Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Taking a break is weird

doofhard

Bluelighter
I decide to take a break from pills and after every weekend and several pills for the last few months to having two weekends off so far.

The first weekend was the hardest went out with mates (who were all pilling) Once out though had a ball, just extremly stoned and a little tipsy. Still danced hard, stayed awake(but slept as soon as we got home)

Seccond weekend the last went out on 1,4B for the big rave.

Now it hasn't been really hard to stop it feels different but not bad. But it feels like I have had a massive break now and it's only been two weeks. That doesn't mean I'm going to take pills again soon (I hope) but it's just weird that it feels like I haven't had any for months.(which is the actual aim)

I definatly think that I will be very rewarded by my break when I go back to them.

Id have to agree. I am going on my 4 th week. The first week was the hardest. I missed the pleasure of dancing and that moment of pure bliss when a great track comes on and you are off our pickle.

But on the forth week, I am still clean, and once and a while during the week i think - i'd like to get totally smashed this weekend -. I do feel healthier though, general feeling of clear headed and my body generally more limber.

congrats.

Good on you for taking it easy on the pills, its very easy to ruin the fun of them by abusing them!
BUT i personally don't see the reason everyone makes a big deal about pro-longing the honeymoon period. i mean, do you really want to keep eating MDMA forever? i reckon have fun while your still able to learn from and enojoy it, and then move on. you can always re-visit it later, and you'll find its like a nice warm jumper you haven't worn in ages. :)

(if that came off as me discouraging responsible usage it wasn't intended that way, i was merely pointing out everything is cyclical)

I'm with you on the break. Last weekend I had my worst comedown in 8 months and I think it was my body telling me that I need a rest. So I have told all my friends that I intend to have a break for a while - from all drugs, until I feel as though I am ready to get back to it.

I feel as though I have a constant strain on my brain and the small things seem to be so much more difficult. I went through 8 months of being a total drug pig. Consuming as much of and what ever I could get my hands on. The funny thing is, a year ago I would never have even touched pot. My view of drug use was completely different. Now, I have been using heavily (all recreationaly) and I need to rest. Like many people I guess, my life became revolved around drugs. What made me realise this was when I went for a job interview recently, they asked me to recall on a situation. The only things I could think of - had drugs involved. (I didn't get the job...) I am now back at Uni and intend to put my energy into it. I don't ever want to stop using drugs, as I enjoy going out on e so much, but since christmas, I have not had more than 10days between 'drops'. Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but the magic for me has long gone and I worry what futher, long term damage I may have done to myself.

I do worry that I may loose what I have with my friends who are intending to keep it up. Friendships formed whilst on chemicals - strong as they are, once the chemical goes...? Some have told me that they are going to try and do this break with me, so we'll see.

I know I need this break- whether its 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years. I look forward to a clearer head, some of the magic back and everything in moderation.

The magic doesn't return.
The comedowns get worse.
Don't bother returning to the happy dragon, hes turned nasty :X

My advice, try LSD =D

I agree...you will be rewarded when you take it next and your body feels a lot better for it! I just bumped my thread about taking a break just basically saying how I am going now...perhaps you shouldn't go cold turkey and just space it out a bit instead...i found this helps with the urges?

Been two months for me now, and let me tell you - you've just done your hardest bit. You've broken the habit. :)
It's pretty easy from here on. I feel great.... mood swings gone, sanity (almost) returned, sleep patterns good. I can't wait until I have one in a couple of weeks time, but at least now I've proved to myself that it doesn't control me.

Don't any of you feel 'Hey I feel rather good when not taking pills, perhaps I won't take them anymore... that and they damage my brain.' ? :\

[Edit: Post removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the way you say the magic will never return, I think thats bullshit!!

Although of late I have been abuseing MDMA it's still always mad, still not the same as when you have first pills, but always good.

I can deal with the fact I feel shit for Monday and Tuesday to me the high is worth it, I just needed to proove to myself that I can stop when I want too.

And I guarentee that when I take pills again they will be very special.

It's not bullshit.
The magics gone.
Get hooked on a new drug, cos this race is over champ.

Might I also say, there is more to life than drugs.
And more to drugs than MDMA.

Three little insignificant letters which will change your life,

LSD

Enjoy =D

LSD is fucking cool and I think it would be fun to do more of also but one of my friends gets closer and closer to wigging out each time she does it because she won't belive when weird things happen that its the drug.

I love to trip, belive me, but I aint loosing a friend over it!

Ah yes I seem to remember your previous post regarding that. Your friend thinks she can talk to animals or some such thing.

Interesting bedtime reading :)

*Puts on his best Public Enemy flavour flav voice* D-D-D-d-d-Don't believe da hype!~!