• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tramadol abuse?

Ok, people have said that Ultram is not a scheduled drug. What exactly does that mean? Can you have as many pills on you as you want and the cops cant do anything if you get caught? Thx. in adv.

"The federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 created a series of five schedules establishing varying degrees of control over certain substances."

Schedule I (includes heroin, LSD, and marijuana)
A. The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
B. The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
C. There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Schedule II (includes morphine, used as a pain-killer, and cocaine, used as a topical anesthetic)

Schedule III (includes anabolic steroids and Marinol)

Schedule IV (includes Valium and other tranquilizers)

Schedule V (includes codeine-containing analgesics)
A. The drug or other substance has a low potential for abuse relative to the drugs or other substances in Schedule IV.
B. The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
C. Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to the drugs or other substances in Schedule IV.

Because Ultram is not scheduled its very easy to obtain from doctors. The cops can still make trouble however if you do not have a prescription for it because as it says on every pill bottle "state or federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any person other than the patient to who it was prescribed." Be it Oxycontin or Prozac.

Hi folks,

We use tramadol as a front like pain killer for emergency use. It is a synthetic opiate like pethideine or toradol so it is designed to have Morpheine like effects but not nearly at the same strength (about 1/10).

Research from the UK and Europe has shown Tramadol to have a number of side effects in recreational or high dosage use. Nausea and vomiting are the leaing side effects and are reported in even 25% of people who use it for legitimate emergency medical purposes. Essentially the answer would be Yes, in that it has opiate effects, but really, you are likely to spend the six hours after your 30 second rush vomiting like crazy. I haven;t seen anyone use Tramadol recreationally for this reason, and for the potency of the drug, the hours of nausea I would imagine would certainly not be worth it.

Buck

When it was all I could get, and tollerance was low, I found the high to be decent... no major side effects to speak of for the vast majority.. of course some have bad experiences (as seen in this thread) but overall it's tame...

I'm not a fan of tramadol personally, but it can certainly be psychologically addictive, though I believe the physical addiction is low (but physical dependance is still likely).

I found it fucked me up a whole lot, but that the nausea was really bad...this does not surprise me as Effexor always made me nauseous as fuck and the two drugs have nearly identical chemical structures.

Effexor has a similar structure? I was unaware, effexor remains as the most evil drug I have ever taken, withdrawls for weeks... *shudder*. Tramadol though... lovely stuff.

I don't know if I am going to be able to get that connection out of my mind. Damnit.

Go check them out on www.chemfinder.com. They are really strikingly similar. Oh and beware of popups.

I'll bet you weren't tapered properly on and off Effexor if you speak so harshly of it...

Yeah,
My dad went from taking like 150mg a day to nothing and was in shit condition.
Effexor is one of the worsr SSRI's on the market IMHO

what effexor or tramadol?

I know tramadol isn't a SSRI but with regard to the withdrawl I was talking about effexor

Yeah the doctor didn't tell me how to taper off at all. I'm sorry if I insulted it unduly, I agree it has helped a lot people I know immensely =).

But damn it hurts to come off it, it felt like I had the worst spins+flu+dysphoria for weeks on end. bleck.

On a side note, some people I know snort Effexor....

Sigh, with so many good drugs out there....Kids these days.

Tri-nity said:
what effexor or tramadol?

I know tramadol isn't a SSRI but with regard to the withdrawl I was talking about effexor
Actually, I think that tramadol is an SSRI...

buck_reed said:
Hi folks,

We use tramadol as a front like pain killer for emergency use. It is a synthetic opiate like pethideine or toradol so it is designed to have Morpheine like effects but not nearly at the same strength (about 1/10).
Toradol is definitly NOT an opioid. I think that it's an NSAID.

snnnnnnnnoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Immortal said:
Anybody tried snorting tramadol???

man,do you snort everything.? you and tommy chong would get along well;) .i like tramadol. dose 150 mg. in the late a.m. and i'm usually set for the day. kicks in about an hour or so. since i have lower lumbar probs they have been a way to keep from using all my 7.5 es. but i can see where they would be addictive. but for ME not so much as an opiate feeling as a mellow speedy experience.

Attachments

• rollinrodent.jpg
    rollinrodent.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 75
The vomiting thing when I take tramadol, is it something thats only in the befinning of use, or am i oversensitive to tramadol?
I also fell the nausea when i take temgesic.

Quote from a different site:

"Even the humble codeine analogue tramadol (Ultram), a selective partial mu agonist analgesic with noradrenaline and serotonin reuptake inhibiting properties, can serve as a useful mood-brightening stopgap. But contemporary medico-legal opiophobia ensures that such usage remains strictly off-label."

Effexor works as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor as well, at least according to their website. As for how well one does against the other... I only have experience with tramadol.

I'm one of those people who can't OD on it becuase of the sickly, barfy feeling that accompanies it. I've had a pretty good run of high availability of Hydros and as it's winding down the trams definitely help fill the gap. Suppose I'm lucky in that I can skip days without much more then the pain that they were prescribed to kill but there's been a lot of effort at moderation as well. Hope this helps...

Re: snnnnnnnnoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrt

bigBiff said:
man,do you snort everything.? you and tommy chong would get along well;) .i like tramadol. dose 150 mg. in the late a.m. and i'm usually set for the day. kicks in about an hour or so. since i have lower lumbar probs they have been a way to keep from using all my 7.5 es. but i can see where they would be addictive. but for ME not so much as an opiate feeling as a mellow speedy experience.

I asked this because I hear a lot of people had problems with vomiting. And my stomach isn't so good. Once I vomited from E. Because of that I ask ... Is it safe to snort it?