Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cheap 0.01 gram scales.

Sllip

Bluelighter
Cheap micro gram scales.

Hi guys.

Just thought I would let you all know that there is a guy on eBay, not me, who is based in Queensland and sells 0.01g scales for about the $90 mark. I bought a pair off him last week and have been more then happy with his services.

So if your interested in knowing exactly how much your consuming then I suggest you get yourself a pair and eliminate the guess work.

Party safe.

i believe you mean milligram, not microgram. 0.01g is a difference of +/- 10mg.

[edit: thread title has now been changed from microgram to 0.01g]

Last edited:
Yep digital and they include calibration weights. You know that a $50 note with rollie paper around it weights exactly 1.00g

Yes I have been running around the house weighing random objects.

What brand are they?

Cause I just bought a set brand name "My Weight", and they were a lot more than $90, actually about 3 times the price.

I won't be happy if they are a better brand than mine. Cause I only purchased them last night.

Actually I just weighed a $50 not with a rollie paper and I got 0.98g. So tomorrow I'll check on my scales at work which go down to 0.001g and see if I get the same result.

They are called accurawiegh or something like that. Can't be bothered getting my stoner butt of the couch to check. They are made in Fiji I think and are distibuted by a guy in Queensland.

^^^
You didn't have to move your stoner butt off the couch to reply?

Just how disturbed is this guy in Queensland cos I don't want no hassles.

Nah I haven't been getting any PM about it but I'm still waiting. I've got some very accurate .001 metre rulers with a pencil sticky taped in the middle to offload. Sizes and colours vary.

May I also add that they are very handy for measuring out lines.

Last edited:
[Edit: URL deleted. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sllip. Been looking for something just like this; very much appreciated and very timely.

You bastards better not outbid me! :D

Please note that when measuring a physical property, you can only know the result of the measurement within the limits of precision and calibration of your instrument.

In digital readouts the reading uncertainty (or the level of precision that can be attained from reading the scale on the instrument) is taken as plus or minus one digit on the last readout number. For example, if this particular digital balance was used the reading error would be ± 0.01 gram. That means you can never, using this balance, know to better than 0.01 grams how much sample you have from a single measurement.

This is fine, and presents very little problem when weighing objects over most of the balances range (in this case up to 50.00 grams, evidently), because 0.01 gram is a small uncertainty relative to, say, 1.00 gram. However, when weighing at the very low end of the scale, the uncertainty becomes significant. If, for example, you tried to weigh a very small powder sample, and the resulting reading was 0.05 gram (approximately half a 'point'). With a reading uncertainty of ± 0.01 gram, this represents ± 20% uncertainty. In fact, from that digital scale, while you may read 0.05 gram, it really tells you that (if your balance is calibrated) your powder sample weighs somewhere between 0.04 gram - 0.06 gram.

This isn't so bad with measuring things like speed, or MDMA, because a measurement inaccuracy of 0.01 gram (10 mg) one way or another isn't going to make a huge deal of difference to the overall experience usually. On the other hand, I would never measure research chemicals using anything less precise than one milligram accuracy, just to be cautious. Unfortunately however, 0.001 gram (and 0.0001 gram or higher) precision balances are well out of many people's price ranges.

BigTrancer :)

PS: Some people define the uncertainty for digital scales simlarly to analogue scales (i.e., half of the smallest scale unit). I think this assumes that the scale is subject to rounding error only, and not truncation error. It's been awhile since I looked this stuff up hehe.

Last edited:
fucking fuck fuck fuck.... I forget to check my bidding just before it closes and some bugger went and snatched it from me. :(

boo hoo.....

I got a set of "My Weigh GemPro" digital scales for about $270 because it claimed to be accurate to .002g

I am VERY dissapointed with this scale, as it doesn't register any weight until about 12-16mg and from a number of tests I wouldn't trust it to be more accurate than about +/-.006g

These were purchased for the express purpose of measuring out RCs (yes, BL's harm minimisation message does work). I guess I now have to measure out 10 doses and put in water...

Ouch - I have heard that the MyWeigh balances are really shoddy, which is unfortunate because they're the cheapest of the lot in that resolution range. AFAIK the Tanita 0.002g balances are quite good, but a little more expensive. Definitely worth the extra price for reliability though, one person I know who has one says it's rock solid, every time he puts 10mg calibration weight on the scale it reads 0.010g exactly.

BigTrancer :)

BT: Yeah... following the instructions to the word, I let it adjust to room temp for an hour, calibrated it, let it warm up for 30 seconds, then weighed the 10g calibration weight. Various attempts have given me a reading of anywhere between 9.998 and 10.006 :(

Oh well... at least it's okay for measuring points of k and meth :)

Before using any scales to establish milligram dosages of RC chems or other milligram active drugs (even in large solution volumes) please first establish accuracy and precision (repeatability) by re-weighing several known weights, and recording the weights and variations. If possible do this at different air temperatures (no wind of course).

I have a small set of weights which only go down to 0.25gm, but I have seen some which go lower. These must be stored carefully and be handled with gloves/tweezers to ensure they do not gain or lose weight through abrasion, dirt and oil accumulation, oxidation etc.

You should note the relative errors and variations of all weighings of the same known weight. Do this across a range of weights (say 0.05g -45g in 2 gram increments) and calculate the absolute error. Any analytical chem or stats text should explain this. If any results are odd, perform a Q test to see if any data should be omitted. If any reading is omitted, I would discard the scales altogether.

I'm afraid I suspected as much when I first looked at the ad. If it's any consolation, I've seen 0.001gm scales from a distinguished manufacture occasionally on sale for under $900-00. These come with their own calibration weights and are easy to use. They are commonly used by gemstone traders. Incidentally, if scales are used to indicate % purity of a substance via freebasing gram amounts, then the scales need to have a resolution of at least 0.01g.

If you do spend money on such an expensive set of scales and use them for preparing/analysing drugs, then it is well worth your interest to prevent contact from any illegal substances, as besides the possibility of being charged, you'll almost certainly loose them if ever seized in a drug raid. Use weighing boats with a sheet of paper underneath and prepare so spillage or contamination is minimised.

Last edited: