Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill scoring

doofhard

Bluelighter
I think that pill scoring should be in two different scores.

1. for people with testers and they can score 1-10

2. for people without testers and they can score 1-10

The difference being I would rate a devil or trident about a 6 I have tested it and consumed it it was good but not strong.
There are people putting them down as an 8 without testing and therefore should be the best pill they have ever had considering they cant score 9 or 10.

I think some people that score them think I had a great time so I will give a good score.
I don't think anyone is interested in how good your night was just how good the pill was. (you know what I mean)

I think the scores should consider strengh as much as quality.

I still think the devils/tridents are a good pill but not very strong.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE

pillreports has become almost meaningless...

please people, rate pills properly!!!

Afew times ive read good things about pills only to be dissapointed...

Scoring definately needs an overhaul.

Just about every pill that someone has obtained a peak from, they've given an 8 (without testing).

The guidelines are good, but no-one seems to adhere to them.

The other thing is that people will get different results depending on tolerance. One person may have a huge, long peak off a pill, but it's only their second or third pill. While a heavier user might only achieve mild effects from the same pill.

I was discussing the topic with some mates and I thought of having this as one of the fields (tolerance level). But this may be too hard to implement, as everyone has a different mindset of where their tolerance is at.

In the end, I think that if the scoring guidelines were better enforced, it would add more meaning to the reports.

Btw, I wouldn't mind becoming a pillreports mod, as I really would like to see it improved and really want to get rid of the bullshit that gets posted on there.

:\

The only thing you can really do about it is lead by example. Encourage more people to test their pills and utilise the whole rating scale...

BigTrancer :)

I think its pointless to really attempt to make people score pills properly when it comes to strength. You will always have a beginner that will rate weak pills an 8. You will never change that because there will always be beginners that do not know any better.

However in terms of quality/presence of MDxx, one could give a pretty good rating along with a good description of effects that will put other people onto a good thing.

eg. A pill is tested to contain MDMA. The user reports a feeling of being loved up and kinda "smacked out" with no bad come down (using newbees terms). This will indicate to the rest of us that the pill is indeed is a high quality MDMA pill. We however will NEVER be able to tell if it is actally strong or not. One of my mates for example gets put on his arse by a half of a medium strength MDMA pill. He is not a beginner either, its just how his body reacts.

I had those white tridents again last night at **** ***** and I absolutely adored them. I would rate these an 8-9/10. I found these felt like real MDMA without testing. Heaps of empathy/loved up, rushing, "smacked" out, heaps of hugging et cetera. Hadn't come across what I consider to be the real deal for quite some time. My tolerance is high. Would have been a 10 if they contained a bit more mdma in it but I was still happy with the quantity. I would probably never rate a pill a 10 though as I always have higher expectations. All my other friends were blown away by these as well.

Im not a newbie, i've been doing pills for over 6 years.

[Edit: Venue details removed to comply with posting guidelines; phase_dancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
doofhard:

Although the rating system is not perfect, I think a change of rating system like you suggested would be a step in the wrong direction.

If someone has tested it and claimed it was the best pill they had ever had it may just be a speed based pill and they enjoy the rushes. There is no way to tell how experienced the posters are so the reagents are the best stepping stone we have to create the semblance of an accurate system.

Please don't encourage *less* use of pill testers.

If you want to make the rating system better, you should *only* be allowed to post if you have used a tester.

Robot Features:

I'm sure you are experienced but I've known people that have been doing it for 3-4 years and probably have never had a strong mdma pill. Length of time doesn't account for everything but the tester is a great start.

Runner said:
I think its pointless to really attempt to make people score pills properly when it comes to strength.
Fuck oath. Nice post Runner.

I'll add my 2c though...

As for revamping the rating system, I do not believe it will change much at all. It's already too complicated (how many people actually adhere to the rating guidelines???), and tested or not, there are just too many factors which influence someones final rating.

And now for a rant I've been waiting to have regarding ratings... I think far too many people weigh their decisions too heavily on ratings. I think there is too much of an emphasis on ratings at pillreports. Think about all of the factors which might influence someones decision on the rating... How many pills, and of what different presses did they dump? Did they take halves, thirds, or did they double dump? Sure, most people post such details... But the absence of it leaves me wondering. Also, MDMA is a highly subjective drug and ratings take no account of peoples tolerance or particular tastes (speedier pills or heavier pills for example). They also take no account of the mindframe, overall health or other drugs the user might have been on. Also - set and setting. If you are having a shitty night, and dump a mighty strong pill... Chances are it's not going to have the same effect on you as it would on someone who is having an awesome night.

While all of these factors are variables, and indeed at times do not apply, they are enough to dissuade me from basing any of my actions on ratings. I suppose what I'm getting at here is a reminder... Pill ratings are subjective, and people should take that into account, along with issues they might not know about, before making a call based on ratings.

They also seem to cause so many huffy arguments, I wonder if they cause more shit on pillreports than they are worth.

Anyway, that's my 2c. Personally, I use pillreports to gain an initial overview of what people are reporting to be MDxx positive, and what they say are MDxx negative. From there, it's just me and a tester.

:)

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with your rant apollo and I also don't like the idea of spliting the rating system into two camps. Everyone should be encouraged at all times. Due to differences in people and circumstance the idea of a quantitative measure of a pill purely from the experience is quite ridiculous.

Whenever the pillreports system is rebuilt there will definitely be some kind of rating overhaul I think. I would like there to be some kind of user reward for posting quality reports, like karma points, or stars, so users know the respected posters who they can trust. I also think rather than numbers which tends to lead itself to a rating, have a word category, such as MDMA > with options of Weak / Average / Strong. Simplifying it would be better and would lead to less bickering about ratings.

I agree with cowboy it seems a sensible way to go.

Also is it currently possible to see previous pill reports for a poster ( as is avaliable in the discussions section) I would find that useful in deciding wether the poster gives quality reports. In the situation where a report is a bit suspect and is intentionally misleading previous reports might show a history of this.

The other thing is that people will get different results depending on tolerance. One person may have a huge, long peak off a pill, but it's only their second or third pill. While a heavier user might only achieve mild effects from the same pill.
as mentioned by DJ Sphinx Project, tolerance and experience are big issues, which is where I think the suggestions by Cowboy Mac & planet dweller are marvellous :D