Rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alf

Bluelighter
So I just saw this last night.... I thought it was terrible. I was almost falling asleep through a lot of it. I'm trying to put my finger on what went wrong and this is all I can come up with.

1-- I never gave a single crap about any of the characters, or the war that was going to happen. I'm not sure if they just didn't spend enough time going into each individual character, or what. Maybe they assumed they would be familiar characters to us, so they didn't have to, but character development sucked, and I even found myself bored with Sean Connery. It seemed like they threw him in there just to deliver typical one-liners in his accent, like in the Rock.

2--The action scenes were terrible! All of the action flew by in a blur, where you couldn't even see what the characters were hitting each other with. There were parts I couldn't figure out what was going on, or even sometimes why a fight was even happening at all. The explosions weren't cool, either. In fact, everything cool I saw in the movie was also in the previews.

So.... I give this movie.... half a star? out of five. I'm REALLY disappointed after the hype this movie got.

I think it was a pacing issue. They just in't spen enough time fleshing nything out. One thing just bounced into another.

For instance DR Jeckyl's internal struggle. Thia would have been really cool, and allowed us to become closer to his character but what it took him all of 5 minutes to change hyde into a kind carring person???

I guess I may be closed-minded, but I think the title of the movie is so cheesy and lame that I don't even want to see it.

^im with you, I think they just said "how can we rip off the x-men, without doing it blatantly?" and thats what they came up with. I will not be seeing this movie :)

i've gotta know how did they do dorian grey? that was the only thing that made me mildly interested in this flick ... even then i'd never go see it me thinks

SPOILERS WATCH OUT!

Yeah i thought the movie sucked major ass, i agree there was just no character developement at all, they didn't go into the war at all, the costume design for mr hyde was pathetic. Tom Sawyer wasn't anything more than a sidekick for sean connery. The bride of dracula? was there a movie about her i missed? why not just have dracula? i'm pretty sure she was their sad attempt at sex appeal. The invisible man makes few appareances (heh). All in all it was just a bad movie

As for Dorien grey, the only character that had any intrigue, his picture is stolen by the bad guy, and if he ever looks at it he will age and suffer everything that happens to him, so he goes bad, bride of dracula fights him since they are both liek immortal, she wins by stabbing him and showing him the picture when he can't move, he ages faster than the guy in indiana jones and the last crusade.

DON"T LOOK ABOUT UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ SPOILERS

Maui2k said:
^im with you, I think they just said "how can we rip off the x-men, without doing it blatantly?" and thats what they came up with. I will not be seeing this movie :)

i don't think "the league...' rips off x-men deliberately. it's about a group of special people so there are bound to be parallels.

are you aware that it's based on a comic book of the same name?

alasdair

Sean Connery said that he had passed on "The Matrix" and felt he couldn't pass this up because of the former's success. I guess old age and wisdom aren't exactly parallel. Like some here, I thought that this film looked like a joke after my first preview encounter.

Trippies, she wasn't really the bride of dracula. She's Mina Harker, who's actually a very important character in the Dracula Story. But the point of dracula was saving her BEFORE she becomes a vampire.... Guess that didn't happen?

The movie wasnt great but it wasnt a complete waste of time. I had the foresight to eat a decent amount of canabis before viewing this so they could have thrown just about anything on that screen and I probably would have enjoyed it. This is why I could never be a movie critic.

The characters were kinda shitty and it did feel like a Indiana Jones/ Mummy/ knock off. I paid matinee price so I didnt feel cheated.
You gotta admit that Sean COnnery is great though. Right???

Sucked. What I want to know is how they managed to navigate that big old submarine through those itty bitty canals.

Saw this tonight. What a piece of crap. First Connery movie I ever wanted to walk out on.

Film: The League of Extrordinary Gentleman

I loved this movie! I read a lot of places that said it was bad, but I disagree. I was very entertained.

It was kind of silly in some parts, but this was a comic book style movie..things are not supposed to be THAT realistic. (LOL- Like people jumping from cars traveling 90 miles per hour and hitting the ground like they jumped from a car that wasn't even moving)

Even with that, I thought it was awesome and want to see it again. What did everyone else think of this film?

:)

If you liked the movie, then from what I hear you should really read the comic. Its alot more hard core and better (of course) than the movie. I haven't read the comics, but my friend's told me a little about them as he read them all I believe.

Like for instance the invisible man? He just sneaks around a girls catholic boarding school raping girls in their sleep and when they have children they believe its a religious experience, a la Virgin Mary.

Or the Indian guy is REALLY REALLY REALLY racist against white poeple.

Anyways, maybe all this is in the movie! Cuz I haven't seen that either! But from what I hear you should definitely check out the comic since it seems like you loved the movie so much.

thanks n20fiend - i did not spot that. i'll merge these now.

alasdair

Trolling the back pages of the forum, and wanted to respond to this one.

I liked it. I really fucking liked it. But I generally approach movies with low expectations. Maybe I'm biased for having actually read the stories that built these characters - and I don't necessarily mean the comic books - I mean the real books, the classics. So I understood the character foundations, and was excited for a place that brought them all together. The action and effects were right on par with what I'd want, and expect, from movies made then; with an additional flavor of their own entwining of characters from different eras, backgrounds, story lines. (Keep in mind, I have not read the LXG comics). But for me, I was fine with the liberty taken in deviating from the classics in the effort to bring off something 'new', and I didn't see it as an X-Men rip off at all - Other than DG and The Bride of Dracula, nearly all were normal humans with extroidinary lives. Even the Invisible Man, a common man changed by a chemical reaction - not some genetic mutant and part of a larger population struggling in a racist setting. No, this was a plot line, a mixing of classic characters in new light, and a decent production overall. I will even admit to purchasing the DVD, and watching it more than once.

So there. :p

It's a fun, "good" bad movie, especially if (like me) you're willing to function with your brain stem for a couple of hours. Then again, l like shit like Kung-Pow! and The Scorpion King. Sue me.

Yeah, a "good" bad movie, I seem to have a steady diet of those.....me and my low expectations :) Still, the Tom Sawyer part really irritated me :X

regardless of what all you other people think I liked this movie, however I had thought the end was somewhat of a setup for a sequel that never happened :(