PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Stems / Smoking Stems (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

dropten04
08-08-2003, 00:21
my friend says he packs bowls of chopped up stems ....and gets as high as he would off a bowl of regular weed???true...false??:\

xXTOKERXx
08-08-2003, 00:36
False, it gives ya headaches, i done it before, from hearin from word of mouth wen i was alot younger!

michael
08-08-2003, 00:52
it won't get you high, you'll get a headache, and it tastes so disgusting it's unbelievable.

FunkayRavin
08-08-2003, 01:07
it'll get you high.. its not a good high, but its high... are you that pressed for cash that you gotta smoke shitty stems?

hawkeye
08-08-2003, 03:41
Actually, instead of smoking them, you could vapourize them(if you have a decent one). You'll still get whatever THC is in them, without having to inhale godawful amounts of stem smoke.

That's what I did when I ran out...

dropten04
08-08-2003, 03:43
will that really work hawkeye??

geetered
08-08-2003, 04:37
False

MaliceNwunderland
08-08-2003, 06:09
Stems have next to no THC. The only thing getting him high is whatever little weed rubbed off on the stems. Kinda like people who roast a bowl of seeds. Seeds don't contain thc, but it's possible to get a buzz off the residual shit on the seeds.

asianfreek
08-08-2003, 07:18
Stems have next to no THC

it depends on what kind of stems you are talking about. there are stems that are completely bare or stems that are completely covered in crystals. ;)

detroit*whut
08-08-2003, 09:58
Smoking stems will give you a wicked headache...dont try it your freind is fucking with you. Plus it tastes like shit. I tried it when I was 14, stupid idead.

Shypo
08-08-2003, 11:18
smoking stems for a prolonged time also can give you impotence problems in later life.. probably bullshit but so so many people believe it.. we never smoke stem

tooky
08-08-2003, 12:26
you can soak them in vodka for about three weeks or so, that should extract any THC into the alcohol. You'll want quite a few stems though.

mashmetaller
08-08-2003, 15:06
Originally posted by Shypo
smoking stems for a prolonged time also can give you impotence problems in later life.. probably bullshit but so so many people believe it.. we never smoke stem

In my area the rumor is that it gives you cancer. I think this is probably all shit. But stems don't get you very high. Don't bother.

nowonmai
08-08-2003, 15:14
the entire plant is covered in trichomes therefore stems do have a certain amount of THC. However, compared to buds and even leaves, there's very little. An extraction done on a LOT of stem might give enough oil to be useful but smoking is a complete waste of time.

blowupking
08-08-2003, 16:44
i never smoke stems, but the dank i get sometimes has a stem or two, and there completely covered in crystals. So i would imagine that has a certain amount of THC due to the high amount of crystalization on it.

snapcrklpop
08-08-2003, 17:08
this is a stupid question to any avid smoker...#1 your fiendin, go buy some pot...#2 no it will never get you high:p

frizzantik
09-08-2003, 03:50
when i was younger and really feinding, i woudl scrape the green from the thicker stems, break up the smaller stems, and roll that up with some resin scraped from my pipe into a resin/stem ball

it gets you stoned but smoking it is nasty as fuck and the high isnt much better

now i'd rather just be sober than smoke nappy shit. ill get a little buzz and want to smoke real dank ever worse than before

shroomster
09-08-2003, 05:07
Probably false:

It can be true, but he'd have to smoke a lot more stems than a bowl. I used to save all of my stems, out of every bag of weed I got. After a few months, I'd have 20 or more scraps of stem. After five bowls of the stuff, you get stoned, but a headaches right behind you.

ace of spades
18-08-2003, 23:05
true..

MistaSmokalot
18-08-2003, 23:25
Originally posted by dropten04
my friend says he packs bowls of chopped up stems ....and gets as high as he would off a bowl of regular weed???true...false??:\

The weed would have to be schwagggggadelic.

And Yes, stems get you high, but ewwwww, I'd rather smoke resin.

usually stems contain .1 - .5% THC from what I've read.

peace.

orb
19-08-2003, 06:03
I've heard that you could make a tea from the stems that could get you high. Just wonderin if it was true.

asianfreek
19-08-2003, 12:17
I've heard that you could make a tea from the stems that could get you high. Just wonderin if it was true.

it would work if you had a lot of stems. yum, weed tea sounds really good right now:)

Rollin' for life
19-08-2003, 19:04
No you won't get fucking high. If you decide to do it however, let us know. @ least then you can get something: laughed at :P

terayon
19-08-2003, 22:08
how can you make weed tea.....delta9-tetrahydracannibinol is all but insoluble in water....

MattPD
19-08-2003, 22:08
THC is not water soluble...let me rephrase that, it don't go into water! This is common knowledge...I thought.

Edit-This post has been rated as...too slow!

M

asianfreek
19-08-2003, 23:46
what about hot weed milk?=D

PottedMeat
23-08-2003, 05:45
Originally posted by dropten04

Hell's bells...just try it and let us know. Der.8(

Biff Loman
19-10-2003, 18:09
Moving to Cannabis Discussion

The Drummer
19-10-2003, 19:53
Now if you GRIND UP your stems and save them for a really long time, grind them up with some leaf and let the flour sit in some everclear for a half hour or more (the longer it sits the more stuff that won't get you high from the plant's gonna come out) ... run the alcohol and plant matter through two coffee filters and pour it onto a large glass pan, let it evaporate overnight or faster with a fan, then scrape that up...

You could smoke that and it'd be way less wasteful and HORRIBLE than smoking the stems themselves. It would ALSO help a lot to put some leaf or even a couple of buds into the coffee grinder with the stems, the potency difference'll be noticeable.

sh0ck3r
19-10-2003, 20:55
or...

don't fuck with stems at all, just smoke more weed

really, smoking stems is a waste of time

iMDMAn
21-10-2003, 04:55
Has anyone ever dregged the bong??

Me and a couple of mates lived in a flat together and we went to work to support our habit but sometimes that wasn't enough so when there was no more money and no more weed we dreg the bong.

First you strain the water through a TEA TOWEL you'll wanna keep all the shit that gets caught in there after it dries out... you wrap up the end with the dregs by twisting it and stepping on it and shit and then you open it up for a bit till it dries then you leave that go to your old bong... cut him open and the stem scrape all that shit out. scrape all the shit off the inside walls of the bong... put all your grot in a bowl... add a little spin... close your eyes... and fire one up :)

It's gross but I was young and broke and you weren't cool if every other moron was doing it.

Splatt
21-10-2003, 06:46
I call them pulleys! (Pull-throughs) Mixing this with resin (hobo hash, not real hash/crystals) and a efw stems will give you a weird buzz.. Pretty shitty :) Also stems are harsh as fuck to smoke..

implicitprodigy
21-10-2003, 09:47
not if you JSUT smoke stems

RPMaximum
21-10-2003, 11:20
No, it won't. We experimented this when I was younger. Me and a few friends smoked one day, and all we had left was a bunch of seeds and stems. Another "friend" showed up shortly after, whom was quite annoying and was pestering us to smoke with us. We packed the bowl full of stems and seeds, and gave it to him. It cracked and popped as he reefed on that thing. It was a good bowl full of stems.. he maybe got a 5-minute high before he crashed with the worst migrane ever. We laughed.

Crimethink
21-10-2003, 11:30
Burning stems burns cellulose which makes acrolein. This is why the smallest wisp of smoke from paper or stem stings so bad. Acrolein is a carcinogen and extremely irritating \ neurotoxic to nerve cells.

See Edison's paper on smoking. http://members.tripod.com/medicolegal/edison1914.htm

He embellishes a bit but acrolein is a modern day known industrial toxin.

ChemicalSmiles
21-10-2003, 16:22
LOL I had a friend who swore that making weed tea, just w/ water would get him B L A Z E D. I always bitched at him for that.

And yes if you smoke a shitload of stems, you will get high. But it tastes VERY nasty. If im desperate I stick to resin. Thats the lowest of the low though.

-Wayne

detroit*whut
22-10-2003, 07:52
He's probably fucking with you, and if he's not joking he's either 14 or a dumbass.

Splatt
22-10-2003, 08:56
OK.. smoking stems sounds bad! I won't be that desperate again ;) Although I did get a weird head high, simular to leaf after a big fat cone of choppped stems alone.

Zappa
22-10-2003, 12:16
I have heard the exact same story.

I trust the person who told it to me. He says its great and it works.

alwayshigh
22-10-2003, 14:08
yes, you can make weed tea, but it doesnt taste very good.

Skunkweed
22-10-2003, 15:59
Smoke stem.....I prefer packing my bowl with seed. Now that will get you higher than a motherfucker. hehe nope. Just go get you some weed man. FUCK

drinky_mcbeer
15-11-2003, 14:43
the rumor in perth is smokin stem shrinks ur dik. most probli bulshit but still dont take chances. in the days wher evri speck of weed was precious we would chew the stems for a bit.

StuffedTiger
15-11-2003, 17:59
it doesn't matter what we say. when the time comes, each of us has to find out the answer for ourselves.

Urbanhog
16-11-2003, 00:56
Originally posted by terayon
how can you make weed tea.....delta9-tetrahydracannibinol is all but insoluble in water....

This how Jamacians or Indians I cant remember make their tea...... they simmer the weed in milk drain it out and then sweeten it with honey or choc.....bingo you have a weed tea, but sometimes its often mild, depending how much weed you put in the milk to simmer for 20-30 mins not BOIL just simmering. ;)

I have a receipe for Bhang somewhere, will post that at the cooking thread.

Cheers,

Urbie %)

smashed pumpkin
16-11-2003, 01:18
well, first like almost everyone already said, NO. stems contain VERY low amount of THC.

smoking stems will give you nothing but headache and very bad taste and killer breath of stem-ish smoke...

your friend possibly got "high" in the meaning of inhaling smoke.. now, that high is nothing but headrush which is because - he inhaled smoke. not because he smoked marijuana. every smoke in the world will get your head a little twisting for a couple of seconds/minutes, because you are inhaling carbon dioxide. that's it..

dont waste your lungs on stems.. just buy a couple of grams and that's it.. or grow.. easiest as it gets. here: www.overgrow.com there you'll find everything you need to know;)

ouroboros
18-11-2003, 17:26
I chew stems when im in class.

I have social anxiety disorder and it seems to mellow me, anyway.

18-11-2003, 19:09
i've never tried smoking the stems, but i have tried smoking the seeds...take 15-40, shove em in the pipe and blaze up
not too much smoke comes out and u actually end up sucking seed 'syrup' tru the pipe
its yummy and gives u different high than if you smoked bud....cant really explain it

Mr. Penis
19-11-2003, 08:06
i usually just chew on the stems. it doesn't get me high really, but it pacifies my urge to smoke until i can actually do so

frizzantik
19-11-2003, 09:15
Originally posted by 247
i've never tried smoking the stems, but i have tried smoking the seeds...take 15-40, shove em in the pipe and blaze up
not too much smoke comes out and u actually end up sucking seed 'syrup' tru the pipe
its yummy and gives u different high than if you smoked bud....cant really explain it

i'm 99.9% sure the seeds have no thc 8o

19-11-2003, 16:44
probably not
maybe it was a placebo effect or simply the resin of the pipe acting up...
anyways i did feel 'different' ...prolly placebo