• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Interesting job advertisement

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Faculty of Science and Information Technology
School of Environmental and Life Sciences

Research Associate (Fixed Term) Level A/B
Position No. xxxxxxx

The position, funded by the Australian Federal Police Forensic Services, requires the implementation and development of a Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometric (GCMS) methodology for the Forensic Profiling of Amphetamine Type Substances. Applicants will require knowledge of mass spectroscopy and hands-on experience with GC-MS instrumentation. A PhD in Chemistry or a related science is desirable.

Excerpted from current 'The Australian' employment classifieds.

BigTrancer :)

OK, this sounds like a great oppotunity for the BL intelligence division to get a man on the inside. Now who around here has a PhD in a related science and would know the relatively simple workings of GC/MS? ;)

Seriously though, it would be great to hear of such things as they happen and not have to wait 2 years until someone with access to a paper posts it somewhere. Microgram is a great resource, often directly relevant to Australia, but it doesn't give the public everything.

Ive done Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometric, Differential Centrifugation and Gel Electropheresis. Too bad I followed the lab manual. I'm a chiro, not a chemist.

But I'll take the job

when do I start?

B T, Your on the ball that's for sure.

Got to get up pretty early in the morning............

in my short time i've been here, i've really come to appreciate bt's posts. This place wouldn't be the same without you bt, cheers for all the hard work you put into moderating this forum :)

As for the job, go dexter :p