• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Stems / Smoking Stems (merged)

I've heard that you could make a tea from the stems that could get you high. Just wonderin if it was true.

I've heard that you could make a tea from the stems that could get you high. Just wonderin if it was true.

it would work if you had a lot of stems. yum, weed tea sounds really good right now:)

No you won't get fucking high. If you decide to do it however, let us know. @ least then you can get something: laughed at :p

how can you make weed tea.....delta9-tetrahydracannibinol is all but insoluble in water....

THC is not water soluble...let me rephrase that, it don't go into water! This is common knowledge...I thought.

Edit-This post has been rated as...too slow!

M

Re: Can you smoke a bowlpack filled of stems and still get high??

dropten04 said:
my friend says he packs bowls of chopped up stems ....and gets as high as he would off a bowl of regular weed???true...false??:\

Hell's bells...just try it and let us know. Der.8(

Now if you GRIND UP your stems and save them for a really long time, grind them up with some leaf and let the flour sit in some everclear for a half hour or more (the longer it sits the more stuff that won't get you high from the plant's gonna come out) ... run the alcohol and plant matter through two coffee filters and pour it onto a large glass pan, let it evaporate overnight or faster with a fan, then scrape that up...

You could smoke that and it'd be way less wasteful and HORRIBLE than smoking the stems themselves. It would ALSO help a lot to put some leaf or even a couple of buds into the coffee grinder with the stems, the potency difference'll be noticeable.

or...

don't fuck with stems at all, just smoke more weed

really, smoking stems is a waste of time

Has anyone ever dregged the bong??

Me and a couple of mates lived in a flat together and we went to work to support our habit but sometimes that wasn't enough so when there was no more money and no more weed we dreg the bong.

First you strain the water through a TEA TOWEL you'll wanna keep all the shit that gets caught in there after it dries out... you wrap up the end with the dregs by twisting it and stepping on it and shit and then you open it up for a bit till it dries then you leave that go to your old bong... cut him open and the stem scrape all that shit out. scrape all the shit off the inside walls of the bong... put all your grot in a bowl... add a little spin... close your eyes... and fire one up :)

It's gross but I was young and broke and you weren't cool if every other moron was doing it.

I call them pulleys! (Pull-throughs) Mixing this with resin (hobo hash, not real hash/crystals) and a efw stems will give you a weird buzz.. Pretty shitty :) Also stems are harsh as fuck to smoke..

No, it won't. We experimented this when I was younger. Me and a few friends smoked one day, and all we had left was a bunch of seeds and stems. Another "friend" showed up shortly after, whom was quite annoying and was pestering us to smoke with us. We packed the bowl full of stems and seeds, and gave it to him. It cracked and popped as he reefed on that thing. It was a good bowl full of stems.. he maybe got a 5-minute high before he crashed with the worst migrane ever. We laughed.

Burning stems burns cellulose which makes acrolein. This is why the smallest wisp of smoke from paper or stem stings so bad. Acrolein is a carcinogen and extremely irritating \ neurotoxic to nerve cells.

See Edison's paper on smoking. http://members.tripod.com/medicolegal/edison1914.htm

He embellishes a bit but acrolein is a modern day known industrial toxin.

LOL I had a friend who swore that making weed tea, just w/ water would get him B L A Z E D. I always bitched at him for that.

And yes if you smoke a shitload of stems, you will get high. But it tastes VERY nasty. If im desperate I stick to resin. Thats the lowest of the low though.

-Wayne

OK.. smoking stems sounds bad! I won't be that desperate again ;) Although I did get a weird head high, simular to leaf after a big fat cone of choppped stems alone.

I have heard the exact same story.

I trust the person who told it to me. He says its great and it works.