Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

making cookies out of buds

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
I'm in thailand now and can get my hands on so pretty nice thai bud but I only know how to make the cookies out of leaf is I use leave I make 30 cookies out of an once of leaf dose anybody know how manny cookies i should make with an once to buds to get cookies about the same strength.

I usually make about 60 cookies from an ounce of bud, they can turn out quite strong though, it's always easy to have half a cookie though to test their strength :)

26.gif
Cookies of Death
26.gif

BigTrancer :)

Speedy,

I little off topic but...make sure your super carefull over there, you can get in heaps of trouble even for weed in Thailand now..

If you freeze them you can keep them for a fair while.

Cookies are nice but if you can't be bothered working out how many cookies to make or you're at all concerned about storing the cookies for too long etc, you could just by-pass the cookie baking like i do and just eat the bud by itself. It's quicker,easier, more economical and fat-free.....and you don't have to clean up the kitchen afterwards :D

^ummmmmm....if you activate the cananboids first by heating, you may find that your bud-munching has much more success :)

2 thumbs up for bt's cookie of death recipe, it's a ripper ;)

that goes without saying....eating without heating=not a lot of action ;)

SpeedyG if you haven't done it that way before, don't heat it to more than 340-360F/180oC else it'll start smoking.

I was always under the inpression that cakes, cookies whateva were made from leaf or at least thats what myself and all my friends have eber made them from.

You can make some hell potent stuff from just leaf and as we all know leaf is free or it bloddy well should be (unless your 13 then about $20 for about 3 grams of it)

I have made two very potent mixes from leaf the last on I made a cake out of two cake mixes together too make one very large cake. I didn't make the THC butter just added about a 4ltr icecream container of leaf, very finely chopped up (as small as a mix) The leaf was very quality though is was all the trimmings off the buds when a plant was ripped and all the trimmings were very sticky with resin.

The cake doesn't taste as bad as some of the previous ones I have tried, but definatly the most potent. Half a piece fucks me beautifly, a whole fucks me intencely.

Very cool stuff too take when you go out and hand around just make sure people can handle the potency.

BT - You mention in your recipe that you don't have to chop the choof up finely when cooking it with the butter. You then go on to say that after simmering it for sometime and it's turns a nice dark brown colour to pour it into a bowl over a strainer and throw away the solids left on top of the strainer.

Does this mean that the THC contained in the bud is now mixed in with the butter as liquid and that the solids (old buds) that are left on top of the strainer are rendered useless?

Yup, that's pretty much the trick - the THC is soluble in oil/fat, which is why you can use butter to extract it from the plant matter.

I'm terrible in the kitchen :(

So BT, basically, if I get the thc butter down pat, I can pretty much use the butter in any cooking that requires said amount of butter right?

And, how easy is it to burn the mix while it cooks? Being so bloody unexperienced in the kitchen, I have a bad sense of judgement about when stuff begins to burn. Say the heat level is maintained on a low setting, on the average natural gas stove. Roughly how long should the butter cook for?

You're pretty much on the money Melancholic - check the cookies thread for a bunch of recipes, you can make anything :) There's a bit of a blow-by-blow description of making the butter in there too if that helps.

Yeah the receipes in BT's thread is pretty good, otherwise if you want to go further and make something different, check out my Green Eggs and Ham forum at OzStoners

www.ozstoners.com

Happy Cooking and have a cookie for us! ;)

Urbie 8)