PDA

View Full Version : Tramadol abuse?

Pages : [1] 2

WillSlav
29-07-2003, 17:56
Does this drug have any potential for abuse? Is tramadol the active ingredient in ultram, or am I mistaken? Is it even a real opiate containing narcotics? I just want to end my confusion on the drug once and for all. Thanks for the responses.

Jumbo
29-07-2003, 18:28
There are a bunch of threads on this over the past two years, some as recent as within the last two weeks. Just go to search engine with "tramadol OR Ultram" and you'll find plenty. Search engine should always be your first step.

And short answers: Ultram is brand name, tramadol is generic name. As for rec potential, some sez yes, some sez no.

Achaemenian
29-07-2003, 18:30
Exactly... I don't like it but I don't mind, some get only sick and hate it.

Aiken Drum
29-07-2003, 21:13
The problem with tramadol is that it leaves me feeling sick on the stomach, weak and sleepy the next day.
But I LOOOOVE the high, sometimes even more than oxy 8o ... I don't know why... maybe I'm not used to taking oxy and therefore, don't enjoy it as much? Heard that can happen, anyone knows about this?

alostlittlebird
29-07-2003, 21:53
^ ur not alone, during a period when I didn't take an antidepressent (they destroy opiate euphoria for me), I used to get good and high for eight hours or more from tramadol, usually around only 250mg or so

it never made me completely nod, but i still felt the opiate bliss full on. now that im on lexapro, it's like taking aspirin - nothing

detroit*whut
30-07-2003, 21:43
I really enjoy tramadol, except i found that my tolerance goes up fast. They also make me really easily irratated ive totally flipped on people for little things.

DJWhat
30-07-2003, 22:14
I agree with ^^^that...there was a period when I had a bunch of em that lasted me a week or so, for me I got a weird mood lift after taking them, like some kind of fast-acting anti-depressant. Not really a strong opiate feeling though. I haven't taken any in a long time, and don't really care to.

tramagesty
31-07-2003, 01:14
The nice thing about Ultram is if you enjoy it, it's really easy to get for ordinary ailments, like headaches, cramps, whatever. Hell, ask for it by name... more than likely, the Dr. will be perfectly happy to write you a script, as it's not scheduled (yet). Also, it's available in generic, although watch out for the Purepac brand (stylized R 714). They don't seem to be nearly as effective as the other generics or namebrand.

deviate
31-07-2003, 05:25
you can definitely abuse it but for me it's not worth the side effects.

TheTruth
31-07-2003, 06:53
what side effects are you referring to?

Aiken Drum
31-07-2003, 23:57
Nause 8( and feeling tired and like crap the next day.

Another question, I normally take 300 mgs of it in a day, but my tollerance is getting higher.
I'm planning on quitting for a week next week, but I'm gonna use this one.
So I'm wondering how much clonazepam should I take to "get higher".
What is a good dose and how long before should I take it?
Also, does xanax works better?
How many mgs of that too?
Thx!

Ultra(m)
01-08-2003, 07:47
Tramadol is a beautiful drug. 3-4 hours of euphoric opiation with a simulatant edge. I found that nausea is taken care of with a little food taken at the same time as the Ultram. And like someone said, this medication is like getting prozac from doctors... they just throw those 50 count bottles at me with 3 refills. Oh and when I take it every other day I get no gain on my tolerance...

Aiken Drum
01-08-2003, 16:08
Ultra(m), it seems like you are a shareholder for whichever pharmaceutical company makes Ultram, most of your post are praises to it ;) .
But I agree with what you said, Ultram IS a great drug.
Yesterday I did the following:
T +0 : 150 mgs of tramadol + 1 mg of xanax
T +30: felt a little tramadol euphoria

Then, I kept upping the dose till I got to
t +120: with 0 euphoria, I even took a beer to put me higher, which usually works.

Moral of the story: benzos TOTALLY KILL my ultram high :( .
Don't know why!
I had the same thing happenned to me with rivotril (clonazepam) but I wanted to try again since everyone praises the combo I figured it might had to do with set & setting.
But no, it brings me down like water to a fire (stupid analogy, I know, couldn't think of any better =D ).
Fuck you benzos :p !!!

Ultra(m)
02-08-2003, 01:08
:D Ultra(m) * CEO of Ultram Pharmaceuticals says...

Taking benzos with Ultram has never been enjoyable for me, because half the fun with Ultram is its stimulation.
I feel the urge to tell people about my favorite drug but I really shouldn't. Some time soon its going to be the next Hillbilly herion...

6:00 PM, Nightly News, Future

Ultram ADDict! #1: " Well so I's take them 3 pills with like 500 grams of dat shit and I was high for days ! "

Reporter: " And so how is the addiction?"

Ultram ADDict! #1: "Worse than herion! I ain't neva gonna take no breathes 'gain without thinking bout that Ultram."

Reporter: "Where did you first hear about this powerfull, evil, demon drug?"

Ultram ADDict! #1: " I was on that Internet thing and there was some boy talking about how it was the best thing since 2nd Cousins..."

6:10 PM Ultra(m) loses his unscheduled gate to opiation.

Damnit. :\

Clonazaman
02-08-2003, 02:49
Originally posted by Aiken Drum
The problem with tramadol is that it leaves me feeling sick on the stomach, weak and sleepy the next day.
But I LOOOOVE the high, sometimes even more than oxy 8o ... I don't know why... maybe I'm not used to taking oxy and therefore, don't enjoy it as much? Heard that can happen, anyone knows about this?

Don't ever let anyone tell you that it's non-addictive, but you're right, the high is awesome.

~C

geetered
04-08-2003, 01:53
It has opiate like effects... i perfeer it over codiene... Yes tramadol is Ultram

ovara
20-08-2003, 22:17
Tramadol is for some reason considered clinically a codeine analog.
The effects for me are the opposite of morphine-types: cognitive problem (like starting on a sri-type), dysphoria and circulatory problems.

Any med thatīs got some analgesic property without the nr.1 side effect for discarding (euphoria), is likely to get to the doctors manual.

deviate
21-08-2003, 02:49
not worth the terrible side effects

Aiken Drum
21-08-2003, 06:28
Originally posted by deviate
not worth the terrible side effects
You mentioned that twice, what kind of bad experiencies do you have?
I'm very interested because I'm using tramadol a bit too much (at least twice a week, doses 300 mgs aprox).

bbbccc
21-08-2003, 07:59
I love the tramadol high. I combined some tramadol with a small amount of mushrooms the other day, i stayed smashed for 2 days. Sometimes it makes me terribly sick though, so i only use tramadol every few months. I have found it in the past to be very addictive.

JV
21-08-2003, 09:02
Ok, people have said that Ultram is not a scheduled drug. What exactly does that mean? Can you have as many pills on you as you want and the cops cant do anything if you get caught? Thx. in adv.

Ultra(m)
21-08-2003, 23:45
"The federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 created a series of five schedules establishing varying degrees of control over certain substances."

Schedule I (includes heroin, LSD, and marijuana)
A. The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
B. The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
C. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Schedule II (includes morphine, used as a pain-killer, and cocaine, used as a topical anesthetic)

Schedule III (includes anabolic steroids and Marinol)

Schedule IV (includes Valium and other tranquilizers)

Schedule V (includes codeine-containing analgesics)
A. The drug or other substance has a low potential for abuse relative to the drugs or other substances in Schedule IV.
B. The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
C. Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to the drugs or other substances in Schedule IV.

Because Ultram is not scheduled its very easy to obtain from doctors. The cops can still make trouble however if you do not have a prescription for it because as it says on every pill bottle "state or federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any person other than the patient to who it was prescribed." Be it Oxycontin or Prozac.

buck_reed
23-08-2003, 14:26
Hi folks,

We use tramadol as a front like pain killer for emergency use. It is a synthetic opiate like pethideine or toradol so it is designed to have Morpheine like effects but not nearly at the same strength (about 1/10).

Research from the UK and Europe has shown Tramadol to have a number of side effects in recreational or high dosage use. Nausea and vomiting are the leaing side effects and are reported in even 25% of people who use it for legitimate emergency medical purposes. Essentially the answer would be Yes, in that it has opiate effects, but really, you are likely to spend the six hours after your 30 second rush vomiting like crazy. I haven;t seen anyone use Tramadol recreationally for this reason, and for the potency of the drug, the hours of nausea I would imagine would certainly not be worth it.

Buck

PhreeX
23-08-2003, 17:46
When it was all I could get, and tollerance was low, I found the high to be decent... no major side effects to speak of for the vast majority.. of course some have bad experiences (as seen in this thread) but overall it's tame...

Negro-kitty
23-08-2003, 23:42
I'm not a fan of tramadol personally, but it can certainly be psychologically addictive, though I believe the physical addiction is low (but physical dependance is still likely).

I found it fucked me up a whole lot, but that the nausea was really bad...this does not surprise me as Effexor always made me nauseous as fuck and the two drugs have nearly identical chemical structures.

Ultra(m)
24-08-2003, 00:05
Effexor has a similar structure? I was unaware, effexor remains as the most evil drug I have ever taken, withdrawls for weeks... *shudder*. Tramadol though... lovely stuff.

I don't know if I am going to be able to get that connection out of my mind. Damnit.

Negro-kitty
24-08-2003, 01:45
Go check them out on www.chemfinder.com. They are really strikingly similar. Oh and beware of popups.

I'll bet you weren't tapered properly on and off Effexor if you speak so harshly of it...

Tri-nity
24-08-2003, 05:03
Yeah,
My dad went from taking like 150mg a day to nothing and was in shit condition.
Effexor is one of the worsr SSRI's on the market IMHO

Negro-kitty
24-08-2003, 05:07
It is not an SSRI! And it is a GREAT medication when USED PROPERLY!

Tri-nity
24-08-2003, 05:17
what effexor or tramadol?

I know tramadol isn't a SSRI but with regard to the withdrawl I was talking about effexor

Ultra(m)
24-08-2003, 05:50
Yeah the doctor didn't tell me how to taper off at all. I'm sorry if I insulted it unduly, I agree it has helped a lot people I know immensely =).

But damn it hurts to come off it, it felt like I had the worst spins+flu+dysphoria for weeks on end. bleck.

Ultra(m)
24-08-2003, 05:51
On a side note, some people I know snort Effexor....

Sigh, with so many good drugs out there....Kids these days.

Mrdummy
20-01-2004, 02:49
I never puked from ultrams?

tramagesty
20-01-2004, 03:56
Originally posted by Tri-nity
what effexor or tramadol?

I know tramadol isn't a SSRI but with regard to the withdrawl I was talking about effexor
Actually, I think that tramadol is an SSRI...

tramagesty
20-01-2004, 03:57
Originally posted by buck_reed
Hi folks,

We use tramadol as a front like pain killer for emergency use. It is a synthetic opiate like pethideine or toradol so it is designed to have Morpheine like effects but not nearly at the same strength (about 1/10).

Toradol is definitly NOT an opioid. I think that it's an NSAID.

Immortal
20-01-2004, 04:20
Anybody tried snorting tramadol???

bigBiff
20-01-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by Immortal
Anybody tried snorting tramadol???

man,do you snort everything.? you and tommy chong would get along well;) .i like tramadol. dose 150 mg. in the late a.m. and i'm usually set for the day. kicks in about an hour or so. since i have lower lumbar probs they have been a way to keep from using all my 7.5 es. but i can see where they would be addictive. but for ME not so much as an opiate feeling as a mellow speedy experience.

space73
20-01-2004, 19:08
The vomiting thing when I take tramadol, is it something thats only in the befinning of use, or am i oversensitive to tramadol?
I also fell the nausea when i take temgesic.

error745
20-01-2004, 19:49
Quote from a different site:

"Even the humble codeine analogue tramadol (Ultram), a selective partial mu agonist analgesic with noradrenaline and serotonin reuptake inhibiting properties, can serve as a useful mood-brightening stopgap. But contemporary medico-legal opiophobia ensures that such usage remains strictly off-label."

Effexor works as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor as well, at least according to their website. As for how well one does against the other... I only have experience with tramadol.

I'm one of those people who can't OD on it becuase of the sickly, barfy feeling that accompanies it. I've had a pretty good run of high availability of Hydros and as it's winding down the trams definitely help fill the gap. Suppose I'm lucky in that I can skip days without much more then the pain that they were prescribed to kill but there's been a lot of effort at moderation as well. Hope this helps...

Immortal
21-01-2004, 00:43
Originally posted by bigBiff
man,do you snort everything.? you and tommy chong would get along well;) .i like tramadol. dose 150 mg. in the late a.m. and i'm usually set for the day. kicks in about an hour or so. since i have lower lumbar probs they have been a way to keep from using all my 7.5 es. but i can see where they would be addictive. but for ME not so much as an opiate feeling as a mellow speedy experience.

I asked this because I hear a lot of people had problems with vomiting. And my stomach isn't so good. Once I vomited from E. Because of that I ask ... Is it safe to snort it?

groovee
21-01-2004, 02:02
You really only want to snort pills that have little or no filler. Otherwise you are just clogging up your nose with crap.

bigBiff
21-01-2004, 03:22
Originally posted by Immortal
I asked this because I hear a lot of people had problems with vomiting. And my stomach isn't so good. Once I vomited from E. Because of that I ask ... Is it safe to snort it?

i hope you didn't take offence to that snort tag. i think if you just try dosing a little at a time you'll be alright . but the damage could already be done. if you have it in your mind that you'll feel sick........that ole' mind over matter thing. good luck.

Immortal
21-01-2004, 06:50
Tramadol is here in capsule form.

recka
21-01-2004, 23:19
The only time I like ultram is after I've taken oc's for a couple of days and I know I'm gonna stop for a while.
The reason being is that if I've only taken oc's for a couple of days and stop, I don't get physically sick, but I struggle a little mentally for a few days. It's during that time that I find a few ultracets and a couple of bong hits is enough to put my mind at ease.
As for the actually high, it doesn't do much for me. Plus it gives me the jimmy legs, as Kramer would say.
And of course if I've taken oc's every day for a week, time to hunt for some vikes to wean myself off, ultram won't do the trick.

TheTruth
12-02-2004, 13:19
Originally posted by Crazeee
Tramadol is a mild SSRI, and for it's intended use (pain relief) it's pretty useless , isn't that ironic ?

It's a mild SNRI.

soundphaRm
12-02-2004, 22:12
Tramadol, in doses of over 400mg, start to get dangerous, due to the lowering of the seizure threshold that occurs. It's not that hard to have a seizure on 500-600mg of this stuff. That's the "speedy" feeling you also get from it.

TheTruth
13-02-2004, 03:53
Yeah thats why if you cant control the doses you take tramadol is not the drug for you...

the 400mg also assumes youre taking it a few times a day, not all at one time, so when youre taking 400mg at once (or even 300), youre still taking above the "recommended" dosage and you increase your risk of seizures...
this drug is not good to abuse in the long term especially due the the tolerance effect, so that eventually you need very dangerous doses to get the same effects...

Kix
10-04-2004, 04:40
I just tried Tramadol for the first time two nights ago....I have to say, the high was pretty nice, I combined it with some bud....however, I got the WORST nausea from it, which lasted through until the next day and made me leave work early.....now the nausea could have been from any number of things, but I'm leaning towards the Tramadol because it began to hit me about an hour or two after ingestion. I am going to try Tramadol again to see if the nausea is directly related....if it is, the high Tramadol gives you is nowhere near woth the nausea you (or at least I) have to suffer.

dys
10-04-2004, 08:45
i have to agree that tramadol is pretty useless when it comes to pain relief.

i have used the 50mg capsules, and the slow-release 150mg tablets. i don't get any euphoria from them, not mood boost what-so-ever, no sedation (like some have said, it seems stimulatory). But i noticed that tramadol has less of the other opiate side effects like itching or constipation.

still, i would definately prefer codeine over tramadol, anyday. tramadol is ok for mild pain, but for moderate-to-severe pain, it does not even compare to the more potent opiate agonists.

i find its psychological effects unenjoyable, i actually dislike tramadol (i don't even think it should be considered an opioid) and i won't take it again, not for pain or any other purpose.

cannabis sativa
10-04-2004, 09:25
the nausea is directly related. for some reason i would get nausea, stomach discomfort and general feelings of crappyness and weakness for days after a single dose of tramadol.