• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Daredevil

cydonorb

Bluelighter
I deserved it, I had it coming for saying "gee I just want a little mindless entertainment tonight". So against all better judgement I picked up DAREDEVIL. It would've been excuseable if I lived in a small town with only a Blockbuster to rent from, but I live in New York City, in the East Village, home to 4 large indie rental shops not to mention Tower & Virgin. If I wanted an action flick I have access to just about every Donnie Yen, Tsui Hark & Ringo Lam film ever made. If I wanted cheese I could've rented a cool Rhino re-release of some great Roger Corman drive in classic. But NOOOOOO, I rented DAREDEVIL. DULL. DERIVATIVE. DARK. DUMB. DEPRESSING. DRECK. Quite possibly the worst film I've seen in the past several years. If this had taken place in China, starred Jet Li & Maggie Cheung, had some decent fight scenes, wasn't trying to be BATMAN & was directed by someone like Woping Yuen then mabey, just mabey this lame script could've worked. Instead this third rate rip off of THE MATRIX, BATMAN & every HK action film from the 1990s gives us 2 wonderbread washouts like the wooden Jennifer Garner & bland Ben Afflek. The filmmakers even manage to make Joe Pantoliano & Michael Clarke Duncan boring which isn't easy. The is sub Troma crap that even The Toxic Avenger wouldn't shit on. lets hope this is exhibit A in Ben Affleck's upcoming exile from showbiz. I haven't seen GIGLI but I don't have to becasue it cannot be any worse than this limp, lame & lifeless piece of "product".

Daredevil was really bad... but LXG was slightly worse, in my opinion.

And the Punisher looks like it could actually surpass both in sheer suckitude.

anyone seen the original Punisher movie? or Captain America? Personally all the Superman movies sucked.. All the batman's except the first, X-men sucks, Hulk sucks, Daredevil sucks, The Flash tv show was horrible, Spiderman was horrible (and bad choice of a villan IMO)

comic books are cool.. well they were when i was that age.. these movies fucken blow..

they equate to the intelligence that was used to make the Mario Bros. movie

I say you avoid any kind of superhero film DD. You obviously don't care for it. I personally have enjoyed a few of the films you mentioned, namely Batman, both X-Men films, and even the Hulk, which was done quite well from both a filmmaking standpoint and a technological view. Why don't you enjoy yourself and have an all-day marathon of watching Blue or Baraka? Both films are intriguing...for the "sophisticated" film goer like yourself. 8)

Personally I quite enjoyed Spiderman. I'd see the Hulk again, but I'd show up an hour late. I liked X-Men.

But LXG and Daredevil were just crap.

I hate everything. Fuck everything. I hate it all.

It's just a movie people, don't get worked up about it. It's not like you were expecting a masterpiece.

Future reference - Ben Affleck film: probably not going to be very good at all.

If you think Daredevil sucked, wait 'till you see the new Punisher, or the Ghost Rider film in the works. Word on the street is that Nicholas Cage is playing Johhny Blaze/Ghost Rider.
:| :| :|

You people really thought it was that bad eh?

I guess I'm in the minority then, because I think it was ok. It wasn't genius by any means, but decent. I've hated Ben Affleck for years, but he really didn't do that bad of a job. Jennifer Garner is just a goddess, acting ability or no.

Bullseye was great comic relief too... I especially enjoyed how he got the old lady to shut the fuck up on the airplane.

Colin Farrell as Bullseye was the only thing worth watching in Daredevil. Otherwise, this movie was as big a comic-book conversion flop as Spawn was.

Last edited:
Whoever chose the soundtrack to this film should be fired and banned from hollywood...in my humble opinion.

Overall...it was a noble attempt at making a superhero film. I liked some of the camera work, while detesting some other aspects of it as well. The special effects were decent...not far off from Matrix: Reloaded, but a solid attempt. The suit itself isn't terrible. And yes, the Airplane scene with Bullseye was pure comedy. HBO worthy is as easy as I can sum it up.

why is the review so positive given the negative feedback here?

i thought it sucked too

Daredevil.

Holy shit what a bad movie. I laughed at how bad it was.

And this really disturbs me:
Word on the street is that Nicholas Cage is playing Johhny Blaze/Ghost Rider.
You see, kids, Ghost Rider was one of the only comics I grew up on. Its a part of my childhood. Ghost Rider, The Savage Dragon, and Nighthawk. Only comics I ever read. To find out that Nicolas Cage is playing Ghost Rider? What can I say...

I think he might be able to pull it off but we'll see. I mean...is this really rumor or is it gunna happen? You got me all hyped up here!

laovienax said:
why is the review so positive given the negative feedback here?

because there's more to life than a bluelight forum... :)

alasdair