sometimes blow the weed out of the bowl.

cant you use a lightbulb and lighter?

also whats the best/most effective method? Extracting in butter, vap, or smoke?

Vaporizers

Anyone who hasn't vaporized using the vriptech bowl or method is just kidding themselves and doesn't know how effective and enjoyable vaporizing can be. I'm taking fat rips of vapor off my inspector vapors pipe and vape gun, with the vriptech bowl and my shit never even gets past a medium brown. And the taste is unbelievable, none of my friends ever smoke out of their water pipes wihtout using a heat gun anymore. Only time we SMOKE is when we have to go portable with the bleezzey.. peace

can someone show me a pic of one that they made? cause i really want to make one so i could smoke all the time and not get caught.

i would like to have the one that stacey keech had in cheech and chong. that is a nice one. what would one of those cost to make/buy?

I bought a vaporizer bong from the shops and all it did was burn the weed :( I didnt feel high at all.. And I smoked atleast a G through it

you CANNOT use a lighter any way and get the same effect of a vapourizer. The whole idea of the vaporizer is that the heat is so hot that it only burns the THC, not everything else. Thats why you need a heatgun or a hotplate, because a lighter cant come close to the amount of heat those things put off.

For those guys who buying vapes in Australia, check make sure its Australian made to meet Australian standards/saftey reasons, and not these shitty chinese cheap imports, they make me nervous and stuff if they are gonna melt or something (maybe I am simply over-paranoid but for good reasons)....

Also it's handy tip that I learnt from a mate and it REALLY GOOD TIP:

Get a timer.....and plug the vape into the timer just in case before you start to fire up, so just in case you get too stoned and pass out and forgot to turn the vape off... but don't worry the timer will turn it off for you while you are in the stoned paradise. :D

EternalX said:
you CANNOT use a lighter any way and get the same effect of a vapourizer. The whole idea of the vaporizer is that the heat is so hot that it only burns the THC, not everything else. Thats why you need a heatgun or a hotplate, because a lighter cant come close to the amount of heat those things put off.

you can use a light bulb vaporizer or those glass cigarette "cheap vaporizer" thingys.. they dont work as well but you can do it.

i would not recommend spending your money on a vapir unless you dont have any other pieces and dont have much of a tolerance... but those people are also the ones who are at the least rist for lung problems to begin with. :\