Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice comedown

gOOgster

Bluelighter
I tried ice over the weekend for the first time. Although I am certainly no stranger to meth or speed (although i have never IVed) I did feel a completely different sensation to what Im normally used - kind of an hightened stater of alertness, a very 'clear' semi euphoric feeling to briefly describe it. But this isnt the reason for my post. Between two people, we probably smoked half a g.

I after smoking it, and within about 2 hours, a friend and I became very aggressive and irritable. In short we werent very friendly towards each other and were both quite agitated. I am used of coming down from pills and meth a day or so after the experience, but this was different and the irritableness lasted for well over 24 hours. We had both been drinking heavily as well, i wonder if this exacerbrated the situation - i initailly only had some to try and straighten out.

I guess the whole point of this is to flag with everyone if this is a common type reaction to this drug. I was really enjoyable for the first hour or so, a completely different sensation to ecstacy and meth to what id experienced before, but i dont think it was worth the other effects. I know that is common to feel paranoid and what not from meth, but in my experience, that has always been more associated with the comedown phase and not almost instantaneously, if you get my drift.

i appreciate others might have already posted, and i did do a quick search, so any threads might be all thats required in response.

When I tried ice a few weeks ago I did get annoyed very easily towards the end of it. But we (2 mates and I) smoked like 1+1/2 pts and that was over like 12 hours plus.
If you smoked that whole lot straight within 2 hours, I think that would of made me go phyco.
Im not sure how most people smoke it whether its suppose to be in one big hit or slowly over the night and I dont think people have that much.
I think the only reason I started getting agitated at the end was sleep deprivation.

I'm quite the big fan of ice and I'm a pretty regular user. There's a few things that I try to watch for when I take it, I'm not sure if it applies to everyone, but it certainly applies to those that surround me also.

Ice should only be taken in small doses, over a long period of time. I've worked out that it takes about 4 times the amount of speed to get me feeling the same state of alertness. Ice is more of a mind stimulant than a physical, although, after being awake for a large period of time, it only keeps you awake, not feeling good.

After taking ice, it usually takes me anywhere between 12 and 36 hours to feel tired. Then, when I finally get to sleep, i only sleep for a few hours, then I am awake for another long period of time. It takes about 2 days before I actually feel tired!

The come down from Ice often leaves people feeling extremely paranoid. Try not to stress yourself out on ice either, it provokes paranoia!

If seen people on ice do things that they wouldn't normally do. Become psychotic, extremely paranoid, start fights, lose friendships. You see it with all drugs though. Watch what you are taking, stick to a point or two! It's a good drug when it's being monitored ;) So champ it up, just watch what you are doing!

Ice 8) is a nasty temptress and one needs to be extra careful when trying to tame the dragon.

Crystal Methamphetamine when smoked has a few small things that can make the experience slightly more problematic than other drugs:

You don't realise when enough is enough.

It’s quite addictive.

You feel more smoke rather than sleeping and eating will be the best option to get through the next day.

It’s quite easy to smoke a lot more than you need and only realise after its way to late. Smoking tends to make you feel great after your hit but you don't get wired and paranoid till a lot later so in order to chase the glow you keep redosing all the while adding to the negative after effects without any consideration. What people seem to forget is that using methamphetamines you’re in for a long ride, 20+ hours in some cases, while the initial smoke rush is only short people think they are coming down and need more. This leading to 'over-dosing' and the becoming extremely irritable and paranoid.

To avoid nastiness with this drug a huge amount of self control is required and I know how hard that can be. Eating and making sure your body has all the necessary fuel for a normal days operation is extremely important but this to can be difficult while on a drug that suppresses your hunger and makes you feel on top of the world, meanwhile your stomach and brain and screaming for nourishment. You should be prepared with liquid foods and vitamin supplements at least but eating a meal at the normal times and staying to your regular routine would be better although you'd probably need to poke the food down with a stick;). Missing meals and lack of sleep will draw the negative after effects out much longer.

Sleep is important without it your body will not function correctly; problem being methamphetamine makes sleep almost impossible. Excessive consumption of methamphetamine can disrupt your sleeping for weeks not just days. It is important to let your body relax and wind down even though your brain is running a million miles a second and you’re convinced you’re not tired. Even if sleep is impossible resting is better than nothing.

Being paranoid is probably the hardest thing to deal with and the less you listen to your body and the more meth you have the worse it will be obviously. Remembering that you are making yourself paranoid and that it is only the drugs is the best advice I can give. Using less, sleeping and eating more is the better option though.

When your smoking methamphetamine remembers this: When you think you've almost had enough you've probably already had too much.

There are many threads on comedowns and dealing with them if you search for them but being that smoking meth is becoming so scarily popular and the potential for abuse is so high I have no problem with a new thread. It seems this is the latest party favourite and from my experiences most users seem quite oblivious to the dangers and consequences of their usage.

The abuse of this drug is in my opinion killing the rave scene here in melbourne, it saddens me to go out and see so many people spending half their night in the car smoking ice. People should consider being a little bit more respectfull of the potentcy of this stuff!

FOR THE LAST TIME ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED ABOVE, ICE IS METH - USE THE DAMN SEARCH PAGE.

The reason you feel different is because you smoke it. Try eating/snorting some and you'll know.

Things to watch out for:
* If your gear is shit, which in most of your cases it is, you will only get a little high per big smoke sesh which will die in the arse very shortly leaving you coming down yet still wired.

* If your gear is good, you only need about 15mg to give you an incredible high for good 2hours. 1 points should last the whole night for a non-tolerant user with noticable effects lasting from 8-15 hours depending on degree of tiredness. If eaten, effects can last up to 24 hours.

* When smoking meth, the body clears the system of it much quicker then when eating it. You also get a lot less of it, since you breathe a lot out, as opposed to eating it or snorting. The effects will thus last a shorter period of time. The high is a lot more intense, so the comedown will seem worse, because you have to fall from a lot higher level above base-line. In addition to the greater lack dopamine your body registers this relative difference and this is reflected in your mood.

* Meth is the real test of wheather you are a wanker or not. I've stopped hanging around with many a person who become irratable and agro on a meth comedown.

* Some good things to battle the come down is
#1. Stay positive.
#2. Get some hard-core loving from your missus and get kinky because this the only time both of yous will probably be into it.
#3. Have a good pill, and when this wears off, your meth come down would have passed somewhat
#3. Get pissed and hang out with really cool people whose company you really enjoy.
#4. Get really stoned before going to sleep, eat some food when the "muchies" start rumbling your stomach.
#5. Go to sleep.

NOTE: If #2 goes from the morning, through the arvo and into the night, then you have successfully made the absolute best of your comedown - skip all next steps except for getting stoned :)

My personal theory on sex:
Everyone would have experienced the lack of enthusiasm, can't-be-fuckedness, everythings-is-fucked, nothing can make me happy feelings on a meth come down. This is of course caused by the depletion of dopamine in your brain which is the key behind the reward mechanism in your system. ie. Nothing seems rewarding enough to even bother. On the other hand, the opposite seems to occur with sexual desires. It seems this is the only thing that seems like a great idea. In fact it seems so great, you've never realised just how great it is :) This leads me to believe that dopamine has very little to do with sex-drive and sexual satisfaction.

Sounds like you had a very similar experience to me on the weekend googster! It wasn't the first time i'd had ice but it was the first time i'd smoked it. I only smoked 1 point, and snorted another the next day. 2 & 1/2 points sounds like alot to me if you were getting stuff of similar quality to what i had. Mabey this is why you got so paranoid and agressive. Smoking it produced a more mellow high for me which wasn't what i expected. You don't really know when to stop! Anyway to cut a long story short i started on thursday night and didn't sleep (properly) till sunday arvo. All i could manage was a lie down for an hour even after 10mg of valium. I was really skattered and paranoid on sat night and felt sort of out of place sitting with my friends. My solution was to drink alot of beer and eat junk food. Worked a treat. Smoking it seemed like a waste to me and gave me a feeling like i was having an asthma attack the next day. Plus you look like a total crack head =D

Last edited:
NRG: don't blame the ice, blame your approach :)

For starters, more than one night without sleep is outright stupid and can only be justified by some very important circumstances.
By what most people describe about smoking here, I conclude that you are probably smoking more MSM than ice.

My experience with good ice is an absolute feeling of joy, all problems are gone, you will never come down and life could not have been greater. It is a much more intense sensation then when snorted or eaten which mostly give you energy and enthusiasm. (This is from about 20mg which for me is more than enough to say no the pipe for the next 2-3 hours or so)

NRG your the man they are the ultimate thoughts. Different people like different drugs but for me ICE sux. Pills rock, acid rocks, k rocks with other stuff, 2cb to be tried soon but know it will rock, mushies to be tried soon but know it will rock, speed can be good but doesn't rock.

MY THOUGHTS ONLY NO OFFENCE INTENDED!!!

miss gracey, i was under the assumption that the author was in fact discussing 4mar (or what he thought was 4mar) as he mentioned that he's tried both speed and meth... i could be wrong though...

I tried ice over the weekend for the first time. Although I am certainly no stranger to meth or speed (although i have never IVed) I did feel a completely different sensation to what Im normally used - kind of an hightened stater of alertness, a very 'clear' semi euphoric feeling to briefly describe it.

*shrugs*

I don't think there's any merit to debating the 4-MAR vs. Meth issue until people start putting up reagent test results. Until then, it is my opinion that we should assume that all 'ice' discussion refers to methamphetamine.

BigTrancer :)

Thanks for all those who have posted, it has given a hell of a lot more insight into the whole ice/ meth thing and some of the consequences. I just thought that I would add a few other points now that my brian can string a few more sentences together...

Fry-d made some very, very relevant points. Sleep certainly became very difficult and when i did, it was a very light, semi awake sleep and the whole nastiness thing lasted for all most two days. I certainly didnt realise that enough was enough because i was searching for that intense feeling which only lasted for about 30 or so minutes. In short Fry-d you summed up what I experienced to the letter.

Anways, as I alluded to before I have tried meth and speed many times before but had never really gotten into it. Pills are more my thing and to a certain extent that was my problem. I think I over endulged and was inadvertently looking for a 'peak' of some discription. Usually I do my homework and find out as much as i can about a certain drug before trying it, but this time i didnt anticipate it being there, it was something i came across and got stuck into. I guess I learnt a valuable lesson in that regard.

In short there have been plenty of useful suggestions posted and i appreciate all of your points. I do consider myself educated to a certain extent, but i stuffed up. At least i got away with it with only a few arguements and me looking like a wanker for a little while in front of my friends.

PLUR

although this topic has been extensively discussed, i would like to back up the general assumption as to the availability of 4-MAR in Melb. my friend who had been referring to crystal as "ice" for six months+ was taken aback when i finally proved to his whinging ass that what he had was simply properly synthed meth. the look on his face was priceless!
reagents rawk!! :)

By what most people describe about smoking here, I conclude that you are probably smoking more MSM than ice.
Runner; What's MSM? I don't blame the ICE. Smoking it just didn't seem to do anything special for me.

doofhard: good on ya! those are the ultimate thoughts. Oh, and no offence intended 8(

It wasn’t the ice mate it was the damaged tile on you right wing that occurred on lift off that caused a catastrophic structural failure and resulted in you disintegrating on re-entry.

JoKeR =D

Offtopic: MSM is dimethylsulfone. It's sometimes used to cut meth with. It dissolves in acetone well, so an acetone wash will remove MSM from your meth. There are websites selling MSM as a diet supplement recommending 2-10g daily, it's a source of sulfur, and fortunately should be fairly harmless.

BigTrancer :)