Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

OxyContin

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlin

Bluelighter
Was curious as to how much this trendy drug has penetrated Australian consumers? Has anyone tried? Thoughts?

In terms of availability, is it merely a prescription away, or more heavily controlled?

Oh the pain! :)

I've had this.I'd say it's barely penetrated the opiate user market,i've only met 3 users(4 including me)that even know what it is.
IMHO it's nothing special,it has a bit more euphoria(not why i use opiates),it lasts less time,it's lighter as in you don't tend to nod off as much.
About the only thing better than H is the fact you swallow a pill rather than inject and you accurately know your dose.Injecting doesn't bother me pesonally although i'd prefer to drop a pill.

It's good but i'd only use it if i had my own script it's not worth paying exorbitant amounts for.And IMHO it doesn't compare to H.It has an advantage over Morphine in that the dose is quite a bit smaller,buts thats abou it.

Its s8.I don't think that for most people it's as easy as a prescription away.I don't find it difficult but if you think you can just walk into a doctors and come out with25*80mg tabs,think again.Besides you'd have to find a doctor that even prescribes it as the majority still use M.

Why are you asking about oxy anyway??

If you want more information about oxycodone look at RXList. I dont think you will have any luck trying to get it from a doctor because its an opitate with massive addiction potential, getting a valium script would be a walk in the park compared to this one - a drug you would have more chance obtaining at street level.

It doesn't really exist at street level.In 7years i've seen 1 person selling it and that was a one off.
But yah,your chances of getting it prescription are fuck all to none.
Its possible but it takes more time than your probably willing to commit.

I once knew someone who was prescribed Endone which has as the active ingredient oxycodone hydrochlodride, from memory. But, he fell off a motor bike and destroyed his knee to get them... he's better now. And they are magnificent pain killers.

BigTrancer :)

I've had oxycontin about a dozen times, unfortuntely pharmacutical opiates such as oxy haven't taken off down here like it has in the US. I've come across MS Contin and Temazepam Capsules been sold on the street but thats it.

Unfortunately, I think Oxycodone/Oxycontin would definately become popular in Australia if it wasn't so tightly controlled. I say "unfortunately" because as has already been said it does have a huge addiction potential.

I've done it once. It was very enjoyable but not as much as heroin. I took it rectally and I agree with Aloowishus, it definately felt less lighter, less sedating than heroin. I felt as though I wanted to get up and do stuff rather than lie back and enjoy. Unlike him/her though, I found it to be less euphoric than H.

About availability, as someone else said it's schedule 8 so you will need a bloody good reason to get a script.

try snort them....... its better for the high, but be warned at the site, poppies.org claimed that snorting oxy's is worse than snorting coke or MDMA, its more caustic to your nose, and there's few members at poppies.org with partly missing nose from snorting too much oxy's for ages.

They are very very diffcult to get, what happens is, I believe I have said this few times, when the doctor put you on oxycontin for pains, they only give you 5 or 10mg's oxy's then after 3 months, you have to go thru these bullshit federal government medical reviews to get them in continued script and higher doses above 10mg's.

On the packet on these oxycontin has this big warning label stated: "Possession of this medicence without script is illegal" or something..... thought it was funny, in a weird way.

I was once prescribed Endone for lower back pain. I can't remember the strength in mg, but they were very strong. I found it difficult to do anything much, particularly drive a car which was when I found out just how strong these babies were. Not being an opiate lover by any degree I never took them for fun but they were good to have in the emergency medicine cabinet.

Apart from marijuana, there's very few non-up things I like, having found everything from H to M to C to many analogues and synthetics in-between did little which I found to be pleasant. Opium was the one possible exception but when it comes down to it, apart from interesting dreams I didn't really think much of it either. A really large dose of pethidine left others seeing things everywhere, but for me nothing except feeling tired. Oh well, perhaps I missed out on a few opiode receptors ;)

Last edited:
^^^My source gets them due to being a Crohns disease sufferer, so it's pretty much one of the last pain killers prescribed. MS Contin was handed out previously.

I was on it for a while recently (as an inpatient - my doc said there was no way in hell he'd trust me to control my own intake of it ;)) after I smashed the shit out of my face in a car crash. The drug itself is called oxycodone hydrochloride - "Oxycontin" is the slow-release version, and "Endone" is the quick release one. I was initially on 20mg Oxycontin twice a day and 10mg Endone 4 times a day, and I fucking loved it.. hehe.. Chewing up/crushing Oxycontin negates its slow release properties, so it basically hits you like a freight train. I've purposefully never done H because I don't trust myself not to fuck up on it, but Oxy was certainly a shitload nicer than morphine or pethidine, IMO.

I didn't try snorting Oxycontin, only chewing it up and swallowing it.. even then I regretted it in the end, 'cos I really did need it for pain relief, so after the initial 1-2 hour peak I was in a shitload of pain until my next dose. I attempted to snort 5mg of Endone a couple of times, but the tablets are so damn bulky that you're literally trying to rail about .5g of powder at once, which isn't pleasant and also seems to prevent any 'rush' from nasal use 'cos there's so little drug in so much filler.

I'd love to get Oxy's again, but it's probably in my own best interests that I can't.. oh well!

And for an answer given by Sasha:

Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Heroin

Dear Dr. Shulgin:

I would like to know what Oxycottons are and what they are used for. And what is in them. Thank you for your time. -- Phyllis

Dear Phyllis:

I suspect that your question refers to one drug, Oxycontin, which has received a great deal of notoriety recently. It is a special preparation of the drug Oxycodone, a Schedule II narcotic analgesic that has been in the pharmacopoeia for many years. Let me lay out a bit of background.

In the listing of the Scheduled drugs, the explicit wording of the names of the classes of narcotics depends on just which Schedule is involved. In both Schedules I and II, compounds that are narcotics and are totally synthetic laboratory inventions are called Opiates. But if the compounds are actual Opium alkaloids, or chemical modifications of these alkaloids, then two names are employed. As Schedule I drugs they are called Opium derivatives, and if they are Schedule II drugs they are called Opium and Opiate. I must presume that Opium is meant to be the poppy plant Papaver somniferum. Then it seems inescapable that the singular word "opiate" means a material synthesized from an opium alkaloid and the plural word "opiates" represents only the narcotics that are laboratory creations.

Within this interpretation, Oxycodone should be called an opiate (singular), since it is a material that is made from codeine or thebaine, both natural Opium alkaloids. It was first prepared maybe a hundred years ago and, as with all the derivatives of these morphine-related treasures, explored in animals for its potential narcotic activity. This specific derivative, codeine with a couple of small molecular changes here and there, was an effective morphine substitute and became commercially available as a prescription narcotic. Modest pills, doses of 5 or 10 milligrams, were well accepted for pain control, either as Oxycodone or under the name of Percodan. It was obvious quite early that the dependence-developing potential of this heroin-like substitute was quite real, but in reality its role in the treatment of pain was excellent. Addiction to narcotics used for legitimate medical use was extremely rare.

This stable prescription situation was disrupted somewhere around 1998 with the introduction of an alternative form known as Oxycontin. This was the same compound embedded in a time-release capsule that would allow a larger dose to be used less frequently. Instead of ten milligrams every three hours, there could be forty milligrams every twelve hours. But the time-release factor was invalid if the pill was chewed up, or dissolved in water and injected. Suddenly there was a new "heroin-substitute" available, and the diversion from clinically valid use to street sales was rapid.

Efforts were made to block the Oxycontin availability, and yet this was a medically approved modification of the original Oxycodone pill. I don't know where this problem stands at the present moment, but the legal scene was rapidly becoming very complex. Efforts have been made to block this, but to allow that, and I suspect that the picture is still rather complex.

Let me accept this unspoken offer to repeat a simple solution that I feel would resolve all this pharmacological chaos. Make heroin legally available to those who have a dependence upon it. There should be neither a negative stigma nor a crime associated with its use, and there should be no disruption of one's social image with a daily fix. We all have our weaknesses. And we are all humans. Let us be who we are.

--Dr. Shulgin

Let me accept this unspoken offer to repeat a simple solution that I feel would resolve all this pharmacological chaos. Make heroin legally available to those who have a dependence upon it. There should be neither a negative stigma nor a crime associated with its use, and there should be no disruption of one's social image with a daily fix. We all have our weaknesses. And we are all humans. Let us be who we are. ^^^^^By Alexander Shulgin.

Right on Sasha!:)

I work in a pharmacy and can get ANYTHING except for S8 drugs, they are heavily controlled.

Put it this way, Methadone is easier to get.

Last edited:
How long ago was this tho?

All i know is we send stock levels, patient details and everything to the HIC on all S8 drugs. Impossible to get for me :(

Hi, I'm not having much luck with the search engine on this one, so this seemed as good a thread as any to ask: What would be the likely legal response to a first time offender in Australia importing a small amount of oxy from overseas, if customs found it? Cheers.

I dare say you'd be in the poop. Because its so tightly regulated and I think its illegal to import prescription medication. I know you can get valium and other stuff from offshore pharms but I reckon you would be in strife if they intercepted your package.

As I have and others mentioned in previous posts that it is still relitively rare down here but far from impossible.
I'd just like to state that I shouldn't break the rules as I've been here long enough. :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.