• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News : Killer Superman Pills!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter_stayne

Bluelighter
Date Added: 22.3.2003

Superman Killer Pill Alert in Sheffield by Jonty Adderley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harm reduction activists in Sheffield (Northern England) issued an alert this week about potentially deadly ecstasy pills containing MDMA and Moclobemide. The danger pills bear an S ‘Superman- style imprint, measure approximately 10mm X 4mm and have ‘an almost shiny coating,” said Robert Smith from the Dance Drugs Alliance.

“The pill has been identified to contain MDMA (50mg) and Moclobemide (80mg), and could cause serotonin syndrome and be potentially fatal,” he warned.

-------------------------------

March of this year was when i aquired some of these babies (imported), i thought they were a nice little bikkie, intense, short-lived, but worth the money...

one of my friends had a bad roll on one of them... could they be the same batch>>?? later on some chick died on one in the UK

Re: Superman Pills:

mashead testing posted

lol fuck I didnt realise I could do that much damage, one of those supermen was tested with a different method of testing which has now been discounted due to the fact that 5 more of the same supermen which were almost definitely from the same batch were tested for 85mg MDMA lol oh dear

It was not a rumour but my original concern which sent the warning around the whole of the UK eventually though I had to discount that although I think it was too late and a lot of people were left with supermen thinking they were potentially dangerous when they might not have been, I guess its better people thinking a pill is dangerous when its not than thinking a pill is fine when its dangerous

BigTrancer :)

Although BT's post seems to indicate they dont contain Moclobemide, it is only a matter of time before someone will use half the MDMA and a MAOI, profit margins double. I dont think this is a common occurance at the moment, but one which is so potentially profitable that it could become an increasing trend. GC/MS anyone?

theres some decent pink supermen in qld atm which are in no way dodgey. Posted about them + ez test result on pill reports about 2 weeks ago or so.

yeah i had the white ones in sydney around march/april...
one of my mates who dropped on was on his ass after about 30 mins completely smacked out - loving it but couldnt get up.. sweating and shit..

Gas Chromotography/Mass Spectrometry.

They are two of the most common chemical analysis instruments used when testing. They cost $50,000+ to buy, so unless your a serious user I doubt you'll be rushing out to buy one. ;)

From here
The GC device is generally a reliable analytical instrument. The GC instrument is effective in separating compounds into their various components. However, the GC instrument can not be used for reliable identification of specific substances. The MS instrument provides specific results but produces uncertain qualitative results. When an analyst uses the GC instrument to separate compounds before analysis with an MS instrument, a complementary relationship exists. The technician has access to both the retention times and mass spectral data. Many scientists consider GC/MS analysis as a tool for conclusive proof of identity.

GC/MS analysis, where the effluent to the GC instrument is the feed to the MS instrument, is in wide use for confirmation testing of substances. Drug testing, manufacturing quality control, and environmental testing are some typical uses.

Limitations

Although many consider GC/MS to be the "gold standard" in scientific analysis, GC/MS does have some limitations. Because great faith is maintained in GC/MS analysis, erroneous results are not expected and hard to dispute. However, false positives and false negatives are possible.

Some problems with GC/MS originate in improper conditions in the GC portion of the analysis. If the GC instrument does not separate the specimen's compounds completely, the MS feed is impure. This usually results in background "noise" in the mass spectrum. If the carrier gas in the GC process is not correctly deflected from entering the MS instrument, similar contamination may occur.

Also, the MS portion suffers from the inexact practice of interpreting mass spectra. An analyst must correlate computer calculations with system conditions. The typical memory bank for MS identification contains about 5000 spectra for a particular group of compounds. Even if a competent analyst could find conclusive results pointing to one substance out of 5000 substances, this does not rule out the remaining over 200,000 known existing chemicals. For the 5000-spectra memory bank, the typical computer result is limited to as many as six possible identifications.

Large high precision machines can cost over one million dollars new, and will usually only be found in professional laboratories.

^^ do a search. For future reference, many of these questions have been answered before in the many forums bluelight has to offer, if not google will help you.

Thread Closed.

This thread has been closed because it has lost focus on the original topic.

If you have anything further to add on the subject of the original topic, please email me at [email protected] to arrange this.

Status
Not open for further replies.