Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm on a mission, help me redefine the term "smacky"

goatyoghurt

Bluelighter
We all know that a common expression for pills which have nice MDMA effects, i.e. jaw clenching, eye wobbles, just sitting down and talking shit with a huge grin on your face have been termed smacky.

This is partially accurate since they seem to smack you around but in my opinion it only furthers the misconception amongst people in the scene who are less educated about drugs that pills contain heroin.

I propose that we, the members of bluelight redefine this term in order to educate people and wipe out an urban legend.

The only alternative I've come up with is messy which I chose cos it starts with an m (MDMA), but its pretty shit so I want all of your opinions and suggestions and hopeully in a while one of the mods can post a poll with the most popular responses.

Cheers =D :) =D :) =D

hrmm, i think messy has the wrong connotations. perhaps chilly? :) gone chill-e? (as in you want to chill)

i think that the term SMACKED OUT is too ingrained into the culture of taking E for it to be changed,

Posted by off my pickle:

i think that the term SMACKED OUT is too ingrained into the culture of taking E for it to be changed

It is, or used to be (?), a very common (but incorrect and misleading, and based on urban myth) terminology - however, the turnover of people in the 'E culture' is quite quick... maybe if we keep pushing alternatives to the term 'smacked out' then in the not-too-distant future there may be new generations of ecstasy users who haven't even heard of the term ;)

Then again, maybe I forget just how common this term is... because I haven't had anyone actually tell me they were 'smacked out' (or on a 'cokey pill') in years hehe.

BigTrancer :)

I think it's too ingrained in ecstasy culture to be changed... Although I'd happily encourage any replacement people have to offer!

The main problem I see is that people don't always mean to imply that they're feeling the effects of heroin. When you get a really strong, heavy feeling MDxx based pill that sits on right on your arse and leaves you feeling great, but unwilling to move... What's the best description for it? Well, it's hit you with a smack. You've been smacked. The pill is smacky. It's a logical explanation of the effects...

People could well say "this pill is smacky" and be aware that they are not feeling the effects of heroin, and that heroin in pills is a myth. I guess the point is - they could simply be using the term smacky to describe the effects...

Good cause goatyoghurt, but I don't think it's possible...

:)

the turnover of people in the 'E culture' is quite quick... maybe if we keep pushing alternatives to the term 'smacked out' then in the not-too-distant future there may be new generations of ecstasy users who haven't even heard of the term

This is a good point which makes me believe that it can be done, I've got a couple another suggestion - mongy, its better than messy at least :)

me and my friends use the simple term "fucked up" to describe this... i suppose it is too general to become the name for one certain effect of one drug, be we know what were talking about ;)

/me puts on abestos suit.

And I still stand by smacky. :p

eddi has a good one there frosted i like the sound of that kind of fits the way you feel when your chill-e as jubas put very nicely.

My fav is i feel nicely TOASTED!

dont forget that it has to be *****ey, so does a 'toasty' pill sound right? lol i dont think so.

Always liked the term used for a bunch of "smacked out" people sitting around......... e-tards.
although e-tarded just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

i have to admit my group of friends uses "toasted" too.

I love "FLOORED" and love when i'm "FLOORED" and when I'm "FLOORED" I love it when people come up to me smileing and laughing and tell me i'm "FLOORED" or "MUNTED" or "TROLLEYED" he hee he "YEAAHHH"

toasted and
floored.

see as long as we just use as many names as we like, itll keep the no0bs and the media guessing...

i think the name should be an adjective so you can say its a ....... pill, it doesnt make sense to say its a toasted pill or a floored pill or a fucked up pill etc :)