• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Santa is back in Darwin and he is not happy!

Gazza75

Bluelighter
SANTA IS BACK!
AND HE IS NOT HAPPY!

Santa is back in the Territory for his second Christmas in July Community Smoke-In at Raintree Park in Darwin city this Saturday. A monthly tradition in the Top End, this weekend’s Smoke-In, a colourful drug law reform rally, will be the 13th such event organised by the Network Against Prohibition since the commencement of the campaign against the drug house laws last year.

The smoke-in, starting around noon on Saturday, will feature speakers and information on drug law reform, live music and activities for the children. Santa has promised to bring along a jolly giant joint for the crowd and he will be putting on a free Christmas lunch for all the good boys and girls.

Santa is devastated that the Northern Territory drug house laws have not been repealed since his last visit to the Top End. “I am extremely upset that 2 homes have been declared drug houses by the government.”

Santa and his reindeer followed the nearly completed Railway Tracks from Alice to Darwin on their way up. Santa said “I stopped in Alice to party with some friends but to my dismay, there was no functioning needle and syringe program in the town.”

“It looks like Clare Martin and her Labor Government are committed to the Tough on Drugs approach to drugs, despite the leaked report from the Federal Health Minister’s office declaring that zero tolerance policing initiatives were causing an increase in the incidence of Hepatitis C infections.”

Santa is set to return for the 2nd Darwin International Syringe Festival in September and has pledged that there will be no presents in Clare Martin’s stocking when he comes back in December.

For further info about the campaign for the repeal of the drug house legislation checkout our website http://www.napnt.org.

Call Gary or Nicolette on 8942 0570 for more details on the smoke-in.

raverchik said:

*nods* You've lost me too.

I think this is best over in Aus Drug Discussion.

Thread Moved!!!

DJC*

Actually, i really have no idea where this belongs. Its an event, but not one that really belong in Events, maybe it belongs in Social...???

Mods??

DJC*

Thanks DJC* :)

I guess it's a meetup of a kind, but not a conventional 'party' in the sense of the Events forum. I gather there's as much or more chance of a NT BL reading the thread here as in Events, given the frequency of 'rave' events in NT hehe.

However - I'm not all that sure we should have 'meetups for the specific purpose of taking drugs' threads at all... which this clearly is. I'm going to let this one stay, pending further discussion.

BigTrancer :)

I think this is acceptable considering the Territorian users' general disposition, but I agree with BT that it's technically out of step with forum guidelines.

I love seeing all you mods taking each other so seriously..."hhhmm where shall we put this" ;) ... be jezus lighten up a little.

And am not sure exactly what 'Territorian users' general disposition' is meant to mean.

you may be not be aware that while you guys fiddle with your rulebooks the NAP crew are all facing jail sentences for standing up to the draconian drug laws currently being tested out in the NT. I don't particularly agree with a lot of the 'direct action' methods they use but one has to admire their courage and tenacity.

I'd imagine if these laws pass the crucible of the NT then they will be adopted in other states...see http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56201 for previous details. Then where will your forum guidelines get you....

Yes, Tranquilo, the plight of the NAP crew and the bullshit laws being tested in the NT are exactly why I left this thread open.

While I too believe their cause is good from a personal standpoint, I also do not particularly agree with 'direct action' methods. But my personal opinion on this matter is not a factor in my comments at all; indeed, the reason I agreed that this post would be better in Aus Discussion than its original location (Aus Events) was because I perceive there to be few NT posts in that forum, and this thread might receive more attention here.

BigTrancer :)

hey. BT don't get me wrong here...you know much respect and kudos to those big dancing feet from me and mrs T :)
and I know that you have done what you can to draw attn to this....just get annoyed at the rest of the countrys ignorance about what goes on up here. I spoke to someone the other day from 'down south' who thought darwin was a desert area 8(
peace